We’ve just finished week one of When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore, and learned about the seduction of Satan and why we are enemy targets. We then looked at 16 common claims of the seduced. For some of you, this may be your first introduction to the concept of spiritual warfare and the seductions may have been a shock and a surprise to you. For others, you may have looked at the 16 common methods used by the enemy and recognized the trap set before you. You probably had a mix of emotions from this week’s study- anger, shame, hurt, fear and disappointment- to name a few. While the feelings are uncomfortable, they are not without a hidden gift: God restores His children.
The purpose of this study is not to sink you into a well of despair, but rather to lift you up on your royal feet and remind you that you are His. God alone has the love and the willingness and the unyielding desire to redeem His children. He restores you from a season of spiritual warfare by removing your feelings of guilt and shame, and replacing them with a pure heart in love with Him. Once you’ve had a Holy Makeover in your heart and found the source of your clogged arteries, you are better able to defend yourself from future attacks. Beth assures us, “God forgives sin the moment we repent, but its ramifications can take longer to heal.”
Expect warfare this week as you continue in the study. It’s not uncommon, and you have no reason to fear. Beth Moore writes “many believers have a wrong conception of Satan’s power. They think he is something parallel to or as powerful as God.” In God’s Kingdom, Satan is a pest and an annoyance and will never claim victory. “Satan is merely a created being,” writes Beth. Expect to be annoyed as he throws distractions, lies and deception into your path. Rebuke him the same way Jesus did. Be vigilant for those areas of your life where the enemy pierces your weakness- especially in the areas of relationships, finances, health and temptations. Pray when you sense the enemy is at work, recite scripture to the devil, and ask for intercessory prayer if his flaming arrows become too hot. No matter what, do not quit or give up on the bible study and allow the enemy to disarm you! The most valuable bible study you can complete is one on enemy warfare and this one is excellent, as you are about to see. The only reason we are in this war is because God loves us as His precious children. We are His.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or praise report. Take time this week to lift others up with your prayers. Be on guard to personal attacks from the enemy and pray constantly over this during the week. The Lord is your shield and the Holy Spirit in you is your guide. With Jesus in your heart, victory is won.
Beth Moore Quotes
- Not everyone in a stronghold of sin is having a good time.
- Satan’s ultimate fury is at God.
- Anything God does, Satan attempts to counterfeit.
- One of Satan’s chief objectives is to make the clean feel unclean.
- Obsessive thinking is one of the clearest signs of a fierce demonic stronghold.
- Satan loves isolation. Be aware of anything that separates us from godly people.
For Next Week
- Read Week Two in the workbook
- If you are using the CD’s please listen to audio Session Two
- Join our Womens Bible Cafe Chat on Facebook
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How have your eyes been opened to see that you are a target of Satan? (page 15 )
- Why are we vulnerable at spiritually high times, such as starting a new bible study or growing in faith? (page 24 )
- Which of the 16 common claims of the seduced have you struggled with in the past or are struggling with now? (page 30 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.