Knowing God by Name Online Bible Study Week 2

Welcome back to womens online bible study as we discuss Knowing God By Name by Mary Kassian. We’ve just finished our second week of study as we learned about God’s character and five more names of God.

• El Hakkadosh– Holy God
  • Rav-Chesed– Abounding in love
  • Rachum Ve-chanun– Merciful and gracious
  • Emet Elohim Emet– Faithful and true
  • Higdil Tushiyyah– Excellent in wisdom

Source: Knowing God by Name, Mary Kassian, chapter two

Each day you invested in bible study last week, you saw another glimpse of our wonderful Creator. God is set apart from all creation and can never be duplicated or impersonated. It’s important to recognize who He is…so you’ll recognize false gods and worthless idols. We’re surrounded with a culture of people who are ignorant of God’s amazing character. When confronted by crisis they’re quick to look for alternative solutions and trust the opinions of others,  rather than lean upon the Rock. Or they may turn to God for momentary relief and then turn away once their immediate needs are met.

Knowing these characteristics of God, it’s astounding to consider that someone would reject Him. Why would someone reject abundant love, mercy, grace, consistency, dependability and wisdom? There is none but God.

How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
the Lord hears when I call to him. Psalm 4:2-3 NIV

We need to call upon the LORD. As believers we have the right to seek His love, ask for mercy and receive grace. As we wait and depend on Him (Psalm 37:7 ) we witness He is faithful and true. If we do not pray, read scripture and seek God…we will not see Him. It’s a daily practice to seek and know God.

During my study I confessed I was not spending enough time with El Hakkadosh, my Holy God. I had personalized my relationship with Him so much…that I neglected seeing Him as uncommon, perfect and illustrious. My focus was on his role as Father or Friend, and not on his Holy Being. This new awareness reminds me to focus on the larger kingdom of His creation. Did you experience something similar with one of the five names of God we studied this week? If so, share your comment below.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Homework For The Week

• Read Week Three in your book
  • Optional: Join us  on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
  • Check in with your Small Group Leader.

Online Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below

1. Think of five words to describe the deity or character of God and post them below. Try to do this without looking in the book or at comments posted by the other women. Do it from your heart.
  2. What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
  4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.

• simone says:

1. faithful,holy,true,secure.,safe
    2. literal hell, people would be dropping like flies due to the way that God is holy and no sin can come in his presence
    3. anchor becuse he is safe and secure
    4. God is so multifaceted its ridiculous. i love the lord even more now because of this

• Patricia W. says:

1. 5 words to describe the character of God: HOLY, FAITHFUL, LOYAL, RIGHTEOUS, DEPENDABLE
    2. If God lacked Mercy and Grace?? Chaos, Horrible, Ugly, Depression
    3. What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness? A Cross (this reminds me that God is ALWAYS FAITHFUL!!!!!

• Sharon says:

1.Think of five words to describe the deity or character of God and post them below. Try to do this without looking in the book or at comments posted by the other women. Do it from your heart.
    Faithful
    True
    Constant
    Merciful
    Loving

2.What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    It would probably only have a few people left in it!

3.What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )
    I drew a picture of God holding me in His Huge hand with the sun rising behind us.

4.Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    I love learning the meaning of words & how inadequate the english language is to describe the richness of the hebrew.

• Christine Smith says:

I’ve been asking myself each day to use 5 words to describe God, and it’s really helped me to reinforce what I’m learning. 🙂

• Carol says:

What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    We would be like robots. Black and white world with no grey areas for human failures or frailties.

What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )
    I am a hiker and illustrated the mountain range where I live in my book. It symbolizes immovable, strong, stalwart, majestic, towering, awesome, beautiful, permanent, timeless, etc. everything which the Lord embodies in His character, personality, etc. It reminds me that no matter what happens in my life, He will be there for me and He will not be moved. It is reassuring that I can depend on someone and can go to in times of trials.

• Melissa W. says:

1. Faithful
    2. True
    3. Holy
    4. Merciful
    5. Gracious

What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    A horrible place with no hope.

What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )
    I drew my little dog. She is so faithful and loves me so unconditionally that it reminds me of God the Father’s love.

