Welcome back to online bible study as we finish our study of Duty or Delight by Tammie Head. We ended the study with a bang…as Tammie confronts the truth behind spiritual warfare and encourages us to claim our victory. It is a delight knowing God has secured our victory and all we need to do is equip ourselves for the battle. Tammie writes “If you’re getting more serious about following Jesus Christ, then Satan is more serious about watching your every move.” When this happens to you, do not run in fear or fall to temptation…look UP…and know that God is near. The fact that Satan is now interested in your heart shows how valuable you’ve become to God’s heart. When we recognize it and have the tools Tammie mentions to overcome it…God continues to open more doors and a deeper relationship with Him. Spiritual warfare means you’re treading on the enemy ground and he dislikes you, especially when Jesus is revealed in you. Rebuke the devil with scripture, claim your spiritual territory and do not fear the enemy. Know when he’s present and know how to shorten the duration of his lies, temptations and other tactics. If you don’t know what they are, you will not know how to fight them. “Our job is to prayerfully live from our new identities by standing secure in Christ,” writes Tammie. Be sure to print a copy of page 150 and read your rights until you have them memorized.
On page 133 in the book Tammie recommends three books on spiritual warfare. We’ve studied The Invisible War by Chip Ingram here at the Womens Bible Cafe and it was a very powerful study. Our new study by Beth Moore called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things is an in-depth look at enemy schemes: how they affect our past and present lives, and how to protect ourselves against future attacks. I highly recommend it and hope you’ll join us in another six-week online bible study.
Visit the Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or a praise report. We look forward to lifting your name up to the Lord in prayer.
Tammie Head Quotes
- Spiritual warfare isn’t a metaphor; it’s a reality.
- Satan cannot attack us without permission.
- The Devil is furious that his time is short.
- We cannot truly resist Satan if our walk doesn’t match our talk.
- The shield of faith completely snuffs out the fire of the enemy.
For Next Week
- Join our new online bible studies starting Aug 29, 2011
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How do you know when the Devil is attacking you? (page 137 )
- What do you do when you’re feeling attacked? (page 138 )
- How is your relationship moving from duty to delight with God?
- Would you recommend this bible study to a friend? Why or why not?