Fingerprints of God Online Bible Study Week 2

Welcome back to womens online bible study as we study Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. What an amazing week of study as we turned the pages of scripture and opened our minds to seeing more of Jesus. Jennifer showed us how we crave God’s touch and look for it in the wrong places. We attempt to fill our empty wells with everything except the LORD. It’s easy to be distracted by the technology in our homes. Life has become more and more convenient and less and less intimate with Jesus.

We looked at our personal wells and longings this week and saw how we thirst for the wrong things. Then we examined truth in scripture and saw how Jesus meets our every need. On page 25 in the workbook I wrote “I know that I have been thirsty for love, which only You provide. I’ve been ignored, neglected, abused and unloved by humans and experienced rejection and humiliation  in human relationships. Yet my Savior waits at the well…ready to share Living Water and quench my thirst for love. He is the source of contentment.” After doing this exercise I realized my thirst can only be quenched by spending more and more time in the Holy Presence of God. This means less time watching the news (a recent habit I’ve created), less time on the Internet and more focus on His love for me. Knowing how much I am loved by Jesus…I crave more and more of Him and less of my false gods- such as food, relationships and technology. My love comes from the LORD alone.

How about you? What did you discover on page 25 in your workbook this week? Post a comment below about what you thirst for and how to quench it. Be specific in your plan.

We also studied this week about how God makes Himself known to us. I would love to sit in a room together and hear your personal experiences with Him. I’ve found His presence in my dreams, though this does not make me prophetic. He simply tells me who and what to pray for, and the dreams are so symbolic and strange that I journal them when I first wake up so I will not forget the details. This week I dreamed about three women who are friends I’ve not seen in several years. It was a beautiful dream about soldiers, guarding gates and walking hallways. About four hours after the dream I saw a Facebook post about one of the women in the dream and learned she was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  I knew God was speaking to me, He was raising an army to tend to her and He was near. In another dream I shared with a friend that I saw a friend of mine named Dick Clark, and my friend replied “we should pray for the salvation of Dick Clark.’ Later in the evening, the real Dick Clark died and we were both awestruck by God’s amazing presence. We were speechless and knew we had been used for the Lord’s purpose in that situation.

Your experience with the LORD will not be the same as mine, because He reveals Himself differently to each of us. A few people have shared with me that they feel His presence in nature and being outdoors. Others have heard Him through music. What matters is that we are LISTENING and LOOKING and WAITING for the Lord. Our hearts and minds must be open to the LIVING God. In the busyness of our day, as we seek false gods and fall to temptations, we’re so busy with “junk” that we miss the incomparable beauty of the LORD beside us. Take time this week and seek Him. Don’t look for Him in visions and dreams….just be still and wait for Him to appear. Quiet your mind, remove your distractions and you will see or hear…if you have the faith to believe.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.

Homework For Next Week

• Read Week Three  in your book.
  • Watch  Video Session Three (optional due to cost) The video answers are in the back of your book in the “leaders guide”
  • Optional: Join us  on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
  • Check in with your Small Group Leader.

Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below

1. What did you discover on page 25 in your workbook this week? What do you thirst for and how will you quench it. Be specific in your plan.
  2. What distractions does Satan use to keep you from seeing God’s work in your life? (page 28 )
  3. Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.
  4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.

• simone says:

1. love,relationship and security
    2. tv internet worries and the presnet trials instead of the future glory

• Carin says:

Seeing God more! Seeking & finding what my (our) purpose on this earth is for. I think we have come to realize what it might be as the enemy has fiercely attacked us in the first stage of this area.

2.What distractions does Satan use to keep you from seeing God’s work in your life? (page 28 ).

Right now we are having issues with genuinely EVIL people. The distractions, threats and harassment have left us always watching our back. Every day I pray for this to go away. It seems to get deeper and deeper and we are not sure where it will lead. This type of distraction does not have us focus on God. We focus on the problem. I know in my heart that God has a plan but hard to get it out of my head since it feels like a daily issue.

3.Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.

I don’t have a specific scripture but I am enamored by the “over 60” verses where Jesus calls himself “I am”. I keep telling myself “fix my spiritual eyes on the face of Jesus”!

