When Godly People Do Ungodly Things Week 3

We’re half way through When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore, and really feeling the bite of Satan as we complete our study. The enemy is fighting hard and many of you have shared your personal stories of spiritual warfare these past few weeks. This week our lesson is about being seduce-proofed Christians and the intensity of the enemy attacks is to expose any weakness in our walls. Beth Moore gave us ten descriptions of a seduce-proofed Christian during our bible study this week. The seduced-proofed Christian

1. …..is happy in her faith
  2. …..abstains from evil
  3. …..is unceasing in prayer
  4. …..is thankful and gives thanks
  5. …..doesn’t quench the Spirit
  6. …..does not despise instruction, exhortation or warning
  7. …..tests and proves all things until she recognizes what is good
  8. …..allows God Himself to sanctify her through and through
  9. …..keeps her whole spirit, soul and body blameless
  10. …..knows the One who called her is faithful and He will do it

Go back over this list and insert your name into the beginning of each description. Read it aloud and see if it fits you. If you need to strengthen one of these areas, print the list and read it each day until it sinks into your mind. Beth reminds us “Satan can’t get in from the outside without an invitation from the inside.” Whatever it takes, strengthen your walls. Some tools include daily bible study, scripture memorization, listening to Christian music, prayer, worship and time with Jesus. “God delights to bless our obedience,” writes Beth. Let Him bless you with peace and grace inside your heart and let His love flow from you into the lives of others.

Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or praise report. Take time this week to lift others up with your prayers.

Beth Moore Quotes

• A pray-without ceasing relationship means seeing everything against the backdrop of God’s presence.
  • Many times we don’t have a knowledge problem; we have an obedience problem.
  • A huge chasm can separate goodwill from God’s will.
  • Allow God to completely invade you through and through.
  • We don’t often realize our fence is down until Satan devours something precious.
  • I cooperated with the devil because I had not completely cooperated with God.

• Read Week Four in the workbook
  • If you are using the CD’s please listen to audio Session Four
  • Join our Womens Bible Cafe Chat on Facebook

1. Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? Where are the weaknesses in your wall?
  4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

• Carin says:

This is a really really hard and intense study. I am determined to finish it.

1Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? Where are the weaknesses in your wall?

I am not sure how a watchman would find the little/and or big things that get me angry. I have found myself getting angry at a lot of things. It has been pointed out vastly in this study. However, since it has been pointed out I feel that I am recognizing that the enemy has come in and got me wound up over something stupid or something that happened a long time ago. I have realized that I was dwelling over things.

I pray for my husband every morning and night. Sometimes during the day. He is going through struggles and I pray that God intercedes constantly for his eyes, his mouth, his ears, hands and feet to look for Jesus.

3.Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy?

I have realized that I struggle every day with the enemy. This study has pointed out that he doesn’t back off. I am learning more and more to pray without ceasing. I stop and think OK, this is not the spirit of God…Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by things I think I am going to go into a panic attack. Sometimes I scream in the car while I am driving at the enemy (it does work).

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

Things to equip myself in overcoming the enemies’ schemes. Stay away from evil things or things that could or would put a stronghold on me. If it is not of God don’t do it , watch it or read it. I recently rented the movie “Bridesmaids” so many of my friends told me it was the funnies movie they have seen. The first 10 min of the movie was so sexual and so much of the spirit of the enemy, I told my husband I am no longer renting R rated movies…
    Pray without ceasing. I need to make God and my faith the wall that keeps the enemy away from me. The enemy is stealing a lot of my joy from me. I am building a new fence!

it’s worth finishing Carin! The study is intense and you may notice some spiritual warfare as you complete it, however when it is done your knowledge will last a lifetime.

• carin says:

Yes, Christine- My husband and I have been experiencing intense warfare! However, we have never prayed more together. I believe that the knowledge will last a lifetime as we have already seen and become aware of the little bit by bit traps that the enemy has set. Pray hard and often….