Until Next Time,
    M

• Elizabeth says:

3.What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )
    I drew a picture of my husband and I because I feel like he has been faithful to me despite how ugly I can be at times. He has had faith in me even when I have not had faith in myself.

This week’s lesson has been good for me to stay directed in God’s word and not to feel so overwhelmed in a study and feeling like I don’t have the time. I had forgotten about the flash cards and got those out. Often, I can’t remember what what I read 5 mintues ago and the flash cards have been really helpful for me throughout the day to think of that attibute!

• Christine Smith says:

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. Revelation 21:2 NIV

• AdeleAlys says:

3) I am still at the stickman drawing phase, which is good because I drew a U Turn sign. It reminds me of the best 2 years if my professional life-spent as a training manager with Borders Books in New Orleans (Metairie). Directions in that below-sea-level city include not just the street address but also the side of the canal it is on. To assist those who miscalculate and find themselves on the wrongg side, canals are paved over at intervals marked by U turn sides.
    It’s very Biblical and reminds me of 1 Corinthians 10:13 ” And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

• Tamera says:

True, Faithful, Holy, Infinite, Love

2.What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    The world would be in terrible shape. If God lacked mercy or grace there would be no salvation and without that we would be a forever lost people. Thankfully that is not the case – never was and never will be!

3.What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )
    I drew a picture of my husband, David. He is a godly man that has proven to be faithful in every area of our life. He loves God more than he does me and he never waivers. He is an awesome example of head of the household and our children understand and respect him as such. He’s faithful to his employer and shares the Word at every opportunity. He supports me spiritually and rejoices that I have the opportunity to study and participate in this kind of a group while he’s at work. He is a wonderful example of faithfulness.

4.Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    If I had to a pick a favorite name for God this week, it would be really difficult to do. But I think I am leaning a little more toward Rav-Chesed (abounding in love). God has been there for me even when I was not a part of Him. He has always been committed to me – totally in. He has been with me throughout my life – shielding and sheltering me! A teacher friend of mine invited me to speak to her 3rd grade class about some of the incredible things God has done in my life. She teaches at a Christian school where the greatness of God is always on the lips of the teachers, administrators, and children. On Monday I was so blessed to be able to share with this eager group of children. I loved telling the stories of God’s abounding love and even more wonderful was seeing His love in the eyes of the children. It’s always a greater reminder when we get the opportunity to share God!

• Jenny Lamkin says:

1) 5 words to describe God: Sovereign, The first and last, Faithful, Love & Mercy

2) If the world lacked God’s mercy and grace then this would not be a fun place to be. It would be a very hopeless place to live and would be 1000 times worse than what we currently are.

3) The picture I drew was of 2 babies. Its been a rough and exciting year. With an unexpected twin pregnancy (pregnancy itself not unexpected) resulting in issues with the pregnancy starting at 20 weeks. The kids were born at 29 kids and spent 3 months in the NICU. When I look at my kids today smiling and laughing I just see how faithful God is to us. Without him the 3 months would have been a lot harder to deal with and he is faithful by answering prayers. Even though the prayers aren’t answered the way we want them to or our timing things work out according to his plans.

4) I didn’t know that Amen basically affirms that you believe that God’s character is trustworthy and that you are confident He will hear your prayer. With being brought up in a Christian home I just grew use to saying Amen after a prayer not really knowing the meaning. When I read these statements on page 49 it made me stop and think. I know there are times in my life that even though I know God is faithful and answers prayers I still don’t have the 100% confidence or I find myself questioning does he really listen.

• Christine Smith says:

Wow… I love the story of your pregnancy and how your faith was strengthened during this time.

• Lisa H says:

Reliable, Truthful, Love, Strength, Understanding

2. What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    It wouldn’t be worth living. It would be a 24/7/365 pit dwelling, terrifying living.

I drew a marble building with columns of strength, upon a cement slab, held up with pillars of support that went beneath the top ground and bedrock into the deepness, and with a door to my heart.