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.

Day 2~ I can’t even imagine or fathom what it would be like to have a “Divine Visitation”. It is something that I believe is truly real. I just loaded a sample of Billy Grahams updated version of Angels in my Kindle. I plan on loading the book & reading it as I am so in awe of the reality of this subject.

• Ronda says:

I am running a little bit behind in this study and I am playing catch up:

1.What did you discover on page 25 in your workbook this week? What do you thirst for and how will you quench it. Be specific in your plan. I thirst and long for acceptance and love. I have found that most of my life that I only feel significant or important if I’ve “done a good job”. I find myself overwhelmed with things to do and things to accomplish, I find myself overworked, and overspent trying to please people… just to have someone say… wow you’re doing such a good job. I have made so many wrong choices, major ones, in my life in trying to feel the void of needing to be loved… but, I thank God.. I thank God, I thank God, I thank God.. for showing me, for teaching me that MY SOUL LONGS TO BE FILLED BY HIM! I dont know where to start, to be honest… so I dont have a plan yet, I am just at the point of realization. I just know i need to continue to seek him in the reading of the Word.

2.What distractions does Satan use to keep you from seeing God’s work in your life? (page 28) The need to be in control… i have such a need to know what the next move is going to be, that I never allow room to even see God working in my life. I am so logical in my mind at times, that I could almost talk myself into believing that God exists, but he does not have a Real presensce in my life and everything is trial and error. I am seeking God to reveal himself to me, in a way that there is no way I can deny his workings in my life.
    Please pray for me in this area..

• Sarah says:

I thirst for renewed relationships and healing from childhood abuse and for an unquestionable relationship with God.

My favorite part in week 2 was acknowledging my thirst for an unquestionable relationship with God.

What does Satan do to keep me from seeing God? Being blinded by other culture’s beliefs about what I am passionate about concerning my job. The hate i have for my childhood abuser.

There isn’t a single verse I like more than the other.

• Christine Smith says:

Have you done the Breaking Free study by Beth Moore? It’s a great study about letting go of strongholds of childhood abuse.

• Jennifer D says:

3. Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson. John 15:55 “I am the vine;(A) you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit,(B) because you can do nothing without Me. HCSB
    4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson. Loved the “I am” statements.

• Danielle says:

I thirst for purpose and to be understood. I developed a chronic pain disorder almost a year ago and it completely turned my life upside down. We so often define ourselves by the roles that we play and as I found myself unable to work or be the wife I wanted to be, I’ve had to find my purpose in who God has made me and not what I do. The pain that I deal with on a daily basis can be difficult for others to understand and I’m so thankful that I worship the God who sees me. I continue to be in His word and meditate on His promises, trusting in His love and will for my life.

Distractions that Satan uses are discouragement, worry and feeling guilty when I can’t do things I use to do.

Rev 7:17
    For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

I loved the “I AM” statements.

• AdeleAlys says:

I have spent the better part of my adult life trying to blend in with the crowd which is ironic considering my thirst:to be seen as a person of value and significance.
    Satan has led me down many inappropriate paths in my search. I am reminded of Anne Sexton’s poem called The Lost Ingredient.
    Thankfully, I now quench this thirst with God, and, so my outsides with match my insides, I literally drinking a brand of water called La Croix (The Cross).

• Carolyn says:

I have been thirsty for peace, joy, acceptance and personal success. I have attempted to quench these thirsts on my own and have failed. This exercise was the reminder I needed to rely on Him and offer to Him these thirsts, as only He can sustain me with His living water.

Technology, busy work and pride keep me from seeing God’s work in my life.

Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.
    John 7: 37:38 If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink. He hath believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    I had a personal health scare this week. As I was waiting for an appointment with my doctor, I felt really challenged by the Lord to remain calm and patient. I asked for His help and obvious signs for me to look for so that I would feel His presence. The Lord answered my prayers and worked through the people I’ve encountered this week to bring me peace. Just yesterday morning, I encountered a stranger who looked at me with my two kids and said: “I see a great future with you and those children.” It was such a blessing to hear these words. It gave me the confidence I needed to get through the day until my appointment (which also went well). I feel wrong for craving these outward signs on God’s presence, but am SO appreciative when He sends them!