1.Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? Where are the weaknesses in your wall?
    I have identified several areas of weakness. Praying without ceasing, giving thanks, and quenching the Spirit are three areas I identified. What I have come to see about my relationship with God is it is just like a relationship with someone else… it takes work. Daily work. I’ve found if I get up in the morning with a spirit of prayer and thankfulness, it’s easier to keep that attitude throughout the day.
    2.The bible encourages us to pray for others and intercede. Name one person that you are going to pray for this week, each day, in intercessory prayer. I am going to pray for my nursing students, by name, every day. So many of them have barriers in their schooling- work, family, self-confidence issues.
    3.Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? If so, how? (page 67 ) Yes, I have struggled with opposition. Satan has a way of turning everything upside down before we even realize it.
    4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study
    I really enjoyed looking at the characteristics of a seduction-proof person… I also liked Day 5, where we talked about passion and love. How amazing is our God, who loves us so very much!

• Debbie says:

The crack…or more like the missing section of my ‘wall’….is my PAST. I am moving on with the Lord’s power….the enemy can no longer hold me to the past that almost broke me….PRAISE YOU JESUS!

My favorite part of this week was the visual Beth gave us of the Old Testament temple…opposition is inevitable,but I am the TEMPLE of the Holy Spirit and I am sealed/possesed….the opposition on the outside of the walls does not stand a chance if I am obedient to God,… checking my walls for cracks/defects/weak parts will keep me from oppression of the Evil One.

Just finished workbook/video for Wk #4…some days of study have been painful, however I am SO blessed through this study!! PERSEVERE SISTERS!!!

• Pam, Louisiana says:

Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? Where are the weaknesses in your wall? The weaknesses in my wall are my mouth. I daily pray for a bridle over it. I know the LORD is working even as I am studying, because in the last few weeks I have noticed a big difference.

The bible encourages us to pray for others and intercede. Name one person that you are going to pray for this week, each day, in intercessory prayer. My best friend and my son.

Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? If so, how? (page 67 ) It seems like the more I am in the WORD the more the devil jumps into my mind. He has started playing mind games and I pray really hard that the LORD will step in and clear my mind and give me thoughts of HIM. It seems that the more I pray the more the devil places thoughts that aren’t true in my mind.

• Laura says:

1.Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? My eyes have to be most alert to the spoken word because I am often subjected to hearing words of judgment, critical words, and words of negativity that can creep into my heart if I let them. Where are the weaknesses in your wall? Because I am so often subjected to hearing negative, judgmental and negative words, the weakness in my wall is a vulnerability to people that speak affirming words. It is an area I always have to keep a hedge of protection.
    2.The bible encourages us to pray for others and intercede. Name one person that you are going to pray for this week, each day, in intercessory prayer. I will daily life up a friends son Gregg who is struggling in many areas and is at a place of crisis.
    3.Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? If so, how? (page 67 ) Oh yes I have. The enemy has taunted me with dissatisfaction after so many years praying for my husband to surrender his heart to the Lord.
    4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. Page 67 “If we don’t take Christ up on the fullness and joy and satisfaction within our walls, we are still subject to longing glances at life outside our walls.” It is possible to find all our satisfaction in Christ even when the deepest longings of our hearts are unfulfilled. As we allow God to sanctify us through and through, “Our safety, joy, fulfillment, and wholeness are all found in allowing God to completely invade our through and through. Nothing witheld. Nothing off-limits. No part ofour lives from birth to death. No part of our beings from conscious to subconscious. No part of our minds. No part of our emotions. Through and through.” (Page 61)

• roxann says:

I have been listening to Beth Moore on-line on this study free.. The website is OnePlace.com. You have to type in the title and you can listen to 7 cd’s. I have been listening every morning. I’m on 7. Love it. This is for anyone interested. Let me know if it doesn’t work for those who are interested… 🙂 God Bless

• roxann says:

thankyou, this will be my prayer for Nichole…

• Kim says:

One of the messages that resonated with me from Week 3 was on pages 58-59. Specifically, I loved when Beth said, “Nothing will be more important to us in seduce-proofing our lives than practicing the Holy Spirit-filled or controlled life. We are absolutely incapable of consistent victory on our own. Without the full empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we have no defense against the enemy’s schemes.”

