Fingerprints of God Online Bible Study Week 1

Welcome to womens online bible study as we study Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. We have more than 200+ women participating in this study. Last week we asked you to share your creative interests and saw a variety of talents. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their thoughts by posting a comment. I especially enjoyed reading what you’d create from modeling clay as you shared your personal stories.

We’ve just finished reading week one in Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. By the time you finished this week’s lesson, you realized that God did not just create an ordinary woman…He created a Princess in His image. You were handcrafted and uniquely designed. He crowned you with glory and honor ( Psalm 8:3-4 ) and you are His crowning jewel. What you see in the mirror is not what God sees in His heart.

As women we tend to see our brokenness and dwell upon it. On page 12-13 in the book Jennifer writes a beautiful summary of the value God places on us.  He doesn’t see a broken vessel…the Lord sees His daughter when He looks upon you. He treasures you. “You are the reason God established and kept His covenant. You are the reason He grew a tree that became a cross,” writes Jennifer Rothschild.

You are not hidden from God.

Does your image reflect God…or does it reflect brokenness?

Do you wear a princess crown…or a victim crown?

Are you shining His light…or your own darkness?

It’s time to look into the mirror and see what God sees when He looks at you. You are loved, you are special, you are important to God. You are NOT broken. You are valuable to God.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.

Homework For Next Week

• Read Week Two  in your book.
  • Watch  Video Session Two (optional due to cost) The video answers are in the back of your book in the “leaders guide”
  • Optional: Join us  on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
  • Check in with your Small Group Leader.

Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below

1. Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
  3. If you wore a crown, what would it look like? Be creative…you ladies are very good at this!
  4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.

Small Group Discussion

Finish these three sentences. Be prepared to discuss them with your small group this week.

• I feel valuable to God when….
  • I feel noticed by God when…
  • I feel God’s touch when…..

UPDATE: Small groups are full. You can still join our study, however the small groups are at capacity. So you’ll be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats

• Felicia Oropeza says:

God makes me a princess of power!

• simone says:

1. yes i accept that i am a princess and heiress.why because the price that Jesus paid for me how can i not?
    2. i am created in his workmanship in christ Jesus
    3. Finest god with beautiful jewels all around because i am a princess.
    4. just the above it just came to me as i was writing aobut the crown that i am princess a kings daughter not just the words but its the truth. no need for me to feel unvalued, insecure and not worthy i belong to a king. not only did salvation buy me eternal life but it bought me into ownership and to have a father as king. i am worthy because i am a kings kid:):)

• Carin says:

Hi~ I am sneaking in!

Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    Yes, I do. However, sometimes I struggle with the concept.
    I know Christ died for me but programming my mind to think that I am a princess is sometimes hard to fathom.

Psalms 139:10
    Your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.

God has me in an interesting and difficult season. This lesson is a good reminder that God has a plan for me and I am valued. Wherever he has me he will guide me and hold me at the same time. I have to be reminded that I have to stop giving Satan the title and nothing will harm me!

• Jennifer D says:

2 Timothy 2:19 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
    19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, having this inscription:
    The Lord knows those who are His, and
    Everyone who names the name of the Lord
    must turn away from unrighteousness.
    4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson. Page 22 the poem. In addition, the touchstone on page 23.

• Lane says:

I do believe i am a daughter in the Kingdom of God and that one day i will have a crown in heaven. At this point, i feel my crown is very simple, and i pray that i will remove some strongholds i am struggling with so that i can be more of a servant for God’s kingdom here on Earth.
    One verse that reminds me of my value to God:
    Psalm 139:
    You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when i sit and when i rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you, Lord, know it completely.

I loved how in this first chapter the author brings the point up that God created everything by His word, except for us- creating us with His hand.

• AdeleAlys Spil says:

1) I feel princess-like in only one aspect: that the Holy Spirit lives inside me and “convicts” me when I do wrong or fail to do right. Even thru myriads of mattresses (read worldly wisdom, justifications, addictive behaviors), I can still feel a pea-sized sin.

• Sheree Poole says:

1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    This past weekend I attended the “Women of Joy” conference in Myrtle Beach, SC. One of the speakers, Sheri Rose Shepherd, talks a lot about how we are princesses of God. She has written books about love letters from God, taken from God’s Word of course. And she also had beautiful Bibles with a picture of a beautiful crown and “My Beautiful Princess” written underneath on the cover of the Bible. She also had rings that were shaped like a crown. Needless to say, I wore a “Princess” crown ring the whole weekend as a reminder that I am His Princess. It was an incredible weekend!!

