Knowing God by Name Online Bible Study Week 1

Welcome back to womens online bible study as we discuss Knowing God By Name by Mary Kassian. We have more than 200+ women participating in this study. Last week we researched the meaning of our names and shared them with each other. It was a fun discussion as we learned why our parents name us or how we selected names for our own children. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their thoughts by posting a comment.

We’ve just finished reading week one in Knowing God By Name by Mary Kassian. It wasn’t until the final day of reading when the book cover caught my attention. Each time I picked it up I thought “what a strange icon on the book cover.” When I spent more time looking at the details of the cover, I saw how it was designed to resemble a door panel for an apartment building. When you look at the buttons on the door, you realize that you can push one and call upon God. If you look at the chapter pages such as page 10, you’ll see the names you can “push” and He will answer.  The icon on the cover is a speaker from an intercom…a source of two-way-communication!

I’m curious….if you pushed one of the intercom buttons from our lesson this week, which one would you push and why?

• Yahewh
  • Elohim
  • Adonai
  • Rishon Va-Acharon
  • Adonai Yahweh

These are the names of deity and reminders of who God is. On page 14 Mary Kassian writes “The personal name of Yahweh reveals that God is a diving being who is self-existent, self-sufficient, self-directed, eternal and consistent.” I like that God is all of these…because it reminds me I can trust and depend on Him, and I will never be alone in life. He give me comfort and security. I stand on the promises of Adonai

• He looses my bonds.
  • He daily bears my burdens.
  • He is good to me and forgives me.
  • He is merciful and gracious to me.
  • He is abounding in love and faithfulness towards me.
  • He gives strength to me.
  • He accomplishes for me.
  • He is my helper and upholds my life.
  • He makes me glad.

Source: Knowing God By Name, Mary Kassian, page 22

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.

Homework For The Week

• Read Week Two in your book
  • Optional: Join us  on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
  • Check in with your Small Group Leader.

Online Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below

2. How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
  3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
  4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.

Small Group Assignment

1. Write out the promises of Adonai on page 22 in your book. Change “their” and “them” to your name or the name of a prodigal child you are praying for. Be prepared to discuss these promises in your small groups.
  2. Identity a circumstance that seems to be out of control in your life. Which characteristic of God is most helpful to you circumstance- self-existent, self-sufficient, self-directed, eternal and consistent- and why?

Enjoy your week. Take time to praise Him  by name.

UPDATE: Small groups are full. You can still join our study, however the small groups are at capacity. So you’ll be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats

• Carol says:

Adonai Yahweh (Sovereign Lord). It is my reassurance that God is ALWAYS in control of my life even though everything around me says otherwise. For me, the Lord uses nature to teach me his life lessons. The other day when I went hiking I came upon a beautiful, smooth and flat rock where it had been filed down by wind, rain, water, etc. over time, and still intact. It felt good to hold it in my hands. Then I came across another rock that was plain, rough, and flat but with jugged edges. The Lord said, “That is you the rough rock which will be refine over the years through trials, adversity, situations, etc. and in the end you will be this beautiful, smooth rock.

• Ashley Lenox says:

If I pushed one of the buttons, I would push the one titled Adonai. I feel ashamed to admit that I need to be reminded that God is my Master and that I need to follow His will and His commands without question. Too often I try to take the weight of my life on my own shoulders when in reality I need to be fully trusting in God. He knew of mine and my family’s needs before the world was ever formed, and He does have a plan. I need patience to wait for His timing.

• Penny says:

I would push elevator button 5, Adonai Yahweh. It combines Yahweh, which I wanted to punch, and Adonai, which I also wanted to punch. And, it tells me He is Sovereign. And this gives me peace knowing He Is. To me, I AM says it all. I love this. I want God to be by my BFF, so knowing that the Infinite God is living with me and that I can talk to Him all day, every day, for my entire life is more than wonderful. He is Wonderful! I find myself falling in love with Him more and more each passing day. I love this study and learning His just a few of His names.

• Sharon says:

I know this will probably sound funny – but I would push the button “Adonai”. Mary’s story about the obediance of the dog to her neighbour just made me realise something very obvious & something I ‘knew’ by wrote, but not by heart. I realised that like a dog to his master, we are to God. He is my master – & like a dog’s owner in control of how much training the dog gets – our God is in control – He determines what happens in our lives. Its up to us to whether we are going to be an obediant dog or a disobediant one, but ultimatley He controls how much of what lesson we learn at one time.

