Esther Online Bible Study Begins Today

By September 23, 2012Esther

Welcome to womens online Bible study as we begin Esther, It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore. During this  Bible study Beth Moore walks us through the pages of scripture and the rich historical impact of a woman named Esther. The themes of our study include courage, faith, prayer, fasting, obedience and love for the Lord. Throughout the study you’ll have opportunities to consider your own faith and how it aligns with scripture. As you begin this journey, take time to pray and invite the Holy Spirit to sit beside. If you complete the entire study you will not be the same woman that you are today. Esther changes lives.

I first completed this study with my church small group and have two distinct memories- the time we all put on princess crowns and I felt like a complete idiot, and the time we ended our study watching the movie “One Night with the King” which I loved. I also remember the powerful message of Esther and how it impacted my life. May you have a similar experience…and if you feel like putting on your royal crown…just do it!

We invite you to pray for the 10 ministry leaders at the Womens Bible Cafe. Each week these women volunteer their time and give their hearts to sharing the Bible. None of us are paid for our ministry service, nor do we profit from the Womens Bible Cafe. We appreciate your prayers for our health, relationships and finances. Pray for the Lord to use us for His purpose and to bring glory to His name.

If your church has online sermons, check the archives and see if you have access to a similar message.

We have almost 500 women from around the world participating in this online study. Please join the small groups and fellowship with one another as you discuss Esther. If you want to read about My First Bible Study and see how Satan tried to keep me from attending- then click here.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Homework For The Week

• Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during your study of  Esther, It’s Tough Being a Woman
  • Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide for this study: Lifeway.com > Esther Member Book> Support Materials
  • Read Week One in your workbook. You will be reading Monday through Friday each week, no matter the day your small group meets.
  • If you’re using the video or audios for this study, watch the Introduction session.
  • Join a small group this week. To see the small group schedule please click here.

Welcome to Esther!

Post a comment below and tell us what small group you’ll be attending…we look forward to seeing you there 🙂

• Courtney Moe says:

I would love to do this with a few of my friends. How do I purchase the workbook?

• Deb Callaway says:

I am starting this group late, so won’t be joining any groups at this time, but will be getting more involved and will probably join with a group of my dear friends. We have an online meeting room on facebook called “circle of christian friends.” We have know each other since high school and graduated 40 years ago.

• Andrea says:

I want to participate in the studies. Do I have to purchase the required books?

• Melissa says:

I will be starting the Tues group at 9pm. My book just got to the house yesterday. Excited for this as I haven’t dine this before.

• Rebecca says:

I will be joining Christine Smith’s group Saturday morning @ 7am… Didn’t realize time when signed but going to make effort to wake up & be ready

• Rhonda says:

Rhonda…..tennessee

• Kimberly Guerino says:

I will be starting on Thursday. I’m very excited about doing the study with ladies all over the world. This is awesome!!!

• Terry Pierce says:

I will be joining the Tuesday night chat group at 9:00.

• missy2u says:

Hello all,

I missed last night chat with LaTanya, but I read all the coments and I must say I enjoyed launch week chat notes.
    I’m totally looking forward to finding out what the Holy Spirit will be speaking to me about.

I don’t know if something is wrong with me, but I have no idea where I want to Holy Spirit to lead me in this study. Maybe after a few sessions I will have that answer and add it to my book.

I pray we leave this study different, God bless.

• Mary Beth Floyd says:

I’ll be chatting on Sunday nights with Traci Pollard. I might “watch” some of the other chats, because I love seeing different people’s perceptions of things, but I’ll try to limit my comments to one chat ~ lol

• Patti Luke says:

Oh sadness. I was beginning my study. I work 2 jobs so did not have a chance to preview the book that I ordered and have been waiting to dive in to. I go to dive in and find that I ordered the Leader’s Guide. UGH! No I can not participate. I guess I’ll just read Esther anyway and check on here to see what’s going on.

• Christine Smith says:

Spiritual warfare! Send the book back and reorder the correct one, you can download the first week’s lesson on the website http://www.lifeway.com look for Esther Member book, then look for sample lesson. Don’t give up so easy when the enemy attacks!

• Jennifer D says:

I will be facilitating a chat on Tuesday afternoons. I will be attending the different chats as permitted.

• Raquele says:

How do I join and where do I get the books and wkbools

• Kitty Armstrong says:

I love Beth Moore’s studies… have never tried anything like this online

• Alicia says:

Count me in on Saturday morning! But please pray I can find some way to occupy my children for an hour so that I can fully be present in chat. 🙂 I’m so ready to get going with this study!!!

• Angela Hassett says:

I will be attending the Thursday 9:00 eastern small group on Esther . Super excited to take this journey!

• Tara says:

Good morning! I’m not positive about this, but I hope to attend the Saturday morning small group if I can’t get to any of the daytime ones during the week.

Hi, I am Sue Alice, and I will be joining Heather King on Wednesdays at 12 noon EST. I canot ait to be there. Blessings to all.

• Sharon Lewis says:

I will be working through Esther with a group of ladies from my church in my home. We have already begun, and I LOVE it! This has brought some great dialogue between me and my daughter as well, and I am learning so much from the wonderful seniors in my group. I have been fortunate to have the dvd’s to work with, and they are outstanding! It is well worth the expense to view these each week!

I will be joining Heather King’s small group on Wednesdays at noon. See some of you then!

• Regina says:

Hello. I’m Regina and I am looking forward to doing this bible study. I plan on attending the noon Wednesday group.

• Carmella says:

Hi there ladies! I will be attending the Monday night at 8pm (Central time) sessions. I am so looking forward to this study!

• Lisa Milhoan says:

I will be attending the 9:00 eastern session time on Mon nights…looking forward to it…

• Heather says:

I will be attending Heather King’s small group on Wednesdays at noon. It is my first experience with online small groups so I am excited!

• Melissa says:

I’ll be attending the noon Friday small group! Can’t wait!!!

• Heather says:

Good morning, everyone! Welcome to the first day of the study!!! I’m Heather King and I’ll be chatting about Esther on Wednesdays at 12 noon (Eastern). I hope to talk with some of you during that time each week!