What really spoke to me about how God values me was in Day One of this week when God spoke the world into existence, but when he created us, He used His hands. It made me think how valuable something is to us whenever we use our hands to make it. It takes time and effort to create something with our hands, and when we see the finished product, it becomes very valuable. How awesome that God created us using His hands (Genesis 2:21-22). AWESOME!!

My crown would be layered with all the jewels mentioned in Revelation 21:18-20 (gold, sapphires, emeralds, topaz, amethyst, etc. and accented in pearls for purity and forgiveness of sins. In the middle of these precious jewels will be a ruby, fashioned in the shape of a Cross to remind me that Jesus shed His blood for me on the Cross so I am forgiven, washed clean and spotless from sins, so that I could be in Heaven wearing my Princess crown.

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    My awww moment goes back to question 1, when the realization that God fashioned me using His hands. As many times as I have read that passage, I didn’t really think about how valuable we must be since He used His own hands to create us.

• Sheree Poole says:

I meant to include another favorite part this week was page 12-13 how Jennifer shows us through every book of the Bible, God’s value that He places on us. The Bible is truly God’s love letter to us!! How I love His Word!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Christine Smith says:

I’ve seen Sherri Rose Shepherd speak and she’s really inspiring. How wonderful to be learning about being an Princess and then have it reinforced at the event!

• Jackie says:

1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not? Heiress yes, Princess no. Always believed in my heart that Heaven is for believers, and I will be there someday. Honestly, never felt worthy enough to be his princess. This study is helping me to accept this.
    2.Share a scripture verse to remind you of your value to God. It can be from this week’s lesson or one you discover on your own. Ps 145:18 the lord is near to all who call on him…I call on him constantly.
    3.If you wore a crown, what would it look like? Be creative…you ladies are very good at this! I nave never been into fashion statements, glitz or glamor. I would prefer something that would represent Gods creation, from nature. It could be evergreen branches,and beautiful fragrant flowers. Something like that.
    4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson
    I was fascinated by the paraphrasing of the books of the bible.

• Andi B says:

Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    It truly depends on the day. More often than not, I accept my special place in God’s home… especially when I look at my little Cara. I am amazed that God sees me this way, and ever grateful.
    I would say that the times when I have a hard time accepting it are the times when I am being tried… when I am faced with physical limitations, relationship difficulties or emotional pain.But I usually can handle these difficulties by reading devotions or listening to good music (Christian or secular.)

I’m so new at this and need to memorize more…
    Psalms 8:4-6 “What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? 5- For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

It would be more a tiara than a crown…something thin and silvery with small precious stones embedded around it and words of faith inscribed onto it,

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    Recognizing that I already have all things, through God, that I could want… I just need to accept His amazing gift.

• Connie - Arkansas says:

I do accept that I am a princess and heiress, but sometimes I don’t act with the dignity and grace that I should.
    My crown wouldn’t be too delicate or too heavy, but would be a ‘one of a kind’. The crown would be a tree, with the root system spreading across the bottom, the trunk going up as the center and the branches spreading out to each side. Rubies would be connected to the roots to remind me that I am a princess because of the blood of my Savior. The other stones representing the fruit would be various depths of blues & greens because those are my favorite colors. This may seem strange, but the Lord has shown me that my life in Him is represented by a tree – His seed was planted in me as a child and I am to be His tree of righteousness – His planting for His glorification. Isaiah 61:3

I loved what Jennifer wrote about each book of the Bible!! I also loved the scripture in Genesis where Hagar proclaimed to God “You are the God who sees” – I don’t know that I ever noticed that before, and had a wonderful revelation of God through it this week.

• Sunny Girl says:

I feel valuable to God when I am obedient.
    I feel noticed by God when I feel at peace within myself.
    I feel God’s touch when the hurt in my heart starts too surface again and then I feel His loving arms wrap around me, It’s God saying….. I know the plans i have for you, they are not to harm you. Place your trust in Me..

• Sarah says:

Not a princess but a daughter and sister of Christ. i don’t feel worthy to be considered a princess because of the brokenness in my heart and the hate I have for myself and towads my brother.

My verse is Psalm 121: I lift my eys to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord. The maker of heaven and earth. My other favorite is: you are wonderfully made in Christ’s image.

My crown would be tarnished and crooked with maye a few slightly shiny stones.