This spoke to me on many levels. But what gets me is the power of God in us. He can conquer anything. Anything! If that is so (and it is), we can be assured of victory over the plots, schemes, and attacks of the evil one. Don’t you love it?!?!

• roxann says:

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

I think my weaknesses in my life for now is my daughter. There’s a long history. I feel the enemy keeps trying to keep us apart. I struggle everyday (honestly) with anger of the life she has so far choosen and her way of living. Emotions are hard to keep in tack when your hit with something Hard at least once a week with bad choices she is making and my concern is the 4 grandchildren. God is good, when I go to deep prayer with him i feel good.. But, I go back to worry and anger, than back to prayer.. What a roller coaster..

I pray everyday for a long time for my daughter AND her children. But, one focus is a friend that is struggling with her life. Sadly, i’m waiting for the call.

Reading the Bible, it seems everytime I sit down to read I get interrupted. Fluke? No, i think again it’s the enemy not wanting me to read God’s word.

I always loved the fact that we may not see or touch God, But, we can sure LOVE Him… I love telling that statement to everyone.. Praise God.

Praying Roxann. Insert your daughters name into Psalm 34 and pray aloud:

1 (name) will extol the LORD at all times;
      his praise will always be on (name) ‘s lips.
      2 (name) will glory in the LORD;
      let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
      3 Glorify the LORD with (name) ;
      let us exalt his name together.

4 (name) sought the LORD, and he answered her;
      he delivered (name) from all her fears.
      5 (name) looks to him and is radiant;
      her face is never covered with shame.
      6 (name) called, and the LORD heard her;
      he saved (name) out of all her troubles.
      7 The angel of the LORD encamps around (name) ,
      and he delivers her.

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
      blessed is (name) who takes refuge in him.
      9 Fear the LORD, (name) ,
      for those who fear him lack nothing.
      10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
      but (name) who seeks the LORD lacks no good thing.
      11 Come,(name) , listen to me;
      I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
      12 Whoever of you loves life
      and desires to see many good days,
      13 keep (name)’s tongue from evil
      and her lips from telling lies.
      14 Turn from evil and do good;
      seek peace and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the LORD are on (name) ,
      and his ears are attentive to her cry;
      16 but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil,
      to blot out their name from the earth.

17 (name) cries out, and the LORD hears her;
      he delivers (name) from all her troubles.
      18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
      and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

19 (name) may have many troubles,
      but the LORD delivers her from them all;
      20 he protects all (name) ‘s bones,
      not one of them will be broken.

21 Evil will slay the wicked;
      the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
      22 The LORD will rescue (name);
      no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

• Debbie says:

Oh my, Christine….thank you SO much for this idea….I copied and pasted Psalm 34 in to a word dcoument and then put my name and my daughter’s name (as you suggested to Roxann)…printed a copy and will tuck it into my Bible.

• Trinity says:

I think the weak spot in my wall is definately anxiety and worrying what others think of me that I tend to hide in the corners as tho not to be open so as not to be judged. My one really weak spot would be obsessively worrying about my current pregnancy seems every time I go to sleep I have the most awful vivid dreams about something awful.

This week I am praying for my husband.