I don’t know why this whole dog analogy suddenly made this make sense in my life – but it’s given me a peace that He’s got it sussed & even though I may sometimes be that dog that’s not getting the trick, He know’s me, He know’s what I need, when I need it & believes in me to get it right even if it’s not the first time around!

• AdeleAlys Spil says:

The name Rishon Va-Acharon captured my attention and co-opted my imagination all week. God’s ability to taken every minute detail of my past and weave it into the fabric of his plan for me is amazing! It reminds me a bit of Captain Kangaroo’s Magic Drawing Board where the most insignificant squiggle in time becomes a main feature in the picture.

• Tawnya Kraus says:

ADONAI YAHWEH is the name I would choose to call. There are many days that seem chaotic or out of my control and I love being able to rest in the knowledge that God is sovereign and he is good! I’m so thankful I can trust Him & leave my life & my burdens in his care.

• Amy says:

The morning I studied the term, I AM, couldn’t have been better timing. Any issues that seem to come my way (and that day seem to provide plenty), I just kept hearing, “Amy, listen up…I AM….I have got you!”. Every challenge seemed much smaller at that point. My God is self-sufficient, self-existent, self-directed, eternal, and consistent. He can conquer any challenge that comes my way. He is control!

• Lora Mullen says:

My thoughts about the lesson is how amazing and infinite our God is and how amazing that He would choose to save me to spend eternity with Him. What a completely blessed person I am. My heart beats for God, He is my everything. Knowing more of His name’s is such a wonderful thing to learn!

I am loving this study!!!

• Tamera says:

This may seem pretty trivial to all of you but to me it was an awesome thing to understand. I love to “hallelujah” and sing and write down my praises. When we were looking at Yahweh earlier this week, it was a beautiful discovery to me that the word hallelujah is actually hallelu-jah with jah as the abbreviated form of YAHWEH! Since the day I understood that, I have changed how I write hallelu-jah and even how I think about it when I say/sing it! This is going to be an incredible journey. . .

• Megan says:

I think I would choose Adonai Yaweh. That lesson see,Ed to get more personal for me. I felt that even in the midst of struggles, He is in control- not me (praise God,). I’d bungle it up. I get that feeling of being sheltered under His wing…snuggling in closer when I call out to Adonai Yaweh.

Let me start by saying that I LOVE this book so far! God is so amazing. We get so wrapped up in the past and what we’ve done and the future and what we need to do that we rarely enjoy the present, yet that’s where we’ll meet God. In the Here and now… because HE is the I AM. But He also knows about our past and has our future covered. Hard to wrap my mind around that concept. As for the infinite God living in me, WOW! It was my prayer as I pondered on that that I would be a fitting dwelling place. How humble that makes me…

• Jenny Lamkin says:

The button I would push would be Adonai Yahweh. I’m just amazed by the fact that no one can stand against God’s will. That everything we do is ultimately under his control. No matter how I try to gain control I never will because he already has it planned and worked out.

• Linda says:

I would push Adonai Yahweh. So often I have felt that my life was out of control, but I know God has been, and will always be there. It’s only when I try to do things my way that things get all mixed up. I like the statement, “Nothing happens in this universe without His direction or permission.” It’s actually a very freeing feeling to know I’m not in control, but He is!

• Tamera says:

Changing “they” and “them” to my own name has always helped me to personalize the Word. It always hits home harder when I say it out loud using “me”, “I”, and “Tamera” or using my husband’s name or the names of my children when I read scripture that is for them.

• Lynn says:

1. I would push Rishon Va-Acharon. The First and the Last. Even before this study, this has been my favorite way to think of God. The one true constant in my life that will never leave me!
    2. The Lord is “I AM”. YES!!!! He is my everything!
    3. So far I’m really enjoying the study. Very thought provoking and I look forward to each lesson teaching me how to dig a little deeper into scripture.

• Jessica says:

On an intercom, I think that I would push Yahweh. I LOVE this name for God because it seems like there are not strong enough words to use for God and His power and majesty. Yahweh seems like such a strong and powerful name!

• Jennifer Kerby says:

1. I would choose Adonai because when I first read it in the study that song popped in my head… ” Adonai I lift up my hands and I cry, my Adonai” I that is how God make me feel. He is my Master.

