We’ve finished week five of our bible study Brave by Angela Thomas and we have just one week remaining in this study. Angela has turned the pages of scripture and reminded us who are are and whose we are- visible to the eyes of God. We are reminded of His love for us and His awareness of us as His daughters. We are never invisible to the One who offers us eternal life.
Last summer I attended a womens conference where the entire theme was about feeling invisible! Ordinary women got on stage and spoke about the small differences they’ve made in the world. God called them to be visible in His eyes and to follow His voice. Nicole Johnson gave this presentation and I thought you’d like to watch it here:
I really enjoyed Nicole’s book The Invisible Woman, When Only God Sees and gave my sister a copy of this book for her birthday. Elisa Morgan was also at the conference and she spoke about her book She Did What She Could, an inspiring look at how small things make a difference and are not invisible to God. If you are feeling invisible or know a woman who needs encouragement about her Godly worth- I recommend both books!
When you feel invisible, look Up and remind yourself you are His. Loved by the Father and promised an eternal inheritance with Him.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer or a praise report. Before you leave, take some time and pray for someone’s need. Lift others up as God has lifted you up. Send up prayers for the Lord to hear and answer.
Angela Thomas Quotes
- Striving is an ugly thing, especially on a godly woman.
- It takes a lot of hurt to make a desert become the better option.
- God sees you and me. We are not invisible to Him.
- God is glorified when we live everyday aware and changed by His presence.
- Living gratefully reshapes the soul.
For Next Week
- Read Week Six in the workbook
- Optional: Watch the Session Seven Video (optional due to cost)
- Register and get your book for the next bible study starting on Aug. 29, 2011
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )
- Have you ever tried to get ahead of God as Hagar did, when she misinterpreted God’s delay as denial and took matters into her own hands? (page 113 )
- Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him? (page 119 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.