Soli Deo Gloria – Glory to God Alone

By July 23, 2012Cancer & Faith

This post was written  by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her breast cancer journey with our readers. Please pray and support her journey of healing.

Cleansed, Clean, and Clear

Did you hear it?  The huge sigh of relief and thanksgiving!  My PET/CT scans were clear; there were no signs of recurrence or metastasis.  The original cancer was deemed “mild” and felt to be post-surgical in etiology…and I haven’t even had the surgery yet.  The doctor was amazed.

Last Monday morning, I walked into the PET scan room with a sense of peace.  After my last chemo treatment the week before, I admit to having some anxiety.  But, as the week progressed, my anxiety was replaced with the “peace that passes all understanding”.  And so, as I lay on the narrow PET scanning bed with my hands over my head, I prayed.  The words “cleansed, clean, and clear” came into my mind.  God had already given me the word, “cleansed”.  Several months ago, I woke in the night after a difficult chemo treatment.  I sat up in bed and the word “cleansed” came to me in the dark quiet.  And now, God added the words clean and clear.

Tuesday, the phone rang.  It was Dr. Gentry’s nurse.  “The reports came back early, and your scans look great!”  Wednesday morning Dr. Gentry went over all of the reports with us.  Preston and I couldn’t stop smiling!  We celebrated at the Purple Cow with a nice juicy hamburger.

Surgery and radiation are still ahead, but God has given us a confirmation that it will all be over soon.  And so, I wake every morning with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ!   1 Corinthians 15:57

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• I am so thrilled for the healing that has taken place in you body and God’s words of reassurace that have filled. your heart. Praise the Lord for His loving kindness and that His promises ae yes and amen!!

• Millie says:

Cindy, praise be to the Lord!!! Congrats!!! There is nothing like that peace of God that settles us and takes away our anxiety! Here’s too many more clear margins!!! 🙂

Cindy,

I am doing CoCo’s happy dance for you my dear. God is GREAT. Please keep posting, for I am forever change by your posts. Blessings and prayers.

• Donna S says:

Hallelujah! Praise Him for His Love, Care, Mercy and Grace towards His children and you Cindy… His child!

Praise His Glorious Name 🙂

Love in Christ Jesus
    Donna

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Wow this is the 2nd or 3rd time this morning I am doing my praise dance in regards to one of my WBC sisters…..Jehovah Rapha!!!

Look at God

• Kim Teamer says:

Praise God! Praise Him! Your courage and transparency in the face of this incredible challenge has been remarkable. Thank you for sharing your experience, your testimony and your praise. All glory and honor to the Most High God who is the God of all comfort. He is mighty to save.

Hugs, Happiness and Hallelujah in Christ,
    Kim

• Irma Bustos says:

I am so happy for the good news, as I share your story with my sister-in-law Margart we will sing praises to the Lord for he is great. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Blessing,
    Irma

• Sharon Lewis says:

I am rejoicing with you! Thank you for sharing this journey with us and for helping us better understand God’s love and mercy through it all. May God continue to strengthen and heal you as you complete this season, and may you receive many more good reports. To God be the glory!

Sharon

• Beth Kinder says:

Cindy,

I have been following you while you move along in this journey. My husband battled throat cancer a few years ago, he is now three years post treatment. I rejoice in the news! I remember my husband getting that same report! Praise the Lord who heals!

Blessings!
    Beth

• Christine Smith says:

I am praising the Lord for your clean bill of health! Thank you for sharing your season with us and inspiring others who are affected by cancer. Your story is testimony of faith during fear, exhaustion and frustration. You showed us peace in the midst of the storm, and beauty in the cancer drip room. I will be forever changed by your writing and your testimony…thank you Cindy!

You are loved!