• Patricia W. says:

Which intercom button would I push? When I was a little girl, riding in an elevator was something that didn’t happen very often. But…….when it did, I would run in and push every button. I want to push every button right now because I know He will answer me no matter which I push or which name I call out to Him. Yahweh would have to be my favorite name for God. As we read in Lesson 1, “God’s name – I AM – sets Him totally and completely apart.” And as I learned, “Yahweh is the name by which God instructed us to remember Him through all generations.”

Lesson 5 – On page 30, we were asked a question “How do you feel about the idea of everything being under God’s control?” It didn’t take me long to answer that one – I trust Him! So why shouldn’t He be in control.

• Jennifer Kerby says:

I loved your responses. Even though I initially was drawn to Adonai yet after reading your response I want to push all of the buttons too 🙂

• Sheree Poole says:

I agree Jennifer…I love how we can push all God’s buttons. He’s always available to us 🙂

1. I would push ELOHIM, for He is strong and I am not.

2. Knowing that the LORD is “I AM” impacts me by knowing He is in control of everything in the world and cares for all.

3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? I should learn to hold my temper more, not get mad over little things, and remember He sees everything.

Hi Sue Alice, you’re response to question 1 made me think of 1 Chronicles 16:11 “Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.” It’s good to see you here!

• Stephanie says:

1.If you pushed one of the intercom buttons from page 10, which one would you push and why?
    I would push Adonai Yahweh, because I like knowing that He has a plan even when I don’t know what I’m doing. It gives me peace.
    2.How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
    Knowing that the Lord is eternal comforts me to know that I will never be alone. The Lord will always be with me.
    3.How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
    He is AMAZING! He is bigger than I can imagine and everlasting! Knowing all of this truly humbles me.

• Melissa W. says:

I would have to say I would push Adonai! Lord of Lords.

How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
    I didn’t realize the difference between Lord and LORD until doing this study.

How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
    Safe and secure.
    Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    I am really enjoying this study.
    Thanks
    M

• Elizabeth says:

Right now I would push “healer” because my kids have been sick, two of them with significant illness and we pray for God to heal them,,,,, soon
    2.How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
    It gives me hope to be reminded that he is all ………….
    3.How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
    I feel hopeful that he wans to be with little ole me and with my husband and children. It also reminds me to see my husband with God’s eyes when I am frustrated with him
    4.Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    Great lesson, I love the information I am learning, as well as being reminded of just how big my God is!

• b says:

i love, know and understand all the praises you all are giving and i join with you. i don’t doubt ADONAI YAHWEH, but i do doubt myself. Especially right now as i am trying to set up farm and old fashioned quilting sewing bee workshops for Kenyans. Was this really God’s will? i thought i was led. How will this detail work out? How will that detail workout? Who will help? Why is this happening to me now as i work on this? How will i be able to do it all?

B,

Pray daily for strenght from the Lord. See Paslms 70 and 71. I will pray daily for you. Blessing.

• Sheree Poole says:

I would push Elohim, because He is the God of gods and Lord of lords…there is only one God in the whole universe. He is Mighty, Strong and the Prominent One whom I lean on when I am weak….He gives me strength when I need it. He gives me peace when I need it. He lifts me up when I am down. No other god can compare to Him!! No other god is alive and active as my God!! I am so thankful that I have a living God who hears and sees all and answers my prayers.

I’ve always loved 1 Kings 18:20-39, when the prophets of Baal called on their god to get him to act, but Baal did not respond…why not? Because he’s made of wood and cannot hear or see. And when Elijah built an altar and soaked it in water and prayed to Elohim…our book on page 19 said, “the answer was dramatic and complete.” Not only did God answer, He answered in a mighty and powerful way. “The fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and (to top that off) even licked up the water that was in the trench” (1 Kings 18:38)….Yes, yes, yes, that is my Elohim!! 🙂

I love this story too, Sheree. It makes me want to jump up and down and dance and sing praises to the LORD!

• Jayce says:

1. If you pushed one of the intercom buttons from page 10, which one would you push and why? Right now I would call on Rishon Va-Acheron, the First and the Last. I just finished my undergraduate degree and will begin my graduate degree in the fall. It would be comforting to know that I am on the correct path. I always look for His guidance so I am glad to know that He was with me in the beginning and before, that He is with me today, and that He will be with me in the end and after. He is with me always and I am blessed for that.

