God’s Healing Drip

By February 4, 2012Cancer & Faith

This post is by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her breast cancer journey with our readers.

OK, I admit, walking into that chemo lab for the first time was a bit scary. The sweet nurse put my husband and me in a small room so that she could explain the process. The first drug that they were going to give me, she said, was a powerful one; and because it is red, some people called it “devil’s tail.” Well, there is no way that I was going to call it that, so I renamed it “the healing blood of Jesus.” She explained that the chemo would target the fast growing cells in my body. There were side effects that might take place, but they would do everything they could to give me something to off set them.

A young woman came in and sat down, obviously at home and familiar with the process. “Hi, I’m Jamie.” Jamie has Crohn’s Disease and was there for an infusion of potassium. I explained that it was my first time, and she started filling me in on how it all works. She was funny and smart, wise beyond her years. She shared her concerns for her children and her health. Before I left that day, we agreed that we would pray for each other. “It’s going to be alright,” she said.

The next day, I was back for an infusion of fluids, anti-nausea meds, and a drug that builds up blood cells. Guess who was there? Her face (and mine) lit up as I walked into the room. There was my new friend, Jamie. Patting the empty recliner beside her, she invited me to come sit down beside her. God has already told me that this journey would be one where He would introduce me to many new people.

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” Acts 1:8 NIV

Cindy

Cancer and Faith Articles by Cindy Hamilton

With God’s Help, I’m Ready

Packing For the Journey

My Traveling Companions

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Rosan says:

Cindy,
    Just got home from MY chemo treatment (colon cancer, stage 3) and read your words! It amazes me every other week the people I chat with in the infusion suite! Each story is different and unique but in the end we are all there for the same reason-to kick Cancer’s butt!! Without God holding my hand thru this journey I don’t know if I could make it!
    I will be praying for you Cindy as God guides YOU and your family thru your journey!!
    God is in control and He will give you the peace and strength to endure!!!
    Shine on!!!
    Rosan

• Vicci Mauldin says:

Also, I will be following your blog on your journey and will be praying for you. Hugs, Vicci 🙂

• Vicci Mauldin says:

Thank you for sharing Cindy. I know this is going to be a hard journey for you, but remember God is with you and he has given you a new wonderful friend. Praise God!! The blood of Jesus is powerful and he is faithful to cleanse and make us anew. On a different note, I kind of know some of what you are going through, but not on the personal level that you are. My husband passed away last year from cancer. He was never a candidate for chemo and radiation though. The cancer was too far along. It was like this thing came into our lives and just took over every aspect of of our lives. But, without God, we (I have a 13 year old daughter) would have never made it. When I couldn’t pray, I would just say, “I trust you Lord, I trust you Lord.” I realize now that I was praying, just didn’t recognize it. I chose to trust Him because he knew what was best for our whole family, just like he knows what is best for you. And oh the dear, dear people he surrounded us with in our family, at Mayo in Scottsdale, AZ, the hotels/motels, the apartment complex, the home health care nurse, the social workers, the doctors, the nurses and so many others who blessed our lives. You will encounter Jesus in a way you never have before. I know did and we are forever changed for the better. My husband no longer hurts (he was in severe pain for 20+ years that was not cancer related). Dear Cindy, Jesus is right there with you. May his blood continue to cleanse you and make you whole again physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. Hugs, Vicci 🙂

Cindy,

I wish i was there to hold your hand, read and pray with you. I can not be there so every day prayers to you. Remember you are loved. Blessing.

• kelli says:

bless you 😉 I love that he sent you Jaime. I will keep you in my prayers

• Robin says:

Cindy! Thank you for taking us on this journey with you. Remember the sermon “in the wait”?
    point #1 – He is with you. The chemo that drips into your body to attack the fast growing cells like you said represents the shed blood of Jesus Christ and the power it hold to to heal and restore. God said He would never leave you or forsake you. As you are “in the wait” of your healing, surely my sister He is with you. May the Power of God be with you.

Blessings

• Lisa says:

Thank you for sharing, God Bless!

• Lynda Bishop says:

Dear Cindy
    Thank you for sharing your journey. I want you to know I will be reading your blog and holding you in prayer my sister in Christ as you go through this journey. God is so awesome how He uses EVERYTHING
    and how he loves us. Cindy, God bless you and I will be praying.
    hugs & blessings~ <3