Cindy Hamilton will be having a double mastectomy on Wednesday…please show your support by posting a prayer or comment here.

You could have knocked me over with a feather.  On Thursday, my husband and I were planning on taking our granddaughters to my son’s Mexican restaurant.  When we walked in the door, I couldn’t quite process the fact that a group of my friends and family were sitting at a long table and smiling at me!  My youngest daughter had planned a surprise “no-mo chemo party” for me.  What a wonderful evening, sitting and enjoying my precious friends and family…..a perfect ending/beginning to this journey that God has sent me on. I just wanted to hug everyone and not let go!

How do I adequately say “thank you” to all of the people who have been and will continue to walk with me on this journey?  You have been God’s arms and legs to keep me company along the way.  The prayers, the cards, the food, the e-mails, the visits, the gifts……so many blessings.

Thank you to Christine for giving me the opportunity to share my journey through the eyes of faith.  Thank you to all of the women at WBC who have written comments and prayed for me along the way.  Your own journeys have increased my faith.  What a blessing you have been to me! You will always be close to my heart.  I will continue to write about my journey on my blog at cindy-aquietplace.blogspot.com and will post updates here at WBC.

This coming Wednesday, I will have a double mastectomy to get rid of the last traces of this cancer.  It’s really, OK. Jesus still has a tight grip on my hand.

I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you.  Philippines 1:3

UPDATE FROM CINDY (Thursday): The surgeon found NO trace of cancer in my lymph nodes! So, he didn’t have to take any out! We are praising God!  I believe this is a real Miracle! I am so humbled by my God.

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Millie says:

Cindy just read your update!! Praise the Lord!! Doing the happy praise dance for you!! The power of prayer who can ever question it!!!!! Continued good health sweetie!

• Chris says:

Cindy, praying for the Lords will to be done in your life. I thank you for sharing your story of faith throughout this season of your life. I know that many women have been blessed by your willingness to share. May you and your family have peace in this next season of your life. = ] Chris

• Diana says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! May our Lord and Savior bless you today and always with His Love, Comfort, Healing, Patience, Peace, Happiness and Joy in His salvation!!!!

• Rose says:

Standing in agreement with all in the power of Christ for your complete healing. May the Lord’s peace be upon you and your family during this time of healing, in Jesus name.

Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are my praise.”
    Jeremiah 17:14

• Doug Huchteman says:

Prayers up

• Sara Epps says:

Praying for you Cindy

• Claudia says:

Cindy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Praying not only for a complete healing and speedy recovery, but for God’s peace and comfort to surround you and your family. God bless you.

• Arlene says:

Lord surround Cindy and Jennifer with Your tender living care and Your healing hands… In the name if Jesus!

• Wynter says:

I join with others in prayer for you. Believing that with God all things are possible and knowing that the prayers of the righteous availeth much. I will wait patiently for your praise report! God Bless you and your family.

Wynter Patterson

• Oh Cindy, I am praying for you! The bible study we are now doing on WBC about Choosing Joyy reminds me of you as you choose joy every day andf are an inspiration to me. God Bless you Gilfriend. You are always in my thoughs and prayers.
    Love you!

• Jennifer Orkin says:

I am praying for you. I know how hard this is for you. I was diagnosed with Stage 2 BC this past Valentine’s Day (what a wonderful way to spend Valentine’s Day): I watched my mom, grandmother, and aunt go through it as well.

I pray that you recovery is smooth and that there are no complications. Good luck with everything.

God bless!!!

Jennifer

• Danna says:

Father God, Jesus the great physician we call upon you now for Cindy that she will be under your care and the physicians hands, that surgery will remove all the cancer, for a miraculous and quick recovery . All praise and Glory belong to you Lord, I thank you now for answering our prayers on her behalf. Amen

• kristine says:

“My child, be attentive to My Words; incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and HEALING TO ALL THEIR FLESH.” Proverbs 4:20-22 Remember: Jesus never turned anyone away. JESUS HEALED THEM ALL. And He also said we would do EVEN GREATER THINGS when He ascended into heaven. There IS no IMPOSSIBLE. Have Peace. Let your test become your TESTIMONY. May God make the surgical theatre Holy Ground and guide the hands of all who attend you. Rebuke EVERY BAD REPORT as wicked and false. EXPECT MIRACLES. Put on your armor (Ephesians 6). Be strong and courageous. The Lord is with you. xoxo

• Penny says:

I am praying that our loving God surrounds you with his presence and holds you in his everloving arms. I am standing in agreement with my sisters in Christ for your healing.

• Angie Searls says:

I am calling out to a power of healing upon u bec there is power, power the mighty healing power in our heavenly father I bind it with all my sisters in Christ. In Jesus name Amen!!!

• Mary says:

Cindy,
    May God Bless you and Keep you. He will be standing right beside you guiding the surgeons through the surgery. What an inspiration you are to ALL women, and people in general. You are a true light in a dark world. Praise God for you, and Praise God for his healing hands that will be on you Wednesday. I would like to Pray right now in Jesus name for your total healing, and for peace for your family during this time. These things I pray in Jesus name…AMEN

• Betty says:

Praying for you, Sister. <3

• Charleen says:

Praying for you, and praying that God has his healing hands on you.

• Mona says:

Praying for you!

• Christine Smith says:

My grandma Rose had the same surgery. I was a kid then, and I still remember the time Grandma left her breast at the JC Pennny’s store. She was shopping at the store, trying on clothes and had removed her prosthesis breast. When she returned home she realized she had left it in the fitting room. She was so embarrassed she called my dad (her son) to go pick it up! Grandma had an amazing sense of humor and loved to tell this story for the next 40 years of her life. It was a season in her life and did not define her. She was not a cancer victim, cancer survivor, or cancer warrior…she was simply a woman who loved God and saw JOY in all things. May you be equally joyful in life.

Much love,
    Christine

• Traci Pollard says:

your beautiful inside and out, I will be praying for you! Let us know how you are?

• Raina says:

We’re definitely praying for you and remembering you at this time.

• Christine Smith says:

I am forever thankful for your kindness and gracious heart in sharing your journey here at the Womens Bible Cafe. You have inspired many and touched our hearts with your story of courage and faith. You brought beauty to a subject that is normally feared. You brought peace to the hearts of those on a similar journey. You let the Lord’s light shine through you a a witness to His love. Thank you Cindy!

• Heather says:

Cindy, you are an inspiration to me. Your never-waivering faith in the face of such a trying time has brought me to tears throughout this journey. Thank you so much for allowing us to experience God’s work in your life. We will all be praying for you on Wednesday.

• Millie says:

Dearest Cindy,
    What a beautiful moment of true friendship and love.
    I myself could have not gotten through without as you
    so beautifully put it “God’s arms and legs” that he sent
    my way! I will be thinking and praying for you as you go
    through surgery on Wednesday. As one of my angels who
    now is in heaven used to say to me all the time “Keep that
    beautiful smile never stop smiling!”