2. How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 ) The LORD is “I AM,” therefore, He is. He is everywhere and He is always. It is wonderful knowing that He was, He is, and He will be.

3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 ) He knows my past, my present, and my future. I love knowing that He will always be there for me as my LORD, God, and Master.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson. I loved that week’s studies. It is so powerful learning the different names for my Lord God.

• Lakecia Harris says:

the fact that God is the “Great I Am” challenges me to see myself in light of eternity and that his magnitude and magnificence calls for praise and reverence. God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He is my all and all.

• Alicia says:

I would definitely choose Adonai. It’s the one that seems the most interactive to me. I love that it translates to “My Great Master” and it reminds me that He is leading and guiding me as I am trying to follow and obey Him.

I don’t know if I can fully comprehend how “I AM” impacts me… it’s so overwhelming! But in a good way? I think? My head hurts!

Ha ha… my answer for how I feel about the infinite God living with me: it’s incomprehensible. (I’m sensing a theme this week). But that’s the point isn’t it? God is completely beyond our comprehension.

This week’s lesson was great. I learned a lot! I like being able to read scripture and better understand what name of God is used in each instance. It helps the Word come alive in a whole new way for me.

I would push the ADONAI YAHWEH intercom button. With all of the mistakes I’ve made and all of the messes I’ve made of things over the years, knowing that God is sovereign over all and is not caught off guard by my actions brings me great comfort and gives me real hope.

2. How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15)

This fills me with awe and wonder and my immediate response is to praise Him.

3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27)

I am humbled that God would even give me a second thought let alone desire to live with me. I am so grateful that He does live with me and in response I want to please Him in all that I think, say and do.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.

I loved this first week of study. I have learned so much and been drawn into worship and praise each and every day. I’ve been asking God to help me know him better and He has faithfully answered my prayer with this study. He is so good!

• Shukeria says:

1. If you pushed one of the intercom buttons from page 10, which one would you push and why? It would most certainly be Adonai Yahweh because I have always struggled with letting God be in control of my life. I always say and think that “I am going to give it to God” – but then I take my issues back because I think I can fix it or God is not answering me as quickly as I would like. I truly have a new perspective about God’s sovereignty and that I must consult with him on everything because He knows the plans the He has for my life.

This was a wonderful 1st week and I look forward to what I am to learn in the weeks to come.

• Ivonne says:

I would push Father and King because that is the way I like to start my prayers, calling Him my father and my king. Calling Father helps me feel His divine prescience close to me and always taking care of me as her daughter and His majesty assures me He is always right and the things that happen in my path have a purpose.
    I am impacts me in a way to reassure that there is no other like him, He is everything, the creator, the giver, the maker, the savior, the only one, the Holy one, the beginning and the eternity……

• Sally says:

Ok I just got my book today. So I will be playing catch up!! I will be reading last weeks individual lessons and this weeks lessons. Is no problem. If I had to push one of the Buttons for God’s name. It would be Adonai. He is still the same yesterday and forever. I think of the song by Amy Grant that is one of my all time favorites. El Shaddai. Age to age you are still the same. By the power of your Name. That song is just going through my head right now.

• Lisa H says:

I would push Adonai. I believe in the last year of taking care of my ailing mother, God has been showing me that I have a “servants” heart. I have always known “corporate leadership” is not part of my make-up, but being a “servant” was not part of *my* outlook. Adonai, my Great Master is a comfort to me, as He shows me what He wants me to do – for Him.

2. How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
    For this one I will write what I wrote in the book. My first thoughts to this question:
    I AM is every thing. There is no other. Yahweh, may Your name be praised and blessed throughout the world and thru time with no end. All praise and worship fall to You, Yahweh. You are the I AM that covers all. Amen.

3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
    Again, what I wrote in the book:
    I am so small in comparison and so not worthy. BUT I am humbled and grateful for His desire to live within me.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    I Love this study!! Love the “chart” on page 25. This week was a “stretchy” week! Stretching to understand just how big, massive, great, infinite God really is. I think I love the fact that He is limitless. That opens up more room for grace. For there truly is nothing He hasn’t seen, and nothing He hasn’t forgiven.