• Tara says:

2. The world would be a bitter place without God’s mercy and grace….without his love we wouldn’ exist, or if we did it would be a base, meaningless life.
    3. I drew a wedding ring, since that symbolizes to me a committment of the will as well as love and faithfulness.

• Jayce says:

True, Merciful, Holy, Loving, Wise

I drew a heart because true love is always faithful. For humans, it entails being faithful emotionally and physically. For God, it encompasses so much more than I could describe and is so precious that I don’t want to take it for granted.

• Christine Smith says:

Only God can fill our great need for love. After this bible study and reading all the comments of drawing hearts, I will never look at a heart image again without reminding myself “He is love.”

• Kelly Sylvia says:

1. 5 phrases (I’m too wordy for one word, lol) to describe God’s character: Unfailing love, Faithful, Provider of “chesed” love, Omniscient, Holy

2. What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace? Decrepit

3. What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 ) I drew a scene of various paths leading to different mountains and valleys under a sky of sun and clouds. I then drew crosses all over the place. This illustrates God’s faithfulness in that regardless of the path we take, through the highs and lows of life, and the darkness and light of our days He is there with us. I see him no matter where I turn, Hallelujah!

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson. This weeks lesson answered my prayers for clarity. After completed Week 1 Day 5 – Sovereign Lord, I felt low in knowledge and disturbed. I struggled with the idea that the sins of this world (rape, murder, homosexuality, etc.) all worked in God’s plan. Now my wording may not be precise, nor may my thinking, but I finished that lesson with a heavy and confused heart. This weeks lessons regarding God’s character enlightened me and allowed me the knowledge to trust that although I may not like what is going on in our communities, “God is sovereign, God is fearsome- everything in the cosmos fits and works in his plan.” Job 25:2. He works it all for His purpose and I am thankful for his Mercy and Grace!

• Christine Smith says:

Wonderful clarity Kelly! Sometimes we need to walk through a rabbit trail and discover this on our own…through scripture and bible study. It has a deeper and lasting impact rather than someone telling you their own opinions.

Hi Kelly, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this week’s lesson. God is so faithful to give us the answers we need when we seek Him with our whole heart! Loved reading your response!

• Ashley Lenox says:

I drew a picture of a woman praying while thinking of all the negativity the world constantly bombards us with. The world will tell us that we aren’t good enough, that seeking God is a waste of time and that we should just do what we want because it doesn’t matter anyway. It is true that we will never be good enough for God’s love, but He continuously showers us with mercy and grace anyway. We need to remain faithful to Him even when the world tries to make it difficult.

• Ellen says:

I just found your website and would love to join the Knowing God by Name bible study. Is it too late?What do I need to do? Ellen

• Christine Smith says:

You can still join the study for Knowing God By Name, you need to get the book and the join us in the discussions and reading. The small groups are full so you will be doing your study independently.

• Ginger says:

The sun! I can count on the sun rising and setting every day. We don’t ever wonder ” Hmm, I wonder if the sun is going to rise today”. I think that our Creator is so much more faithful, because he has actually given us promises on top of all that. The sun has never promised us anything, yet we trust in it being there each day. Why not put our faith and trust in our Creator who has done that and more?

• Christine Smith says:

Sometimes we forget WHO created the sun and it’s unyielding faithfulness. Thanks for the reminder of this!

• Christina Shubert says:

1. Honest, true love, forever love, Good, pure
    2.The world would be dead.
    3. A heart. Love is faithful.
    4. I had problems focusing this week. Sometimes I am just not making a big enough connection. But. . . This lesson is sort of competing with FOG, too. I think they complement one another, though.

• Christine Smith says:

Email me if you are still struggling with this…we might need to make some minor adjustments to see what is causing the focus problem.

Holy, Faithful, True, Sovereign, Good

2. What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?

It would be a very hopeless place.

3. What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47)

I drew an hourglass because the passing of time is faithful.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.

I am learning so much about who God is through this study and growing to love Him more each day. I am loving this study!

• Lakecia Harris says:

In my book I drew a picture of the sunrise and sunset to illustrate God’s faithfulness in my life and in the world. No matter where we are, the earth moves on its’s axis and revolves around the su. Such a clear and crisp showing of his faithfulness and love.

