Stepping Up Week 5: My Hope Is In The Lord

We’re almost at the end of our journey as we completed week five of Stepping Up Through the Psalms of Ascent with Beth Moore. We have one more week to complete our Psalms of Ascent, then we’ll take a break and move into No Other Gods by Kelly Minter or Breaking Free by Beth Moore. I hope you are enjoying the study as much as I am! This week our study focused on having hope in the Lord, as we examined Psalm 130,131 and the beginning of 132. We learned that the Lord does not keep a record of debt, so we need not worry about spiritual foreclosure. We’ve all sinned…and as Beth points out, often we ourselves are the ones keeping a storage closet of debts. “Self-condemnation does not honor God,” she writes. Stop reading and ask yourself if you are living in self-condemnation, or freedom from debts.

On day three of the study, we explored pride and arrogance from a biblical perspective. Beth Moore explained a line of distinction and the concept of neurotic dependency.  She reminded us through scripture verses that God carries us, He births us, He upholds us from the time we are born, He nourishes us, and He comforts us. (page 136 )  As Beth beautifully said “The older I get, the more I like thinking of myself as God’s child.” Remember yourself as His child, Daughter of the King.

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15 NIV

Our Prayer Wall has many requests, so please print the page, place a copy in your workbook and pray for these women who are asking for your help. The best way to print the page is to copy and past the prayers into a Word document. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.

Beth Moore Quotes

• Faith means believing much more than God exists. Even the demons believe that about Him.
  • The more our enemy takes us captive, the more we distance ourselves from healthy people.
  • Self-condemnation does not honor God.
  • God is not the one keeping the record. You are.
  • Satan’s native language is deception.
  • We don’t cure arrogance by becoming victims.
  • The older I get, the more I like thinking of myself as God’s child.

This Week’s Scripture Verse

Continue memorize Psalm 121, write each verse on an index card and start memorize it as Beth recommend on page 22 of your workbook.

• Read Week Six in the workbook
  • Listen to the Session Six Audio or Session Six Video (optional)
  • Please register for one of our new studies staring April 25: Breaking Free by Beth Moore or No Other Gods by Kelly Minter

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
  4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

• Jennifer D says:

4) Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    a) eugenes patterson–very interesting, gives a different thought process about the psalm.
    b) love psalm 131–short but to the point

• Carin says:

What does full redemption mean to me?
    That all I have to do is call out to him. He listens but I have to be patient as it is his timing when he answers. He always wants us to trust. You never know how he is going to answer it. When he does he makes it VERY well known it is him!

Why does God hate pride in my life?
    It is self righteous. It is NOT a fruit of the spirit and it does not give any Glory to God at all.

Favorite moment~This below is a perfect example of how God to talks to us by being in his word daily.

The story about the ark of the covenant (page 141/142). To want something so badly that you just do it your way without consulting God or reading scripture for guidance.
    I recently had an opportunity to borrow money because our paychecks were delayed at my other job. Without going into that story I agreed to borrow it interest free. When I got home it bothered me as I really didn’t need to borrow that money but the interest free was appealing and mortgage was due. We had the money in savings for emergencies and I felt lead that this was an emergency and i know that I should not borrow money especially if we really don’t need to. The Ark of the Covenant was my reading the following day after a strange money dream that I woke up to. I usually don’t remember my dreams but this one was so strange that I knew it was related to the borrowing of the money. Luckily the check is a hand given check and I will give it back.

1.What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
    He didnt just half do it… There is no such thing as “partial” forgiveness or “partial” grace.
    Arrogance seperates an individual from being completely reliant on God. It also keeps them from truly loving their neighbor as God does, and God is about people.
    3.Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (p) Poorly. I tend to go into questioning mode- Why? I am uncomfortable with others in their grief. I dont know what to say- as Beth said, that’s probably the best thing to do, just admit that you dont have any words- but I am very uncomfortable in the silence. I feel awkward!
    4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    I am running behind, as always. I completed days 3, 4, and 5 today. They really resonated with me. I just have to share, we had a youth rally last night for the four counties closest to me. Again, I live in a very rural area, so the populations of these four counties combined are somewhere around 30,000 people. At this youth rally, we had nearly 2500 individuals attend, and I don’t know how many young people came forward to give their lives for Christ. I helped seat people so I was sitting at the very top of the gymnasium. As I sat there and watched all those teenagers walk forward last night, knowing that so many of them are facing challenges and hurdles in their life, and as my little sister told me that today they had a prayer group at her school with 52 students, (population of school is probably around 600), I know God is real. I felt Him so strongly last night and my spirit has been renewed as well. I also liked reading about David bidding God to come live in His dwelling place. I wrote… Lord, that’s me. I’m Your dwelling place! Come, fill me!
    Sorry to go on and on but just wanted to share some good news! =)