I remember one vivid dream when I was pregnant with my first child, she is now 13 years old! Start writing down your dreams and then in the morning when you are awake, pray over them and ask the Holy Spirit to provide discernment. Since the dreams are so frightening, he may be drawing out your fear and helping you to gain confidence as a new mother. He might bring your worry to the surface, so the Lord can teach you to trust in Him and not worry. Keep a journal beside your bed, write down the dreaqms the minute you wake from them, and pray over them. God is Good! 🙂

• Vicki Matthews says:

I know God has called me to Evangelize to my family and those in my world. I can be weak when it comes to standing on my convictions of my beliefs.
    I am also weak in self esteem and pray that God shows me I am worthy of his blessings. It is silly, but I know God wants me in his kingdom because every time I try to stray he shows me the path back to him, but when I get into the meat of Gods word, I let the little tricks satan plays make me believe I am not important enough to God for his blessings.

I also pray for my family.. I am 47 & pre-menopausal. My patience is being tested by me and for the first time in my life, I have this attitude that I have had enough of other people’s stuff. In some aspects this is good because I am getting the strength to not be so obsessed by what people think, but I still want people to feel comfortable and I still want to have compassion.
    So I am rebuking satan so he will stop challenging my gifts from God. I am rebuking satan to stop challenging my faith and stop using my own hormonal changes against me. I pray with gratitude for all God’s gifts he has given me, spiritually, material, and familial and pray that he protect me and my families minds and hearts through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    2. The bible encourages us to pray for others and intercede. Name one person that you are going to pray for this week, each day, in intercessory prayer. My husband Alex. I am having trouble with patience.
    3. Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? If so, how? (page 67 ) Yes. sometimes it is obvious and mundane like one thing after another stopping me from just doing a Bible study or going to church. However I had a very enormous battle or sifting 8 years ago when I was leading a class at church that created a stronger relationship with the Holy Spirit. satan attacked my home and my family. I could literally smell the demons. In the mean time satan was attacking my church and there wasn’t help for me. It was a very difficult battle that I didn’t give up and sought help from other Christians. I have to be honest, I did back off from teaching because of this. This situation is why I am taking this course
    4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. I woke up in the middle of the night full of anxiety. this is not unusaul for me with my new hormonal situation. I went to my email and found an email from this group on attacks. I printed out the Bible scripture and repeated it over and over so I would learn it, then put it on my mirror in case I forgot it. It is so cool when God shows me he loves me and is there for me like he was, especially when he uses others to do this. It makes me feel good to share with that person she was the hand of God.

• Judee Baysinger says:

If I were a watchman and I am, I wold be looking for the evil beneath the surface. Seduction comes in small ways at first and then grows a little at a time. Look at television today. Thongs are on T,V. during prime children time that were unthinkable during adult time just a few years ago. Plan for the long siege, the enemy isn’t going to announce in big letters, ” Call out the guard, I’m here”. He will sneak in where you least expect him. Watch everything, everywhere and if there is any question at all, it’s probably him.

Last night I watched family television and was shocked at the strong sexual content. Every show I turned on showed men and women behaving badly and talking about sex. One show even had a transvestite proudly promoting her operation and change, I spoke to my husband about it. I turned on these shows because they are popular and had high emmy ratings, and I’ve never seen them. After watching 10 minutes of each show I had to turn it off and pray over my “eye gates” for viewing filth. I realize the end times are so near- when you see this as popular entertainment and your heart is elsewhere. Our entertainment industry is ruled by a fallen world. In this area, Satan is wining. Sadly, because these shows are on at 8PM our children see them also. My kids covered their eyes and were shocked at what they saw.

• Amanda says:

1. One weakness in my wall is insecurity. I guess I would have to watch for him in that battlefield of the mind. I tend to care *a lot* about what other people think of me and I know I need to focus more on God’s view of me. I also know that he tries to attack me with negative thoughts, times of fear (unnecessary fear, not brought on by anything in particular), even wondering how on earth God could forgive so many times (when I know and believe He will).
    2. My sister.
    4. Realizing I need to pray and keep my mind on God constantly throughout the day as a seduce-proofing measure, thanking Him every time I think of it, and trying to see God’s hand in everything around me.