• Chrissie says:

I would definitely hit the button for Adonai Yahweh. There is a situation in my life that I have no control over, and the outcome is undecided. The outcome could have a very large impact on the direction of my life, and I find the waiting to be very stressful. This was such a huge reminder that God already knows the outcome, that this is not news to Him, and it’s a reminder that I am to trust Him in all things.
    I find it very humbling that God is “I AM” He is the be all, end all. I am finite, and I find myself overwhelmed by even the thought of my infinite God. Everything that is comes from Him, and everything that ever will be. I also feel very insignificant at the thought of Him taking notice of me. But I also feel exceedingly well loved that He does take note of me. I am His creation, and He is mindful of that.
    I really enjoyed this week, learning a lot, refreshing of things forgotten. I love how God reaches out to us where we are. I needed the concepts learned this week reinforced in my mind. I know these things, but I need to read them again and remember to live them.

• Neli says:

3.How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )

It gives me hope for the future. Hope that I can change, that I can be different. And assurance that there is nothing I will ever need apart from Him. Because of who He is I know that I can be satisfied in HIm.

• Monica, NY. says:

That’s the first thing I noticed about the book also. I loved the intercom pic. & knowing that we can call on Him & He always answers.

If I had to push a button today it would be RISHON VA ACHARON(the first & the last)..esp. when my anxieties try to consume me about tomorrow. I loved what she said about God’s perspective of time is so very different than ours. Although He interacts w/ us on a linear day-to-day basis, somehow He also stands above time & is able to see it all as present. God gave me a peace over my worries as I meditated on that beautiful quality about Him!

I’ve also been meditating on His consistency as my Yahweh(LORD)… One verse especially spoke to me as I remembered that God is the ONLY one that doesn’t change. We will all have changes in our lives until we see Him face-to-face. He however remains the same..PTL..yesterday, today, & forever! 🙂
    “They will perish, but you remain. They will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you’ll change them & they will be discarded. But you remain the same & your years will never end.” ~Psalm 102:26-27

• joannna says:

ADONAI YAHWEH is the button I would push. It gives such peace know He is our Sovereign Lord., that He is in control of everything in my life. When a situation comes up in my life I trust the Lord in the outcome . I go to prayer and talk to God. Something may be troubling me before but after spending time talking to the Lord, I find myself in peace. Knowing He has a plan is so confortingfor me.

• Tara says:

1. I think I would choose to push the Rishon Va-Acharon button because it struck me as amazing that although he is bigger and greater than everything else, he still wants to have a relationship with me and chooses to take care of me. That is awe-inspiring to me.
    2. The fact that God is “I AM” impacts me similarly; that he is, whether I believe or not, whether I choose to obey him or not, that there is nothing I can do that could make him anything other than who he is; he IS (as in exists) independent of me but still cares. That is truly amazing to me.
    3. I feel unworthy of having the infinite God living with me; as though I need to do or be more, but I know that it is because of his grace that this exists; that there is nothing I can do or be besides myself, which is what he wants.

• Danielle says:

If I pushed one of the intercom buttons I would push Adonai Yahweh because things have happened in my life that don’t make sense and that hurt. Yet when I look at the sovereignty of God I can know that even though it doesn’t make sense to me, it does to Him and I can rest in that knowledge. He is in control of every aspect of my life.

That the LORD is “I AM” puts life into perspective. It’s not about me, but about Him and my responsibility to worship and obey.

I am humbled and amazed that the infinite God is living within me.

• Irmarelie says:

Hello! My answers for the questions above are:

The button that I think I would push is ADONAI. This name touched me deeply because it reminds me that ADONAI is always with me and for me! He never let’s me go! He’s love for me can’t be measured! He is “My Great Master”.

2. How does the fact that the LORD is “I AM” impact you? (page 15 )
    I AM means for me “THE ONE AND ONLY”. There is no other like Him! This name sets Him apart. This is the name by which we are encouraged to praise, proclaim, exalt, and glorify Yahweh!

3. How do you feel about the infinite God living with you? (page 27 )
    WOW! God RISHON VA-ACHARON is beyond my real understanding! We can’t hide from Him! He is always and forever involved in everything that we do. That’s why I think that we have to remember to try to do what is good, of honor and praise so that His name can be exalted.

4. Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.
    This week has seen a real blessing for me! I’ve learned so much!

One of the names that impacted my life is ELOHIM. To learn that this is an exclusive name for our God, that it indicates that our God is exponentially more God than any other God, and that He is more than all gods put together is incredible! The use of rich words to describe our GOD is so amazing and yet, the truth is that there are no real words to completely describe his AWESOMENESS! !

