And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
What a powerful time we have had studying the Armor of God together over these past few weeks. We have learned and stretched and grown in faith and fellowship one with another as we have carefully studied each piece of the armor designed to protect us from the onslaught of the enemy. The Prayer Strategies outlined for us on page 192 of our Member Book have given us the framework for a more effective prayer life.
As we look to the Christmas Season with a renewed sense of hope, consider writing specific prayers for each area of your life and putting them into a brand new journal for the New Year. Also, if you have not already seen the War Room starring Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore, I highly suggest you take an evening off, cuddle up with some hot cocoa and a warm blanket and watch this powerful movie.
Finally, we will continue to meet for our Faith Dare Wednesday Night Chats through the month of December as we prepare for our upcoming study, Joseph by Melissa Spoelstra. Make sure you checkout our main Facebook Page or WomenBibleCafe.com for more details.
Assignment For the Week
- Write a Prayer Strategy Card for the New Year. Take your time as you form this special card. Consider creating a new devotional journal for 2016 and placing this card in the front of your new journal.
- If you haven’t already registered for our January 2016 Online Bible Study, you can do that by Clicking Here ~~~> Joseph Online Bible Study
- Feel free to join us for Faith Dare – Christmas at the Womens Bible Cafe each Wednesday Night. Click Here for more details ~~~> Faith Dare Wednesday Nights
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- We have discussed the importance of forming a Prayer Strategy over these last six weeks. Did you experience a breakthrough in your prayer life through creating the weekly prayer cards? What was the most important principle that you learned through forming the Prayer Strategy Cards using the P.R.A.Y. model on page 192?
- Considering what you have learned about the turtle formation on page 134, what does this say about how we should concern ourselves with building up the faith of others?
- How are you able to share your active faith with the broader community of Christ around you?
- What is Jesus currently doing in your life and how does your relationship with Him affect you on a daily basis?
- Share the most important thing you feel you have learned during this study and how you intend on putting it into practice?
Thank you for joining us during this wonderful study of the Armor of God. We would like to extend a heart felt invitation for you to join us in our New Year Online Bible Study of Joseph by Melissa Spoelstra. May your hearts by filled to overflowing with God’s Love, Hope and Peace this Christmas Season.