• Lisa says:

– I would definitely be vigilant and watch for attacks coming from all directions, but my real weakness is
    self-confidence. This has been a big struggle for me for a long time. I never realized before taking this study that this was easy access for satan to attack me! I always had thoughts of what I SHOULD be doing (volunteering in my community, joining a group at church) , but always ran the other way if it involved having to socialize with people I didn’t know- I never felt “good enough”. Unbeknownst to me… I was quenching the Spirit!! I have been praying for God to give me the strength and courage to live the life he wants me to live, and to break free from satan’s grip. God surely is good!! I have since joined a small group at church, and although it is still a struggle at times, I know that through him I can do anything.
    -This week, I will pray for my Dad….that he may come to know Jesus and have a personal relationship with him.
    -Beth’s quote “I cooperated with the devil because I had not completely cooperated with God” is powerful and certainly is convicting! That really stopped me in my tracks this week and made me think!

God will equip you for any calling. Your confidence is in Him. Always live your life for an Audience of One, because God rewards your efforts and not your results. He sees. He loves. He knows His daughters.Teach your heart to serve in Jesus name.

• Debbie says:

I love that saying…..’always live your life for an Audience of One’….thanks SO much Christine…(ps~I am getting the hang of this online format…thanks for the offer to email you if I needed further help.)

• Allison says:

The enemy has targeted us as victims. He knows our name and address, our strengths and weaknesses. He and his forces lurk, waiting, planning for the moment they will strike when we’re caught off-guard. He desperately hopes that we will, as many Christians, remain ignorant of his reality so that we’ll blame his assaults on somebody or something else. Therefore, we need to be honest with ourselves and identify our weaknesses before Satan can manipulate circumstances and inspire evil thoughts or temptations, disguising his activities behind the shroud of people or things. He will always seek to divert attention and blame for his actions upon others. He is the real enemy, not my husband, my friends, the government or anyone else I try to blame! “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12).
    I personally am most vulnerable when it comes to self confidence, self esteem and self worth. I am praying for strength to avoid people who come into my life that initiate doubts about my relationship with my husband.

My husband, Ron. I feel he is being pulled away from a Spiritually close relationship with Jesus Christ because of unresolved forgiveness issues. He is such a good man. Our now adult children do not understand the attitude he has toward his sister and his parents for their past mistakes. I pray he can learn how to let go and let God.

I could relate to Beth’s words regarding turmoil on p. 67. I, like Beth, have had “unfortunate attacks through temptation”, but in addition “as an abuse victim, the enemy raised all sorts of things at the wall that quickened emotional reactions in me.” It appears that I “cooperated with the devil because I had not completely cooperated with God.” The victim in me has been called to the surface numerous times throughout the past 40 years since the 8 years of abuse that I endured at the hands of a family member, a teacher, a boss, etc. My issues with self-control have led me to reject the control of the Holy Spirit leading me down a path of regret.

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

There were many moments that spoke to me. Here is just one: “our minds will taint our hearts and ultimately affect our actions.” Philippians 4:8 (New International Version) ” Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

I pray that I will be able to make better choices in what I expose my mind to such as television programming and movie viewing. Have a good week everyone.

• Alicia says:

I was reading this this morn and I want you to know how i have been blessed by your sharing what God has laid upon your heart. It is Amazing to see how God uses other people and their life circumstances to touch us. Thank you and God Bless You!

• Joan H says:

There is a person from my past that keeps trying to cine back to my life as a friend.
    My crack in my wall is self doubt, neg thinking, people pleasing
    I will fortify my walls with daily prayer without seizing, bible reading and praise lots of praise.
    Obedience

• Renee says:

1. I am currently dealing with a gossip dilemma. When someone starts to gossip I am not sure what to say. I try to turn it around and say something nice about the person. However, that still puts me in the conversation. I don’t want to say, “I don’t gossip” because I don’t want anyone to think I am Miss Holy Thing.
    Any suggestions?? These conversations are around people who are not Christians.
    2. My prayer list just keeps growing …. So many people are not Christians.

