We’re almost at the end of our journey as we completed week five of Stepping Up Through the Psalms of Ascent with Beth Moore. We have one more week to complete our Psalms of Ascent, then we’ll take a break and move into No Other Gods by Kelly Minter or Breaking Free by Beth Moore. I hope you are enjoying the study as much as I am! This week our study focused on having hope in the Lord, as we examined Psalm 130,131 and the beginning of 132. We learned that the Lord does not keep a record of debt, so we need not worry about spiritual foreclosure. We’ve all sinned…and as Beth points out, often we ourselves are the ones keeping a storage closet of debts. “Self-condemnation does not honor God,” she writes. Stop reading and ask yourself if you are living in self-condemnation, or freedom from debts.
On day three of the study, we explored pride and arrogance from a biblical perspective. Beth Moore explained a line of distinction and the concept of neurotic dependency. She reminded us through scripture verses that God carries us, He births us, He upholds us from the time we are born, He nourishes us, and He comforts us. (page 136 ) As Beth beautifully said “The older I get, the more I like thinking of myself as God’s child.” Remember yourself as His child, Daughter of the King.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15 NIV
Our Prayer Wall has many requests, so please print the page, place a copy in your workbook and pray for these women who are asking for your help. The best way to print the page is to copy and past the prayers into a Word document. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Beth Moore Quotes
- Faith means believing much more than God exists. Even the demons believe that about Him.
- The more our enemy takes us captive, the more we distance ourselves from healthy people.
- Self-condemnation does not honor God.
- God is not the one keeping the record. You are.
- Satan’s native language is deception.
- We don’t cure arrogance by becoming victims.
- The older I get, the more I like thinking of myself as God’s child.
This Week’s Scripture Verse
Continue memorize Psalm 121, write each verse on an index card and start memorize it as Beth recommend on page 22 of your workbook.
For Next Week
- Read Week Six in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Six Audio or Session Six Video (optional)
- Please register for one of our new studies staring April 25: Breaking Free by Beth Moore or No Other Gods by Kelly Minter
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
- What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 )
- Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (page 134 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.