Welcome to summer online Bible study! For some of you this format is brand new as you are joining the Womens Bible Cafe™ for the first time. We hope you enjoy the learning experience as much as we do and we’re excited to study, connect, and grow. To get these weekly Bible study updates make sure you register for the study here: https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/2017/05/overwhelmed-register/
SUMMER READING SCHEDULE
Each week we ask you to read TWO CHAPTERS of the book “Overwhelmed” by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory. Be sure to read these two chapters before your small group meeting. When we gather for groups we’ll discuss those two chapters.
- INTRODUCTION WEEK: (6/19/2017) Read Chapter 1: How Did I Get Here & The Mystery of Me: Understanding the Mystery of Me and Chapter 2: The Mystery of Me: Understanding the Past and the Present You DISCUSS: Meet and Greet!
- WEEK 1: (6/26/2017) Read Chapter 3: Sometimes I’m My Own Worst Enemy: How to Be True to the Future You and Chapter 4: Building Up Others While Tearing Down My Overwhelm: Creating a Team Where Everyone Wins DISCUSS: Chapter 1 & 2
- WEEK 2: (7/3/2017) Read Chapter 5: When It’s All Just Too Much: Practical Steps to Get to the End of Your Day and Chapter 6: Overcoming Overwhelmed: Increasing Your Capacity for Joy DISCUSS: Chapter 3 & 4
- WEEK 3: (7/10/2017) Read Chapter 7: “Just Try Try Again” vs. Making Peace with Past Failures and Climbing Out of your Rut
and Chapter 8: “Just Let It Go” vs. Managing Your Stuff and Surroundings DISCUSS: Chapter 5 & 6
- WEEK 4: (7/17/2017) Read Chapter 9: Just Go with the Flow” vs. Personalizing a Well-Defined Work Week and Day and Chapter 10: “Just Clear Your Calendar” vs. Creating a Calendar That Works for You DISCUSS: Chapter 7 & 8
- WEEK 5: (7/24/2017) Chapter 11: “Just Put Your Big-Girl Panties On” vs. Practicing Self-Care (in a World That Couldn’t Care Less) and Chapter 12: “Just Wing It” vs. Cultivating Peace with a Plan DISCUSS: Chapter 9 & 10
- WEEK 6: (7/31/2017) Chapter 13: “Just Don’t Take It Personally” vs. Choosing Input to Invite and Feedback to Forget and Chapter 14: “Just Get Over Yourself” vs. Dealing with Crisis Creators and Finding Your Peeps DISCUSS: Chapter 11 & 12
- WEEK 7: (8/7/2017) Chapter 15: “Just Quit Making Such a Big Deal Out of Nothing” vs. Negotiating Big Deals and Deal Breakers and Chapter 16: “If It’s to Be, It’s All Up to Me” vs. Resting in Sabbath Restoration DISCUSS: Chapter 13 & 14
- WEEK 8: (8/14/2017) No reading. DISCUSS: Chapter 15 & 16
DISCUSSION GROUP MEETINGS/SMALL GROUPS
Please use a time zone converter (free online) and find a group you want to attend in YOUR time zone. Then in our private Facebook group look for the leader photo with that group number and join discussion once a week. These discussions are one hour in length. We do not assign groups, you can join any group!
- [group 1] Monday Eastern 8AM
- [group 2] Monday Eastern 12 PM
- [group 15] Monday Eastern 3 PM << New!!
- [group 3] Monday Eastern 9PM
- [group 5] Tuesday Eastern 9 PM
- [group 6] Wednesday Eastern 9AM
- [group 7] Wednesday Eastern 9PM
- [group 8] Wednesday Pacific 9PM
- [group 9] Thursday Eastern 12 PM
- [group 10] Thursday Eastern 9 PM
- [group 11] Friday Eastern 7:30 AM
- [group 12] Saturday Eastern 11 AM
- [group 14] Sunday Eastern 9 PM
INTERNATIONAL TIME ZONES
- [group 4] Thursday India 4:30 PM
- [group 13] Sunday India 4:30 PM
ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
- Pray before you begin, and also pray for our ministry leaders and the book authors.
- Read Chapter 1: How Did I Get Here & The Mystery of Me: Understanding the Mystery of Me
- Read Chapter 2: The Mystery of Me: Understanding the Past and the Present You
- DISCUSS: Meet and Greet! <– join a discussion group once a week!
BONUS: COMPANION STUDY GUIDE- Click this link below for PDF
We will share a new study guide lesson once a week. Author Cheri Gregory is an educator and does not give out her lesson plans in advance. She wants us to complete the lesson before a new one is published. Print these out and put into a binder so you don’t lose them.
So there you go- it’s that EASY! All you do it pick a group you want to attend, meet-up in our private Facebook group, read two chapters before your next group meeting, and complete the companion study guide for WEEK ONE so you’re ready to talk about it next week.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 15:13 (NLT)