• Alicia says:

1. Love. Holy. Faithful. True. Excellent.

2. I don’t even want to think of what the world would be like if God lacked mercy or grace. It would be a sad and dismal place… there would be no point to it.

3. I drew a beach. When I think of a beach, I think of never ending sand, waves lapping over and over again on the shore, tide that goes out but comes back in again, and a sun that rises and sets day after day – all of which reminds me of faithfulness. It all just continues on and on.

4. I like this week even though it was hard for me to stay focused. One part that stood out was Holy Holy Holy. How if something is repeated 3 times it means an extraordinary emphasis and holiness is the only attribute of God repeated 3 times. I don’t know if I fully grasp the whole concept yet, but I certainly understand it better now that I have before.

• Christine Smith says:

I like like the image of the ocean and beach, because it’s timeless as you mentioned. Hope you are able to stay focused this week…try changing the time or place where you are doing the study.

• Tawnya Kraus says:

I drew a chair because I never doubt that it will support me when I sit on it. Unless a chair is broken, it is faithful to complete the task it was created for. My God is mighty, loving, awesome, holy and incredible! If He were lacking in mercy or grace, He would be just like us… and I would question his unconditional love because I see his mercy & grace as an outpouring of his love for me. I’ve been convicted in the lack of mercy & grace in my parenting at times- oh, how I long to be a parent to my children as God is to me! (I know we didn’t study that aspect of God this week, but it’s been on my mind…)
    On another note, it’s hard to wrap my mind around the vastness of God- his holiness, faithfulness & wisdom. I like that! It really puts me- a little human being- in my place in the presence of our huge, holy God!

• Christine Smith says:

Another interesting image…I love what you ladies have been sharing!

• Kelly Sylvia says:

Funny- When reading about Mercy & Grace and the two types of love, Ahab & Chesed, I thought of my parenting too and how I long to be a mother like God is a Father to me.

• Dera says:

5 words to describe God’s character – Holy, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Faithful.

What would the world look like if God lacked mercy and grace…void of humans for sure.
    Our very existence depends on God’s mercy and grace.

The Cross is the best representation of God’s faithfulness…in the cross, He demonstrated his love to us while we were still in our sins. The cross perfectly portrays all of God’s character. In the cross I can see His Holiness (perfect, set apart, unique, excellent), His love extravagantly displayed ( He poured out all his love at the cross) His mercy and grace ( He exchanged my due punishment for loving kindness – what an exchange!)
    His faithfulness ( His creation, His plan, His willingness to pay the price to redeem it all back to Himself.)

• Christine Smith says:

I drew a cross also and nothing beside or around it. All I could see was the cross, strong and important. Tonight I told my husband I’d like to start a collection of crosses on the wall above the stairs.

• monica, ny. says:

I can think of one word on God’s holiness w/o looking…ILLUMINOUS…I love that about His character! He’s the brightest most beautiful light & no one or no thing shines brighter than HIS Glory!

I drew a pillar..(although it looked more like a deformed tree..ha!) I also drew the sun & the moon. They all three spoke to me of Emet Elohim Emet(Fathful & True). As sure as His Mercies & Faithfulness of making them come out each day..& night…Lamentations 3:22-24

W/O God’s Mercy & Grace??? I would NOT be alive today. Tears or words cant really express how grateful I am for this amazing & most beautiful part of my Savior’s character. & Even when we dont see or understand completely..”We all live off His generous bounty..gift after gift. Such exuberant giving!” John 1:16-17
    I loved that & have been meditating on it all week.

• Christine Smith says:

I love that you are connecting emotionally and intimately with the LORD during this study. I’ve felt the same tears this week and I think that’s why I crave more of Him and less clutter in my life. God is good.

• Dedie says:

What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )

I drew a heart. The world’s idea of love may not always be faithful but the love of the Lord is. In His love for us there is faithfulness and as His daughters we can trust Him always. There is a sense of peace in knowing that we can always trust in the Lord to hold us up, support us, and strengthen us. We serve a faithful Lord and Savior!!

• Christine Smith says:

The heart reminds me of being a young girl and drawing hearts of love…I see as a Daughter of the King you are reminding us of this today!

