We’ve just finished our bible study of When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore. This final week of study we saw ourselves as prodigal daughters returning to the love of Abba. Beth walked us through a five day journey from redemption to restoration and showed us how the Father’s love never fails, never abandons us and lives inside us through the Holy Spirit. We are HIS- children of God, and we are LOVED- though the enemy has tried to tell us otherwise.
We looked at the 7 benefits of intercessory prayer on page 126 of the workbook. Having an army of prayer warriors within arms reach has been a frequent blessing in my spiritual life. Sometimes my circumstances are too overwhelming for my human heart, and prayer warriors lift me up. Other times, I’m under a cloud of spiritual warfare and need the extra protection of intercessory prayer. Make sure you find at least one other person to intercede for you, and make yourself available to others too. You don’t need to to perfect in your prayers; you just need to have a willing heart and let the Holy Spirit work in and through you. If you want more knowledge on this, read the book Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets or Prayers that Rout Demons by John Eckhardt.
Beth reminds us to clean our conscience, and I hope you did not overlook this important lesson. It’s one thing to know you are forgiven and set free. However, if you continue to carry the baggage and weight of your sins, you will never know the purity of heart,mind and soul. Without that purity, Satan will tempt you not to ask for blessings, not to pray for others, and not to wear your crown of Grace. You MUST clear your heart of any impurities and lies. The enemy will not let you forgive yourself. Spend some time praying over this and seeking 100% forgiveness of your past. A great book to read is called The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brenning Manning, Soulprint by Mark Batterson, or Rewriting Your Emotional Script by Becky Harling.
Finally, on the last day of our bible study Beth Moore asks you to stop at the cross. Pause. Reflect on this and visualize yourself giving it all to Him. You are redeemed, restored and loved through the GRACE of God. let go of any shame and accept His blessings. wear your crown- Daughter of the King.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or praise report. Take time this week to lift others up with your prayers.
Beth Moore Quotes
- God stands ready to receive and restore.
- It’s difficult to feel negativity for people when you’re actively praying for them.
- The very nature of a satanic scheme is that it is secretive and cunning.
- Consider deprogramming from the world’s deceptive forms of media.
- We can’t recognize lies if we don’t know the truth.
- When we cease learning and being teachable, we are no longer disciples.
- God can plunder the enemy and take back what Satan stole from us.
- The proud will never be free.
For Next Week
- Join our next study Loving Well by Beth Moore
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- What steps do you need to take- detoxification, deprogramming, or reprogramming- in order to strengthen your walk? (page 130 )
- What does it feel like to have your conscience replaying a scene from your past? (page 134 )
- Would you recommend this bible study to a friend? Why or why not?
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.