• Christine Smith says:

Oh wow…I love the story of seeing God during your health scare! Doesn’t He just make you cry tears of joy when you feel His presence so clearly! Again you’ve shown another example of how we need to slow down and listen, to watch with attentive eyes and ears…and He will reveal Himself. So beautiful! Be sure to write these events down when they happen so when the enemy places seeds of doubt during the times the LORD is quiet, you will remember and stand firm in faith and trust. You will go through a dry season when He is quiet…so it helps to have these memories to look back upon for reassurance that He is near.

• Jackie says:

pg 25. Oh God… I know I have been thirsty for …YOU, I want to live each day in union with you to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit in my life. I have spent many years in the Word and in various Bible studies and I have learned alot ABOUT you. But do I know You? Not like this study says that you know me.
    I recognize this thirst can only be quenched by…Spending quality time with you daily;reading, praying and listeningfor your voice. I am pretty good at reading a daily devotion, reading a little scripture and saying a short prayer. But I know I lack waiting to listen to you and I do not take the time to journal, which often reveals so much about you to me. I need to take time daily to listen and journal.

• Christine Smith says:

Wow…you are really connecting with this study and drawing nearer to God. May you continue to thirst for the LIVING water and find it in abundance….the well that never runs dry!

• Erica says:

I thirst for guidance and uncertainty I know that God is the only to help me. I plan to saturate myself in His word and seek Him for everything! Satan distracts me with my day to day duties and tight schedules. Satan distracts me with doubt. When I am led to minister outside of my comfort zone, I begin to doubt myself. My favorite scripture verse was Psalm 42:1-2.

• Lorrie says:

I discovered that I am thirsty for love . I have become distracted searching for and trying to attain a perfect life that I know doesn’t really exist. I am coming to realize that I have that love I crave from God. I also get the love I want from my husband and my mom. I have felt much more at peace since I have started this study and really put more focus on God and giving Him and His word more attention. I am worrying a lot less and am becoming more content. I want to keep delving into the word so that I really know God and feel His presence and love.
    I have been distracted by always worrying about the future and the “what-if” questions. We are at a time of uncertainty of where the future will lead us. I have been so caught up in that , that I haven’t appreciated or savored the present like I need to. There have been some pretty amazing moments that I have skipped over because of my worrying about the future.
    Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.
    Psalm 199:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to the word. What a great reminder for me to stay connected to God and his word so that I can be guided down the path that is right for me.
    Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    Realizing that God touches each of us in a way that is specific and intimate for us. I will not be touched in the same manner as everyone else. We are all unique and God knows that about us.

• Christine Smith says:

I’ve also felt more peace and security since we started this study. I feel closer to God and less desire to seek love or approval from people. God is good.

• Jayce says:

I thirst for understanding. The only way that I can quench this thirst is to seek God because He is the only One that has true understanding. He knows what I need in life and where I need to go, so I need to trust His intimate understanding of me and just let Him guide me.

• Christine Smith says:

There was a time in my life when I literally craved God and He led me to study scripture. I highly, highly (did I say highly…) recommend the Life Application Study Bible Devotional. It really sets the tone for your day and keeps you focused on Jesus.

• Sheree Poole says:

I have never known a pain so deep as when I found out my wonderful husband was cheating on me. We had such a great relationship together, and did everything together, even grocery shopping, and so I was completely dumbfounded when I found out. The pain of rejection is one I hope my children will never experience. Perhaps some of you ladies may know what I’m talking about. I thought my life had come to an end. However, God revealed something to me during this season of my life when I was going through the divorce…He was with me the entire time and since that time I have learned to rely on Him for my every need and He has indeed supplied my every need. I have found out that I do not need an earthly man to satisfy me and make me happy. I have an eternal living God Who satisfies like nothing else can. I have been divorced for 16 years now, and I have no desire to marry again. Maybe that will change in time… I am waiting on the Lord for His timing and if His will is for me to share my the rest of my life with someone again, then so be it. Meanwhile, my thirst is for the one true Living God!! I will never thirst again when I drink the living water He offers “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink” (John 7:37). How do I quench my thirst? By spending time in His Word everyday, attending Church and Bible studies, like this one. I love His Word…His Word is alive and active, and I have a deep joy in my heart that no one can rob me of!!