• Rhonda Collins says:

Haven’t posted in a while and I just wanted to say I am loving this study. I just wanted to comment on number two. A world without mercy and grace is unfathomable to me. I would not want to live in a world without God. I am fortunate enough to recognize that my life would be nothing without him and am humbled by the very thought Jesus died for me and that God not only allowed this sacrifice, but planned, it JUST FOR ME. Mercy and grace are two separate actions but for Christians, you simply can’t have one without the other. Thank God they are freely available to all who call on the Name of the Lord!

• Linda says:

I drew the sunrise because in Lamentations 3 we are reminded that God’s mercies are new every morning!
    Five words to describe God: faithful, holy, sovereign, my pillar, abounding in love!
    This study has been taking me back to what’s important in life. After only 2 weeks I feel so much more joy and peace, even in the midst of difficult and challenging circumstances. I know God is sovereign and I need to learn to let Him lead.

• Christine Smith says:

I’m enjoying the study too Linda! It’s opened my mind to remember who God is…and my relationship with Him.

1. Five words…..Holy, Holy, Holy, I AM, Mercy, Grace, Awsome, and Love.

2. If there was no Mercy or Grace…..we would all be in trouble……no telling what would happen to all of us…….what we would turn into, or do. Thank the LORD for mercy anf grace.

3. The first thing that popped up in my mind was Beth Moore….so I drew a picture of God standing, and Beth praying to Him on her knees.

4. Just learning the names of God with all of you. Blessings.

• Christine Smith says:

Great image…I remember you just returned from a Beth Moore live event. Keep praying that these are your bent knees…and know you too are worthy to be at the cross, just like Beth. 🙂

• Irmarelie says:

God is LOVE, MERCIFUL, GRACIOUS, WISE, and HOLY!

2. What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?
    I really can’t imagine what would be of us without God’s mercy and grace because we would live without purpose or meaning. Nothing that we do, deserves forgiveness. It is only by His GRACE and MERCY that we can live an abundant life. He gave His only son for us so that we can live purposeful lives!

I drew parents and kids. Kids should be able to come to their parents for anything, at any moment, because they know that their parents are worthy of trust and that they are devoted to their well-being.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    The names that I learned this week for God’s character helped me visualize better His PERFECTION.

El Hakkadosh: He is Holy (PERFECT) to an extraordinary proportion that we can’t really understand. He is set apart from everything that has been created!

Rav-chesed: To be remembered that God has a desire (ahab) to have a personal relationship with me was mind blowing! But most important, His love for me doesn’t depend on how I respond to Him, if I’m aware of Him, or if I search for Him. He is committed (chesed) to loving me no matter what!

Rachum Ve-chanum: WOW! Because of His mercy I am spared from everything bad that I deserved and because of His grace, I receive undeserved good in my life. He gives me abundantly without expecting nothing from me!

Emet Elohim Emet: He is faithful to us.
    *Whatever He said, He will do
    *If He spoke, He will fulfill
    *His mercies are new everyday
    *He has plans for us
    *He guards us from evil

Higdil Tushiyyah: God is perfect in knowledge. He knows every detail of my life! Nothing happens in my life without Him been aware of it, so I’m sure that everything that happens in my life works for my good!
    (Romans 8:28 says “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him”)

• Heather says:

I’m struck anew by how full of passion and feeling God is. Sometimes I downplay God’s love—considering it part of a covenant, something He HAS to do because that’s His character, not something He’s motivated to do based on delight or joy in us. Yet, Isaiah 30:18 says, “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. ” That’s not a passive, stern, unfeeling God; I picture Him standing to His feet when He sees us hurting so that He can care for us in His mercy. It was wonderful to rest in God’s love this past week, remembering the grace, compassion, mercy, and abundant love that He showers on me—on us.

My five words for God? Mighty, Holy, Gracious, Loving, Wise.

• Christine Smith says:

Sometimes we neglect seeing His amazing and awesome love…because we’re so busy or burdened. It’s why He tells us to have no other gods or false idols…so we keep our hearts focused on him. In this modern world its quite easy to remove our eyes.

