Please join us at the Womens Bible Cafe and we embark on the One Word journey. We’re joining One Word 365 and My One Word by selecting just One Word for the year as a focus word. Instead of making new year resolutions, the concept of One Word is to select a single word for the year. You’ll choose just one word and focus on this word all year long.
Selecting One Word for the year is personal and unique to you. Don’t let a friend or family member choose it for you, find the word yourself. Once you make the decision to choose One Word for 2012, then your heart and eyes will be open for it. You’ll seek the word and it will find you.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matt 7:7-8 NIV
Pray about your One Word. See if you start noticing a theme or repeating word, something that jumps out at you or sticks to your side like glue. Be observant of your surroundings and look for your one word for 2012. You might find it in a day or two, or you might find it in a few weeks. Start looking and see what you find.
My One Word- Heiress
I found my One Word for 2012 through a series of events at the end of 2011 and I started noticing a theme.
- I was watching Beth Moore The Inheritance with my two daughters. I started to focus on her words and paid attention to the word Heiress. In the bible study she reminded me “you have a very wealthy Father.” It’s the first time I’ve heard that, and though I’ve known I’m a Daughter of the King, I never realized I was an actual heiress too.
- A few days later on Christmas Day, my family gave me a bottle of Princess perfume by Vera Wang. I’ve wanted this perfume for about three years and never purchased it because of the cost. When I opened the bottle and sprayed some “Princess” on me…I connected the bible study with something I could see and smell!
- Just after this, my niece announced she is in a beauty pageant for Miss California Teen and has been talking about wining a “crown.”
- On Facebook I found a perfect cover image for my profile, with a crown.
- A few days alter I was watching “Selling Spelling Manor” about an heiress who bought the luxury home.
All these events confirmed my One Word. Initially I thought my word would be Princess, then I changed it to Heiress to take the focus off me and place it on God my Father. So for this year I’ll be reflecting on the word Heiress and what it means to be an heir with Christ.
Selecting One Word
After selecting your One Word, you might want to look up the dictionary meaning of your word and also a thesaurus. You might look up the Hebrew and Greek meaning in Strong’s Concordence, and of course you’ll want to examine scripture for your One Word. Be sure to use different translations of the bible. Start looking for this word in your reading, conversations, social media, emails…anywhere your eyes fall each day. Be observant of the One Word and see how it is applied to your life in 2012.
Melanie from Only a Breath has offered to create a free word button for your blog (see mine above with the word heiress). To get a free button customized for you, click here.
If you had to choose One Word for 2012, what would you choose and why?