We’ve just finished week five of Duty or Delight by Tammie Head, and next week is our final lesson in this workbook. I pray you are growing in faith as you complete your study. Stay the course and never let the enemy pull you off the path of God’s will.
This week we paid attention to God’s command to love. Tammie shared her personal story of unloving people and people who hurt, then encouraged us to break through the walls of self-protection and follow the path of Jesus. In Him, we learn to forgive those who hurt us and to embrace the greatest commandment of all: Love one another. In Him, we learn to release sin-shame and hurtful pasts, so we can embrace the King of Kings with godliness and a pure heart. You’ll miss the Kingdom blessings and purest of love when your eyes are focused on the past. Let go and let God become the center of your life. With God as the center of your heart, love flows through your brain and in your words and actions. As a Daughter of the King, it is your inheritance to live loved and to share His love with others.
It is critical for you to walk in forgiveness and freedom as a child of God. Tammie writes “Forgiveness means we are free from the cage of our wounds and pain.” If you continue to walk by pain, you miss the blessings and spiritual gifts the Lord wants to bestow upon you. You may have forgiven someone for hurt and abuse, however you must also forgive yourself. Dig deep and look for any resentment or unforgiveness you harbor against self. Stop walking in cages of your past and start walking as a child freed with the blood of Jesus. Walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor 5:7 NKJV
Our next online bible study called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore addresses how Satan uses the past to hinder your present. If you struggle with unforgiveness, please join us in this life-changing study.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a praise report or prayer request. Take time this week to pray for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to convict you if you are loving others as Jesus would do.
Tammie Head Quotes
- God set my entire life (heart, soul, mind, strength) ablaze with His love.
- The greatest disaster to our faith is making Christianity about rules instead of relationship.
- God created us for utmost dependence.
- We are ministers of each others aloneness.
- Only God should occupy the throne of our hearts.
For Next Week
- Read Week Six in the workbook
- Watch the Duty or Delight Videos (Look under Support Materials at bottom of page)
- Join our Womens Bible Cafe Chat on Facebook
- Register for one of the three online bibles studies starting on August 29
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- In our study with Tammie we’ve learned: God chose me, God redeemed me, God fills me with the Holy Spirit, and God prunes me. Which of these speaks to your heart the most and why? (page 110 )
- How can you love a difficult person the way God requires? (page 120 )
- What is the difference between biblical love and earthly love? (page 128 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.