• Sue Dorsch says:

5 Words – Uncommon, radiant, pure, eternal and Holy, holy, holy. I do think of Him most often as Friend and Comfort but there are those days when the Spirit moves to remind me He is Holy. It is like an electrical shock. What can I do but praise Him!

• Daenel T. says:

1. A. Wisdom
    B. Merciy and grace
    C. Love
    D.
    E.
    Harder than I thought it’d be….

2. I look at the world today and it’s so easy to get caught up in the bad (murder, rape, etc) and overlook the good (life, love, second chances, etc). Without God, none of the good would exist. We would live in a constant state of chaos.

• Christine Smith says:

The exercise is good because it shows which of His characteristics are most important to you. Like you, I’ve been looking at the hardness of the world and seeing the news and it’s never positive. When I keep my heart and attention on the negative I feel like I’m walking with a cloud over my head. I have been praying for the people i see on the news and their families, yet I internalize it at times because I am so compassionate and sensitive. I’ve got to pull myself away from it and fill my mind with joy and peace.

• Barbara says:

–But we can’t live with our “heads in the sand”. The early Christians faced daily persecution and saw it happening in the world. Media and technology causes us to see it more vividly and consistently. I would prefer to escape into my Bible Studies and words of inspiriation – but then I have to face reality of living and working in the midst of bad and negative. Pulling away is hard! The joy and peace are truly a peace that passes all understanding with a determined efford to focus on surrender. All the more need to realize the need for the almighty power of God working in this world.!

• Christine Smith says:

What we feed our brain determines how we’ll live out our day. I’ve found for me personally, it’s healthier to avoid negative news. I’m also probably the only person on the planet who does not watch those crime scene shows on TV! I remember one year when we gave up television for 40 days of fasting. There was a big news story that made history, and we were not exposed to the images- so they did not replay in our minds. We heard about it through KLOVE our Christian radio station, yet they did not dwell on the details and instead asked us to pray. There are ways to stay informed without being exposed to images of violence or feeling like your head is in the sand. each us needs to discover our own comfort level.

1.Faithful, trustworthy. loyal, loving, wise
    2.What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace? What a scary thought! The world is scary now, even with God’s mercy. Without it, we would be hopeless. I don’t even want to think of where I’d be without his mercy and grace.

4.Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.I really enjoyed the whole week. I especially love Psalm 138. To think of His complete and perfect knowledge of me, yet He loves me anyway… Wow!

• Christine Smith says:

A world without mercy and grace is a scary thought!

• Heather says:

Yes, absolutely! I was visiting at the hospital last week and someone said that he didn’t believe in hell. This world was hell enough. I told him that this world is a broken place, but God is still present in it and we still experience His mercy and grace. As bad as it may seem at times, imagine how terrible hell must really be for God to be totally absent!

• bonnie says:

*Think of five words to describe the deity or character of God and post them below. Try to do this without looking in the book or at comments posted by the other women. Do it from your heart.

I AM, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Love, Grace
    ********************************
    * What would the world be like if God lacked mercy or grace?

hell
    *********************************
    * What did you draw in your book to illustrate faithfulness and why? (page 47 )

a Border Collie – we train them and their very core and nature is a living symbol faithfulness and earthly example of good relationship.
    ******************
    *Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.

i’m reminded of the trinity.
    El Hakkadosh and Higdil Tushiyyah, – the Great, the I AM. The all knowing and Holy God to hold in reverence and fear.
    Rav-Chesed and Emet Elohim Emet – the Jesus who is a friend, confidant, comforter
    Rachum Ve-Chanun – the Holy Spirit who comes to me where i am and cradles me in mercy and grace. A faithful helper always trying to guide.

• Renee says:

I am really enjoying this study. God seems so real to me in knowing the names that describe His attributes.

I agree Renee, this study is really good. It draws you to a place of experiencing His realness and His presence daily.

• Jennifer Kerby says:

3. I drew the Sun because it always comes up day after day.
    I love the verse on pg47 “the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
    4. I enjoyed learning that amen means faithful, true, YES. My son asks every night what amen means and now I actually can give him a good definition.