I really liked how Julia went though each book of the Bible.

• Tiffany W. says:

I understand that I am a princess, an heiress to the Kingdom of God. However, sometimes I associate this concept with arrogance and selfishness. I have a worldly concept of what a princess is, not a heavenly concept. This prevents me from fully living like God intends for me to live.

One image that reminds me of my value to God is one of a father and his daughter…fathers (and mothers) raise their daughters to be women; they correct them when they’re doing wrong because they know that they are made for more, and they love them enough to teach them the right way to live. My pastor showed a slideshow one morning of pictures of dads with their sons and daughters–it was a really powerful display of God’s love, and it helped me to see God in a new way. I felt closer to him. I know how much my dad loves me and my sister, so how much more does God love us!

A favorite moment from this week’s lesson was reading Jennifer’s comment that our honor does not come from what we do or other people’s opinions. God really spoke to me, and I read that sentence over and over again.

• Letty says:

I am an heiress and feel like a princess almost always. I am GOD’s workmanship, not my own, and I am very aware of that. Sometimes I will say or do something unbecoming of one of God’s kids & it might take a minute but I’ll get my bearings back & with God’s grace can regain my confidence & composure. If I wore a crown it would be a little bit Miss America but not too tall. My favorite moment from this week’s lesson was from Jennifer’s video. The realization that we are honored by God’s touch, His gaze & His sword. I’ve never felt so empowered! I did miss the FB discussion because my DSL connection went down at 8:58pm eastern time last night. When I called my provider was advised they needed to perform “emergency maintenance” on the server. I believe the devil knows this princess carries a sword! 🙂

1. I try and accept that I am a Princess and Heiress of God, but in my heart I feel as I am not really. For I am stumbleing and not staying on my feet very well. So my crown falls off more than it should.

2. I have been thinking on this and asked the Lord to help……He directed me to Psalm 70 and 71, for I think that is were I am right now…. not sure were I am standing with Him.

3. My crown would just be plain old tranished sliver…with a lot of dends in it….no jewels, and no color.

• Danielle says:

I accept that I’m a princess because my Father’s the king, but I don’t always feel like one.

A verse that reminds me of my value to God is Zephaniah 3:17: “The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” I love to sing so this verse has always been special to me.

If I wore a crown, it would be a simple tiara that was silver and had purple jewels. Purple’s my favorite color!

I loved where Jennifer went through every book of the bible and showed how God loved and honored us.

• Carolyn says:

Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    In my head, I do accept this principle it’s the putting it into action that’s a challenge. Since I’ve gotten serious in my walk with the Lord over the past year I have gained confidence in the knowledge that Christ is working through me and that all things are possible through him. Yet, I have miles to go. I’m not sure that I’ll ever behave as an heiress should, but I will continue to strive to each day as I grow in His word.

2 Peter 18: “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”

It would be made from nature’s bounty; made from twigs, grass, and wildflowers.

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    Coming to the realization and understanding that all God has created has a purpose.

• I became a princess at the age of four when a neighbor showed me Jesus standing at the door and inviting me in. I am blessed that He chose me for reasons I may only know when I get to heaven.
    1 Peter 2:9 “But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” There is a condition to being in this royal Priesthood……so that you may proclaim his excellencies!
    My crown would be made of silver (here on earth) but turn to gold when I get to heaven. It will be a little big for my head, because I still have more spiritual growing to do. There is a little tarnish on my crown because I certainly am not perfect. There will be a beautiful purple amethyst in the middle because that is my birthstone. I am grateful that He chose to give me life! Around the sides of the crown will be multi-colored gems because God has certainly given me a diverse life. On both sides of the amethyst will be lovely pink pearls to represent my fight with breast cancer.
    Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson. I was thrilled with the synopsis (P 12) from Genesis to Revelation. I want to keep that in my Bible

• Carrie S says:

Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    I do accept this. I guess I just don’t know how to live my life as a princess fully. I don’t imagine princess’s stumbling as they walk. And I think I stumble a lot, and I need to learn to be more graceful and move on and leave the stumbles behind.

• Monica B says:

Hello,

1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    I do accept it. The key here is to apply it in my life despite past experiences that I have encountered in my life. Through my continued studying, I will be able to do that. Thanks.

Monica B.