• Christine Smith says:

I’m sorry you experienced the pain of betrayal and thankful you were refined like Gold when you came through it. Many non believers do not understand that in the midst of our pain we find Jesus waiting with open arms and baskets of love. He is the Living God.

• Carrie S says:

My favorite verse this past week was Jeremiah 15:16 “Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts. This verse just popped out to me and stuck with me.

• Christine Smith says:

When a verse pops out like that, I like to examine it through different translations so I use http://www.Biblegateway.com and dig through the Word. I also like to see the entire chapter before and after the verse too! I think I might just be a “bible nerd!” 🙂

Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16 Amplified

When your words showed up, I ate them— swallowed them whole. What a feast! What delight I took in being yours, O God, God-of-the-Angel-Armies! I never joined the party crowd in their laughter and their fun. Led by you, I went off by myself. Jeremiah 15:16 Message

• Andi B says:

I thirst for acceptance, understanding and unconditional love.
    I suppose I’m taking my first steps in quenching it by doing this study. I don’t believe that this kind of understanding is possible from flawed humans; it’s a kind of love and acceptance that comes from our heavenly Father.

Distractions come from feeling like I should be doing more, and the enemy plagues me with feelings of inadequacy. Also so many regrets… “if you would have done this as a twentysomething…” “if you hadn’t been… (whatever)” He plays on my insecurities and hides God and reality.

Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.
    As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
    My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
    (I’m a sucker for psalms…)

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    The attention to “I AM.”

• Christine Smith says:

I too enjoyed the attention to the “I AM” and the reminder of who God really is. Good study!

• Laverne (Missy) says:

It really is a good study my eyes and heart is wide open….everyday I learn more and more…
        I cannot wait until the next two weeks, class was cancelled due to the NATO summit and Malcolm X birthday so I will be in the chat Monday night…woo-hooo

• Christina Shubert says:

I thirst for completion. I am not sure what this means completely, but it is the only word that closely resembles what I think. I know that I need more than one certain emotion filled. Ultimately, I believe that I need many things so I can reach completion. Emotional, mental completion to eventual spiritual completion? I think this thought may take a year or two (or lifetime) to evolve.

• Christine Smith says:

And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. Col 2:6-10 NLT

• Courtney VanFossen says:

This weeks lesson was quite enlightening. I learned I need to head on over to the closest Jugs-R-Us. I need to let Him take the emptiness (thirst) I have. Only He can give me that nice, cool drink of water.
    I already know how I seek out my longings. I’ve been searching for them for 37 years now. I thrive on perfect performance, not just out of me, but everyone around me. I sacrifice my self and my feelings just so others will be protected, without protecting my self. I also try to please everyone at any cost, and not even worry about who I really should be pleasing. I learned to hide and cover my pain at an early age, I’m an Army brat. I still do, and then it just keeps building and building and all that pain turns into resentment and anger. I also am a great person to hide, I hide everything, from my true and honest feelings, to my innermost dreams and goals, my fears, and what pleases me. I know this is all the search for love, affection, and just plain recognition for who I am and what I do. This is part of the game I learned at an early age to play, please the person who you are with at that moment. It’s the game I like to call “the many masks” game. You do this so no one can see the real you and you adapt your style to fit that person’s needs. I am doing this with my husband, my children, and so many more, but now I know who I should be seeking this from first and foremost.
    My distractions are plentiful. They are just time constraints I place upon myself (part of the perfection) just throwing myself into something and then walking away from it before I can finish it, I am so good at procrastination, I learned how to worry about it two days from today. Gossip (which I know is the work of the Devil), I love to check Facebook and play their games, idleness, and doubting. I know one thing I can get rid of that could solve most of those problems……
    My favorite scripture of this week (and one of my all time favorites) is Revelation 1:8. My favorite moment was day 3’s lessons. I love reading scripture out of order because I think we can find many different meanings to what we are searching for at that time.

