We’re at the end of our journey on week six of Stepping Up Through the Psalms of Ascent with Beth Moore. What an amazing journey as we walked through the Psalms, verse by verse, over the past six weeks of our lives. I thought Beth summarized it perfectly when she wrote “God not only speaks in words not openly obvious, but He also responds to many of the things we say to Him through our bibles.” The more I participate in bible study, the closer I find my walk of faith. He speaks through scripture verses, even today. The right verse, the right Psalm and the timing of His Word are always right on track- if we take time….pause…and listen. I commend each of you for doing this during the past six weeks of your study. As we walked through the Psalms, we saw that the sojurner’s journey begins with excitement, is challenged by emotion, and results in a personal relationship with God. Knowing this, I hope you will continue to grow and explore scripture. “Though we may not fully realize what God has sown in our lives until a future harvest, the powerful nature of His Word can make a few accomplishments rapidly recognizable,” writes Beth. Look back over your journey and praise Him for His presence. Beth ends the study by writing “God’s nature is to give, and it’s time to bring His gifts home.” I pray that you will continue to be blessed by His presence, and two-way conversations with God during your next bible study.
Our Prayer Wall is filling up, so please print the page, place a copy in your workbook and pray for these women who are asking for your help. The best way to print the page is to copy and past the prayers into a Word document. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Beth Moore Quotes
- Our finite minds simply cannot grasp God’s infinite ways of answering prayer.
- Family is ordinarily acquired rather than chosen.
- God chose our family even if we didn’t.
- God often uses other people as the chisel to carve true integrity into our rough personalities.
- Every majority begins with just one contagious person.
- Psalms are for real people with real problems.
For Next Week
- Please register for one of our new studies staring April 25: Breaking Free by Beth Moore or No Other Gods by Kelly Minter
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- On page 156 Beth Moore writes “God doesn’t just want us to be happy, He wants us to be useful.” Have you discovered this to be true?
- Reflect on your own experience of going down on the ground before each bible study lesson. How did this affect you? (page 167 )
- Which of the 15 Psalms spoke most clearly to you and why. (page 168 )
- Would you recommend Stepping Up Through the Psalms of Ascent to a friend? Why or why not.