When someone starts to gossip, I will bring the word into the conversation by asking them “Are we gossiping? Because if we are, it makes me uncomfortable and I don’t want to participate in that.” Bring it to the table, call it what it is, without pointing fingers. It’s less threatening to say “we are gossiping” than “you are gossiping.” If someone asks me a question about another person and it will lead to gossip, I usually reply “I not comfortable answering that because it might hurt another person. You need to ask her yourself.”

The watchman and weaknesses in my wall are all the things I have done in the past. They always seem to jump out to come back to me. Satan uses these to remind people in my life I was no good and still am no good. So I need to secure my wall daily with the protection and comfort of the Lord. My misdeeds are a daily reminder that I am still a backslider, and need God to help me fortify my wall. Call on Him daily to keep Satan at bay, and to give all of myself willing to Him, even my mind.

• Caroll says:

Sue Alice,
      As of today you are no longer a backslider. Look at this…YOU are moving ACTIVELY FORWARD and in the most positive ways. What matters is your relationship with God. God would NEVER say Sue Alice is a backslider, he would say she loves me and she’s trying diligently to find her stengths and she is no quitter,,, and she never stands alone as she protects her wall. I urge you to drop the “misdeeds” and look at all you are good at, starting here with committment to a study, being open and sharing your life with us. I do not know your life but I do know you are trying and you are not a quitter and as all comments, I may not post a reply to them but I take names and send out prayers for all of us. You are on a whole new team Sue Alice, your in a whole new day than yesterday and misdeeds are past.

• Julie says:

1. The weaknesses in my wall are the matters of the heart. I would look for seduction of the devil in attempting to fill my insecurities with false hope through comfort from those that are from God from that of Satan. My insecurities fill me with voids that need to be filled with the Holy Spirit and I need to strengthen my wall through God’s Word and the santification through and through.

2. This week I will be praying for my husband that he will be able to fight off the devil and stengthen his wall by filling his mind with the Holy Spirit. Even though we are in the middle of a divorce, I pray that the Holy Spirit fills his mind and that he is protected against the devil.

3. Satan has fed on my insecurities through overwhelming debt, loneliness and sadness.

4. The element of unceasing prayer as the description of seduce-proofed life… seeing everything against the backdrop of God’s presence. Turning all thoughts in every situation to God. Having a pray-without-ceasing relationship with God. Having a perpetual line of open communication with God through the entire day! Just visualizing all the elements of a seduced-proof life — makes me want MORE and to protect myself from the evil one.

• Rhonda says:

1. I would be looking at the most sheltered area where it would be easiest for the enemy to hide and also wherever the path of least resistance might be. I might also want to watch the least accessible area as the enemy might choose this path thinking this would be the least guarded area. I think though I would need to be scanning the entire area because if I became too focused in one place it would open up an easy area of attack elsewhere. The weaknesses in in my wall would be anywhere there was an opening such as a gate or watch hole which would make the wall more vulnerable to attack. Hmmmm….This makes me think of the “wall” that surrounds me and where my weak spots might be. They would be my family and my health which has not been quite up to par lately.
    2. I choose to make Jennifer the one I will pray for this week. She is having a lot of upheaval in her worklife as well as in her personal life.
    3. I struggle with opposition daily. The place where the devil hits me most is in the area of indecision. I can pray for days about something, make a decision and find peace with it for a while. Then this little voice in the back of my head starts planting seeds. I have to pray almost unceasingly to keep on track with what I KNOW is right but the devil keeps trying to make me doubt. With so much change in my personal life right now, it seems to be increasing. Thank God, He never gets tired of hearing my prayers.
    4. I always find this to be the most difficult part of the lesson because I have so many “ah hah” moments through out the week of study, but one thing that kind of stands out from last week was recogninzing that I may not even realize I have a chink in my armor that “invites” Satan to come in. This is a very interesting concept to me. I am an avid reader and am not really picky about whatthe subject matter is as I am interested in learning about just about everything. This concept got me to wondering if maybe not being so selective about my subject matter might unwittingly make me more “open” to some of these attacks.