• Christine Smith says:

I hope you realize this is a no-shame zone and you’ll never need to hide your feelings at the Womens Bible Cafe! we love and respect you as God created you. Have you read the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver? It’s excellent!

• Anne Maxwell says:

I learnt I thirst for acceptance. I have realized in my walk with Jesus that He is the only one that can fill that void. I loved the picture of the jug with holes in it and how we need to be diligent in spending time with God.
    Distractions from Satan – busyness of life and the lies he says about being not good enough and doubt that I cannot do what God has called me to do.
    My favorite scripture is John 7:37-38 If ANYONE is thirsty let him come and drink. Whoever believes…. Streams of living water will flow from within Him.
    I loved the concept at the end when we seek Him God is the one who initiates being found.

• Christine Smith says:

I really connected with the jug and holes too! We need to be proactive in reaching for Jesus as we thirst.

• Shannon Tomlin says:

Satan is always there doing things that cause us to question our selves. I experienced this this week when my 17 year old son was apprehended for shop lifting. I was devasted and question myself as a mother and a role modle for children. I work teaching preschool and then I am in charge of the childrens ministries at our church. I found myself questioning if I was a good role modle. I wondered that if my son was shop lifting maybe I was doing something wrong. In actuality this is a lie from Satan. God has given me a gift of working with children and helping them to succeed in life. What my son did was not because I was a bad role modle but it was because my son was looking and following other role modles in his life. It was a lesson that my son was having to learn and in the process I have learned to. God is in control and he has made us in his image and knowing that I know in my heart that the gift I have been given is from God and I can use it to help my son learn this lesson that he needed to learn as well as helping others.

• Christine Smith says:

You are wise in your ability to recognize the lie from Satan. Truth is, you are a good mom and your son makes his own choices. You’re allowing him to learn consequences when he pushes his limits…similar to what the LORD does with His children.

1. My page 25 is I thrist for more of God and learning, His living Water, and love,

2. Daily routine…… TV, computer, looking afer ill husband……than study, prayer, and spending time with the Lord.

3. Psalm 42:1-2 1. As a deer longs for streams of water, So I long for God. 2. I thirst for the living God, When can I come and appear before God? HCSB

4. Sharing with all of you. Blessings.

• Christine Smith says:

I like the image of the deer 🙂

• Laverne (Missy) says:

@ Sue Alice – I like that scripture you shared Psalm 42:1-2. Normally I don’t read the Psalms but this year I’m using Psalm for my devotion time and I’m finding some really good stuff to use in my prayers…I love it.

I feel like David “As a deer pants for streams of water, so I long for God. Ohh weee I like it thanks for sharing.

• Sharon Lewis says:

This week was very eye opening for me. I have a great relationship with God, but I discovered some major holes due to trying to fill my emotional needs with temporary fixes rather than allowing God to complete me. I have struggled this past year to find importance and self-worth since this is the first year I haven’t been teaching in several years. I have struggled to fill my days with activities that make me feel valuable and worthwhile, that will cause others to affirm my value as a person. I have also experienced times of terrible lonliness, rejection, and verbal abuse that has left me longing for acceptance and love. To fill that void, or rather to numb the pain of it, I have turned to the god of food. I can tell you that it has never met my needs; it only makes things worse.

Although I knew that I was trying to fill the voids in my life with only temporary fixes, and I also knew that God is the only one who can provide lasting satisfaction, I still mindlessly turned to those “shallow wells.” This week’s study opened my eyes like never before, and I began seeing God’s touch in my life in a new way. He really is the only one who can satisfy those deep longings of our hearts. I have found the love, acceptance, self-worth, affirmation, etc. that I was looking for by spending time in God’s presence.

Here is what has been working for me this week. I go to Spotify and turn on a playlist of some of my favorite worship leaders and just meditate on God’s goodness before I begin drinking in His Word. I have also found His peace by walking through some beautiful places outside around my home. I personally feel His presence through nature. He gives me peace and reveals Himself to me. I have also set firm limits on the frutiless activities I had been pursuing in order to have more time with God.

