We’ve just finished week two of Duty or Delight by Tammie Head, and learned about our rights as God’s redeemed. On page 59 in the workbook Tammie lists three important rights. You may want to grab a 3×5 index card and write them down, then carry them with in in your wallet. Throughout your week, look at the three rights and remember them. Better yet, put a copy on your mirror and start your day reading them! Center yourself on God’s truth.
Tammie asked this question and then explained the difference between guilt and conviction.
People often ask me how they know when the difference between guilt and conviction and I refer to something Chip Ingram said in his book the Invisible War. He explained that guilt draws us away from God and conviction draws us near. It’s a good practice to ask yourself “Is this thought bringing me closer to Jesus or making me pull away?” If you are still in doubt, pray and ask the Spirit for confirmation. You may see signs of conformation or signs to steer you away from a decision or action. “It is imperative that we keep God’s word in our mind and Satan’s lies out of it,” says Ingram. “You do not have to live where the condemnations of your heart take you.”
Tammie asked us to consider this important question: “What if we obeyed God not as a way to justify ourselves but purely as a way to bring God pleasure?” Give this some extra thought during the next week.
Our Prayer Wall has changed and now you can post prayers or praise reports as comments to the page. Please visit the prayer wall and cover these men and women with prayers. Thank you.
Tammie Head Quotes
- When we are desperate, we become willing to listen to whatever God says.
- God considers the lapse of time between slavery and freedom critical.
- Sometimes life isn’t working because God is stirring a holy dissatisfaction.
- Every hunger begins and ends with the sufficiency of Christ.
- Eat more bread by consuming larger doses of God’s Word.
- The blood of Jesus covers us with the rich approval of God.
- Satan, the ultimate accuser, uses our feelings of guilt to distance us from God.
For Next Week
- Read Week Three in the workbook
- Watch the Duty or Delight Videos (Look under Support Materials at bottom of page)
- Join our Womens Bible Cafe Chat on Facebook
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- Remember a season when God did not take you down an easier route. What lessons might you have missed if given a quicker and easier path? (page 41 )
- Why do we seek approval even though we already have it from Jesus?
- How do you feel about the massive rejection God set Himself up for? (page 49 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.