• b says:

Has God revealed Himself to any of you yet? (bottom of page 28)

• Wela says:

Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    Yes i do! Because it is clearly written in His words. It may take time to condition myself about this truth but I know I will learn to embrace it and soon enough I’m going to live with it. Praise God! =)

John 3:16 ESV – “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
    Romans 5:8 ESV – “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ”

If I wore a crown, I want it to look simple and reflects how blessed I am to be called a daughter of God. It would be something that I will wear for God alone.

Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    It was when God made me realize how precious I am to him, that I should bear the light of God in my life, and that I should never let the devil steal away the crown that God has given me.

• Jayce says:

1. Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not? I love the idea that I am God’s Princess. However, sometimes it is hard to believe that he would choose me when I don’t always feel worthy. He loves me as His daughter so I need to embrace the fact that His Heiress.

2. Share a scripture verse to remind you of your value to God. It can be from this week’s lesson or one you discover on your own. “My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.” (Psalm 62:7)

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson. I absolutely loved the list of the books of the Bible with the ways that God values us in each one. It was so powerful knowing that He honors me in so many ways, giving me His love.

• Carrie says:

After doing a bible study this winter (Beth Moore’s Esther) we really discussed this same topic a lot. So now i do wear a crown everyday, it’s a small one that a got years ago at a christian book store, that i wear on a chain. It really does help me to remember that i am a princess. I am really enjoying this study so far i hope everyone else is also.

• Renee says:

3. I think my crown might be quite the spectical!! I’ve had so many bumps and knock downs I’m thinking I need a crown and a garland of roses!! 🙂

I not only joined a church this week, but signed up for a ministry. I have been bombarded with hit after hit from the enemy. I must be doing something right.

• 1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    I have a hard time accepting that I am a Princess. A lot of the time I feel that I am not worthy for such a lofty title. But, I guess that’s the point. None of us are. God loves us so much and he created us to be royalty in his sight. I need to embrace being his Princess. It reminds me of the video where Jennifer tells the story of Anya. Anya says she is beautiful because her father tells her so. Our Heavenly Father made us royalty and I need to accept it because he says it’s so.

This week 2 Peter 3:9 really touched me. It says:
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
    This showed me how much he loves all of us. He is not wanting to catch us sinning, but has patience with us as we are learning. He wants us to repent and turn to Him!

I would weat a very simple crown. It would be simple to remind me to take pleasure in the simple things in life. It would serve as a reminder that I am royalty to God, but would help me to stay grounded.

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    The realization that God made us with his hands, while he made everything else with his voice was so powerful to me. We mean so much that he molded us with his fingers. his fingerprints are really on us and have been since the first man. That thought is so awsome!

• Melissa says:

Group Discussion-

1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
    I think some days I do some days I do not – I do think it is human nature to question things and as a woman I know I often have days where my self esteem is less than stellar but the older I get and the more I realize what truly matters the closer I am in my relationship with my faith and God so the days I feel worthy of Him are definitely more often than ever before.

James 1:17 – Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
    I love this verse as it reminds me to be thankful of my 2 children, even when I’m exhausted because the baby woke up often – he is a gift from above and I am so blessed!

I honestly have no idea – I have literally never thought about this. I guess something beautiful but not necessarily sparkly or jeweled, just a vision of a beautiful representation. Although some bling might be nice!

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
    I liked reading the replies from others and seeing how others interpreted the same readings. I love that 10 people can read the same exact thing and have at least 10 different views and opinions – I think I learn the most from others who think differently than I do – it makes me question things and learn more than just agreeing with someone.

Small Group Discussion

■I feel valuable to God when….I remind myself I was worthy in His eyes, He saved me for a reason and I must live up to what He has in mind for me.
    ■I feel noticed by God when…I realize how amazingly blessed I am to have healthy kids and a happy life! He hasn’t forgotten me and I know He is by my side!
    ■I feel God’s touch when…..I am sad and realize that I am never alone, He is always with me – it is almost like I can physically feel the reassuring arms of God around me. That is my favorite moment!

• Laverne (Missy) says:

1.Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?

I do accept that I am, I use to think my confidence was a bad thing but I do know who I am in Christ, and I no longer have shame! I proclaim it as BOLD as a lion and I wear my crown in the same way.

The verse that stuck out to me this week which is one I will meditate on can be found in 1 Peter 2:9,
    I am a choosen woman, from a royal priesthood, a Holy nation. (Laverne version) that says quite a bit about who and whose I am

My crown would be ameythist, purple with streaks of gold, it would wrap around my head in layers, accenting a different color of the three on each layer. At the very top would be a small ruler hanging in the middle to remind me of Psalm 8;6. So when I have doubts, or my faith waivers I will feel the jewelry ruler tickling my forehead and will shout get behind me…

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson – my favorite moment from this week lesson was reviewing last week and moving onto page 25 and looking inside me with the “longing” questions.