On p. 28, where we described the distractions that Satan uses to keeps me from clearly seeing God’s work in my life, I had quite a list. It’s funny that busyness and boredom were both on the list! I have allowed feelings of insecurity, criticism, unforgiveness, anger, hurt, lazy habits, a full schedule, and even Facebook to distract me. It seeems that everytime I was gaining ground, something would come to set me back emotionally, especially teenage daughter issues. I suppose that has been good training to learn to turn to God rather than the old familiar stand-byes.

I think my favorite part of this past week has been to read all the “I am’s” of Jesus. It is so awesome that no matter what the need is in our lives, Jesus is the “I am” to satisfy that need. He is everything we need.

The verse that really spoke to me this week is Zephaniah 3:17, “… He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” I had a very difficult circumstance this week that had my heart troubled, and this verse calmed me and helped me experience God’s peace.

• Christine Smith says:

Your story is similar to mine and I also turned to emotional eating. As I aged (I’ll be 50 next year) the effects of overeating are causing some health issues I don’t want to face and know I can control if now I am careful. So I made a decision last week to be accountable to my eating and I joined Weight Watchers. I’ve failed all the quick-fix diets because once my emotions overwhelmed me, I was craving food (not God) again and eating away my pain. Start to recognize your food triggers- such as boredom, anger, hurt emotions, lovelessness- and then have a plan of something healthy to do instead, such as prayer or walking outside where there is no food available. As I mentioned in the post, I had to turn off the news because it was feeding anxiety and fear, and making me feel depressed. I saw myself focusing on the innocent lives destroyed by violent people, and it broke my heart. So I started my week without the local news, I unsubscribed to the news feeds by email and I’m turning my heart to God where it belongs. He feeds me. We have the choice to change our lives with the help of the LORD.

• Sunny Girl says:

Humans are independent creatures, we strive to take care of ourselves and I think as women who have a heart of God we forget sometimes to ask God for His help.. In everything He really does care about the little things, like losing weight.. After i participated in the “Breaking Free” bible study. I started praying everyone morning before i wake up. “Lord please guide me through this day, cuz I can’t get through it without You”. I have experienced such a difference in my life. God wants us to need Him, He gives us a free choice, so every day i invited Him into my life. This is were the peace came from that i was talking about… God has been revealing more of His truth to me. When satan comes in and tries to trip me up all of a sudden i hear the Holy Spirit correct my thinking, its amazing…. It’s all about choice.. every day.. try this Christian,

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Christine I LOVE the Chirst in you, all that you are doing here and the gazillion of us who are reviving our relationships with Chirst, who are just discovering a relationship with Christ and for some who realize a relationship with Christ is theirs…Being used by God like that is wonderful…but what’s even moreso is the fact that you recognize it as such. I’m really enjoying seeing the Holy Spirit in my everyday normal activities of life, birds chirping, paper flying across my path to bring my attention to something? and a subtle push when I’m losing focus.

I’m purposefully STALKING you Lord…..and I thiank you for stalking me.

Christine….your page 25 discovery ALMOST brought tears to my eyes (don’t do that…smile) simply beuatiful… Anyway my prayer from page 25 …
    I know I have been thirsty for a long time and now it seems through bible study and getting to know you my thirst is getting quenched. I thank you for living water, I know I don’t have to be perfect anymore, I understand my faults are small blemishes that you are not keeping track of.
    I have felt unappreciated by man but valued by you and I need your help Lord in remembering that reality…
    I will purposefully carve out time for you and daily before I drink life on this side I will be sure to nibble on your Word, to keep me focused. (Help me be successful Holy Spirit..I need you)
    Holy Spirit do you will..Father thank you for FRESH living water….keep me focused.

• Christine Smith says:

Thank you. I realize that I need to be transparent and real in order for others to see Jesus in me. So I share my heart in bible study as I would do if I were sitting in a room with you face to face. I don’t share so people will agree or disagree with me, I share so they might see glimpses of Christ in me. We don’t need to be perfect Christians….we need to be authentic Christians and speak when led by the Spirit.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Cor 12:9 NIV

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Absolutely Christine, spirit knows spirit and I truly connect with the Christ in you.