• Donna says:

I have been under attack since returning to work full-time after 8 months off on medical leave for breast cancer treatment. My faith remained strong throughout until going back to work. I have struggled with feeling overwhelmed by stress, depressed and have had frequent emotional outbursts. Back in 2007 before cancer I had an amazing dream of God asking me to stand by a large old possibly dead oak tree so lightening would strike me and he could put his power into me. I felt the awesome power of God within me. After that dream I kept thinking how will God put His power in me? What does he want me to do? When diagnosed with cancer I thought “Now I have been struck by lightening. What great thing does God want me to do with his power?” Just this week, I was thinking on that dream and had an Aha! moment which will probably be obvious to most of you. the dream was not about me doing some great thing in my life. It was a lesson. The tree is the cross of Jesus. God was asking me to stay close to it and telling me that obeying His commands would not always be easy or comfortable but it is the only way for Him to put His power in me. When I obey Him and stand close to the cross I can accomplish anything he has planned for me.

All that being said, I think the weakness in my wall is when I move away from the cross and gain a false sense of security to do life in my own power.

God will let you know when and how to use that power. He will open doors and close others. An excellent book for you to read would be Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer, because cancer interrupts your life.You are a new woman, courageous and with a gratitude for your survival. Your impatience is in how to use these new skills and your mind tells you to use them at work, so that might be causing your frustration.

• Caroll says:

1. The weakness in my wall is not recognizing how Satan works in my life and I find myself in situations where I am so unhappy then I start with negative thinking and negative verbalizing and often start tossing out blame all over things far out of my control. I’ve had the opportunity to be home for a few months to study for huge exams I have to take this semester and since my new move to the city, not knowing anyone and am currently still in discovery of finding my way around for the simplest things as groceries, overcoming public transportation which I’ve never used and then dealing with leaks which have ruined our floor, my laptop, several fresh painted walls in my building and now having tuckpointing work right outside my walls (jackhammers, no privacy as they have my blinds down and a huge mess as they have knocked complete walls down exposing the brick) all of which will be ongoing for weeks, 6 days a week from 8-5p! Let me add there has been remodeling and constant hammering, sawing, workers with thier music both below my apartment and beside my apartment. I am here to study and this has been one disaster after another….I started getting angry, starting thinking negatively, started cussing, started blaming, starting fights with my husband. Feeling stuck down, I was allowing this to take away my thunder and Satan have his fun as I needed quiet and peace and got absolutely none. My weak walls: how I react to things that are out of my control and how easily in the past I’ve allowed a little tailspin into negativity. I’m working on turning my attitudes and reactions around right now.

2. I found my prayer list grow since the start of this study. Chirstine’s shared life stories really stuck in my head this week and I put her husband in the top of my prayer list.

3.Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? YES! Absolutely! What is so amazing is how easily and silent they slip in. right?!? With that as I mentioned in #1….it seems that when we think we need something and there are such barriers of resistence all of which my negative thoughts turn into negative verbalizing and snowball to unhappiness. My eyes are now open and I’m working on awareness and discipline!

4. Most favorite: the steps for seduce proofing my life in days 1-2. Amazingly helpful!

Awareness of how the enemy attacks is the beginning of your turnaround. Also filtering your thoughts “is this condemnation (draws me away from God) or is this conviction (draws me near to God).” Keep praying and let God speak into your heart.

Caroll.

I really like your answers. May I use them, please. LOL. Your first answer made me think. blessings to you and yours.

• Caroll says:

Thank you and absoulutely take any you like. LOL I’ve been inspired or had so many “Ah ha!” moments from reading everyone elses writings I’ve done the same. Have a great week! C.