Please disregard my email I see what we are doing now in our small groups – thanks for this.
    Small Group Discussion

I’m feeling RENEWED thank you Holy Spirit for your work in Christine.

• Anne Maxwell says:

I am seen by God

My salvation and my honour depend on God. He is my mighty rock my refuge
    Psalm 62:7

• Sharon Lewis says:

I am amazed at how much most women seem to struggle with self worth. No matter how well we understand what Scripture has to say about our worth, we all still need to continually renew our minds and meditate often on what God’s Word says about us. We are constantly bombarded by thoughts or situations in this life that can so easily tear down all that the Holy Spirit has built up in us if we don’t stay alert and be ready at all times to combat all the negative with the truth found in Scripture.

That is where I am personally. I know with all my heart that I am truly a princess and an heir with Jesus, yet I continue to struggle more than I should with feelings of inadequacy. I have many times laid down my crown and put on an ugly hat instead. My husband and I are associate pastors in our church, and I have had ample opportunities to teach this very same concept so many times to our ladies and to our youth, and at the same time I have a neverending internal struggle with this area myself. My teenage daughter is at a stage in which she can make me feel that everything I say and do is the wrong thing, and I can beat myself up over it. However, that shows the power of God’s Word. I am always renewed and refreshed by spending time reading and meditating on it. His truth always prevails, and I am reminded once again that I really am the princess He created me to be.

There are plenty of verses that speak to me about how God sees me, and it is difficult to choose a favorite, but I always go back to Psalms 139. God created me in His image. He designed every aspect of my being perfectly, and He has a perfect purpose and plan for me that He thought out even before I was conceived. I am not an accident, but I was made in an amazing and wonderful way by the very one who created the entire universe. All His works are wonderful, and we are his favorite masterpieces.

If I were to literally wear a crown, I think it would put Britain’s Crown Jewels to shame. This may not be the most creative idea, but the symbol I have always used to represent my life is the butterfly because of how God has recreated my damaged life into something so beautiful. I would have a butterfly crown with gorgeous, colorful gems to represent everything I have been through in my life that God has transformed from a weapon of destruction to a polished jewel of victory and of love. Life is even better than a fairy tale for me now, but I sure went through the dungeon on my way here.

So far, everything I have learned this week has been everything I have needed. However, the moment that stands out to me is when I watched the introduction video and thought about all the examples of Christ’s touch that she described throughout the Gospels. It was so eye opening to me in several personal areas of my life lately that I haven’t understood, yet I could suddenly appreciate that God’s hand has been in it all along. I see everything with a fresh perspective, and I have a renewed sense of peace and trust with the direction my life is taking. God has really been speaking to me lately about how He is going to use all that I have been through to minister to others. I have no doubt He directed me to this study so that I could see that more clearly.

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Sharon – Psalm 139 OMG to goodness I just began hugging this Psalm…its really the first sentence that totally gets me in the mode of worship…

Oh Lord you have searched me and you know me….

How is it possible….lil ole me…when so many others are in need He makes sure to see about me…My Lord I love you!!!

I’m so excited for your revelations….Praise God.

• Karen says:

Here’s one of my favorite verses that reminds me of how loved I am:
    The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17. We are His joy and delight; the mere thought of us causes Him to sing and dance! Can you just picture that?!

• b says:

This roller coaster week was hard to comprehend, but i have a sense that this lesson was a part of the cart that carried me through it. The ride was lit by the “Super Moon” and the verse in the link above makes me acknowledge that the platform on all the rides at the theme park are simply trusting Him.
    Psalm 8:3–4 (ESV)
    When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?

• Carrissa Kaser says:

This study is helping me realize the importance of letting God define concepts. For instance, “princess,” it has been mutilated by society (Disney image, Kate, Diana.) Being from a royal priesthood seems like an awful fate from man’s perspective. I can’t wait for God to reveal what being a princess really entails.

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Hi Carissa,

I remember in a bible study at my church hearing the Rev. read this scripture or one similar to it I thought wow that makes since Christ is King, it follows that those who are in Christ would be royal. Amazing…right…lol

I too am waiting for revelation