Sometimes during the study I get lost and cannot figure out what the question is asking. Normally I get frustrated and quit, during lesson one and two this happened to me, BUT I did something different.

I read the instructions again and still no lights came on, so I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to give me what I need to get through it. Give me wisdom to finish, after my prayer I walked away. I tell you when I came back a few hours later, I prayed again and i was rocking and rolling….I love the Lord..he heard my cry!!!

• Christine Smith says:

What the LORD shows you is that you CANNOT make decisions without Him. So He teaches you to call out to Him, even in sometime as simple as reading a bible study lesson. He is teaching you His language, revealing His presence and slowing you down to hear and see Him. Sounds like He has something planned for you on the road ahead…how wonderful is the LORD!

• Connie - Arkansas says:

1. My thirst is for time with the Lord, to feel His touch, to have His Word speak to me & walk in His joy.
    This can only come through continuing to fight the battle of the distractions to Spend the time with Him daily – making Him my 1st priority of my day.
    2. Daily routine, TV, discontentment, disgruntled people-family, friends & the public I serve on my job.
    3. Hosea 13:6 – This verse really hit home with me. The Lord has brought such an awareness to me over the past year about why He prospers us, and how I have been as guilty as many others of leaving my first love when all is going well.
    4. Years ago the Lord healed me of depression & birthed a ministry of encouragement in me as part of the ongoing healing. I have found that when I am walking close to Him – encouragement happens, and when I allow the enemy to rob me through the distractions of life or discontentment (which have really happened in the past months), I’m not encouraging to Anyone! I loved Jennifer’s prayer suggestion to ask God to reveal Himself over the next three days (Pg 28 of workbook) in the ordinary routine of our lives. And in praying that & Expecting God to touch me, her Touchpoint on Pg 36 of the workbook gave me a prayer of Show me Lord who needs Your touch today? And He Always Does!!!

• Christine Smith says:

Keep a constant awareness of God in your life and you will see Him…it might be in the people you meet, in your surroundings or in other ways. Journal what you see, even if it does not make sense at the time. You’ll learn the language of hos God speaks to you personally.

• bonnie says:

* What did you discover on page 25 in your workbook this week? What you thirst for and how will you quench it. Be specific in your plan.
    Like the sturdy Cedar in Lebanon i had felt firmly grounded by a stream for years, but now feel uprooted and tossed about as easily and carelessly as the tornadoes whirl in my new home state. A recent move, strained family, job change, loss of friends, loss of Christian fellowship, and an undertaking in an uncertain missionary project has left me feeling alone and scared.

i search for the peace promised beyond all understanding. i must remind myself that God is there and i must continue to pray and seek; even though i don’t feel supported.
    ***************
    *What distractions does Satan use to keep you from seeing God’s work in your life? (page 28 )
    doubt, fear, isolation, business, work, relationships
    ***************
    *Share your favorite scripture verse from this week’s lesson.
    Was not scripture, but the poem – “Abide with me, fast fall the eventide;
    The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide!
    When other helpers fail and comforts flee;
    Help of the helpless, O abide with me…
    ********************
    * Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    Sharing with you

• Christine Smith says:

Allow others to pray for you also Bonnie. As you thirst for fellowship, may the LORD bring friends into your view and build strong connections in your new community.

• Sunny Girl says:

What I thirst for, Truth, guidance, acceptance and unconditional love. I will seek God’s word for only He is able to quench the thirsty and seeking heart.
    What does satan use to distract me – doubt, noise, fear, people, drama, pride (ego), busyness
    Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.. Praise His glorious name..
    I was struggling with a situation in my life and seeking God for answers. Then all of a sudden it was like a light came on… The word “peace” came to my mind and i realized i was robbed of my peace because fear had replaced it. Once i saw this I knew that it was a lie, i had to start seeing God’s truth in the situation and take a leap of faith knowing God is in control. Once I took that leap, my peace came back . Praise God!

• Christine Smith says:

I love that He brought peace into your life…the name “Sunny Girl” is very fitting for that!