It gives me peace to know that ADONAI YAHWEH is in control of my life and that His perfect will and purpose for my life is going to be fulfilled no matter what. My life is in His hands!

Have a blessed week!

I’m so excited about continuing learning the different names through which we can communicate with our AWESOME GOD!

• Sandra says:

I woudl push the RISHON VA-ACHARON button. My “wow” moment came as I read “Higher than Highest” on page 26. Seeing myself in light of who He is was sobering, yet exhilerating. That He would choose to give His Holy Spirit to me, “…something so small and insignificant” (Kassian, 27) is mind-boggling, yet fills me with peace, joy, and security. Knowing that He “…dwells in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit,…revives my spirit…and heart” (Isaiah 57:15)

• Esther T says:

This week a friend sent me this verse Zeph 3:17. I think it was interesting that it fit it with my lesson for the week. I love how God uses our friends to encourage us with God’s word.

A button I would push is consistent.

• DaenelT says:

1. If I were to push an intercom name, I’d want to push the first one because that name is powerful, it’s HIS name! But I’m not worthy of the privilege, so I would push the one for “Adonai” to represent our roles- He is my master and I am His servant.

2. I found the I AM portion to be awe inspiring. I just kept thinking of all the adjectives that could be added after “I Am”… Like “I AM everything”, “I AM awesome”…. I AM just says completeness.

3. The thought of Him makes me feel so insignificant. How can someone so great and powerful care about me? It’s like thinking about being able to identify each and every ant by name. Just too much.

• Heather says:

I stood in my worship service at church this week singing my heart out and realized how many of the songs spoke to the name of God, His sovereignty (Adonai Yahweh), and Lordship (Adonai).
    We sang:
    “At Your Name, the mountains shake and crumble
    At Your name, the oceans roll and tumble
    At Your name, angels will bow
    The earth will rejoice, Your people cry out.
    Lord of all the earth we’ll shout Your name, shout Your name
    Filling up the skies with endless praise, endless praise
    YAHWEH, YAHWEH, We love to shout Your name, O Lord”

It was beautiful to sing with more meaning and awareness simply because of the study we’ve been doing this week.

If I were standing at the intercom button today, I might press Adonai Yahweh. It’s scary at times and frustrating at other moments to feel like my life is out of my control, in His hands and dependent on His plans. But, on p. 31 she tells us, “His sovereignty means I can trust Him” and that is indeed the issue. Do I trust Him to direct my life course in the best way?

If I really let it, the thought that God is sovereign can be freeing more than frightening. It means I can’t stumble all over myself and mess up His plans as a result, which is something I’m afraid of doing all the time because of my spiritual clumsiness and uncertainty. I loved the verse, “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted” (Job 42:2) for that very reason.

• Tamera says:

Good morning!
    I would press the Rishon Va-Acharon button most definitely! In our study we were reminded that God is The First and The Last – He is bigger, greater, and beyond EVERYTHING else that exists – He’s infinite. I have needed Him to be exactly that all of my life – especially before I knew Him. Praise Him that He knew me (Jer. 1:5) and His mighty right hand (Ps. 118:16) was on me even then! He had a plan for my life and as many wrenches I tried to throw in it, He was always there protecting and sheltering me! (My middle name means sheltered from the storm LOL).

I AM says it all about my God. He is the One and Only, forever and always, yesterday, today, and tomorrow – my EVERYTHING always. Too know that He is I AM makes me feel safe, secure, protected. I depend on Him for all things and it feels awesome. Sometimes I just have to crawl up on the lap of my Daddy and be still knowing that He is God.

To know the infinite One lives in me is sometimes too amazing to fathom – until I remember the grace He give me.

The study this week has been such a blessing to me. I have read and reread this week’s assignment. One day I was at the dining room table with Jehova and java I got up to throw some laundry in the dryer and when I returned and saw how I had the study book, four translation study Bible and my Bible all spread out on the dining table it brought to mind one of my favorite scriptures in Jeremiah – “Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord God of Hosts.” Jer. 15:16 Waht a wonderful verse for this study to know we are called by His name!

• b says:

Oh this week was one of pressing the Adonai button. i needed both the direction to follow and the loving encouragement of our embracing Adonai.

Thanks to everyone for prayers and sharing the small portion of Adonai in you.