“Arrogance separates an individual from being completely reliant on God. It also keeps them from truly loving their neighbor as God does, and God is about people.” -Amen!

What a wonderful story of the youth rally! Thank you for sharing it with us and I pray you continue to be a dwelling place for people to see Jesus in you.

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place. 1 Chronicles 16:27 NIV

• Jackie says:

I think it is a beautiful thing the way the truth of the Bible is being revealed and unearthed in modern times. It gives me chills to read about these very things in the Bible, and then have them “confirmed” in our times when so many think of the Bible as just a story book. These finds are so significant for the Jewish/Christian community and largely ignored by the rest of the world.

• Teddie says:

What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
    God’s full redemption means that I will receive the life that I work for and past transgressions will not hang over me.

What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 )
    1. You should never act or feel like you are better than your “family”.
    2. Leads to errors in communication with those closest to you.
    3. Causes a lot of STRESS!

I don’t think I will ever know how to deal with the questions and stress of everything. I find that most often I can calm down by listening to music and taking a bath. I try to think/talk through each question, but sometimes that makes me more upset.

You can deal with questions and stress by reaching for your bible when faced with a busload of emotions. Depending on your own heart and flesh is unhealthy, because you will filter your emotions through past experiences or family influences. You are a Daughter of the King and He wrote the book for you as a resource when faced with something that cannot be answered. A bath, music and people or past memories will not calm you in a crisis, only Jesus will. Start memorizing scripture verses. Prepare yourself in advance, so you are not struggling for verses when faced with a spiritual attack. Recommend the book The Invisible War by Chip Ingram.

• Janet says:

1.What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )That the past is DONE/overwith….LET IT GO!!!
    2.What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 )Conceted, act better than others, don’t help certain poeple.
    3.Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (page 134 )
    Sometimes I just have to let it go…I know seems simple but a must in my life because if I don’t I will turn to eating during my comfusing times.

You have to give it over to God and His will. It’s trusting God’s will over yours. Throughout life, He will give us many opportunities to trust Him.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

• Anita Neufeld says:

1. I am saved, no matter what!
    2. I think it prevents me from listening to God’s leading in situations, I always think I have the right thing to say, throwing a shadow on His light! It damages my relationships, thinking I am better than others. It keeps me from intimacy with God. 3.I deal with these questions in different ways at different times. Sometimes I am angry and asking why? Sometimes I doubt, certain things can shake my faith. But through these emotions, I have come out learning a new truth about God and it strengthens me. Most of the time, I try to put the things I don’t understand in a faith-place…this is not the world we are meant for, we are only passing through.
    4.I really learned alot from Psalm 130, God has been revealing to me little by little through this study some of the places I have been deceived…at the beginning it was buying into the world’s lies. This psalm revealed how Satan has been using the fact that my life has departed from the ‘Christian’ ideal of family to keep me from full restoration, I felt that I would only ever have partial fullness. I believed the lies. I am still processing this, but I am going to wait and cling to His Word as truth and my hope.

“I try to put the things I don’t understand in a faith-place…this is not the world we are meant for, we are only passing through.” I love this!

• Amy Cunningham says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 ) My husband and I had a heated debate about redemption this weekend. He told me he feels like he falls short of what God wants for him and he doesn’t set a good example for our boys. I told him God loves us and Christ paid the ultimate price for our sins. We are completely debt free if we ask for forgiveness. His response was forgiveness is all good but when he gets to heaven he is going to have to answer for the things he has done here on earth. He just couldn’t understand that no matter what we do God will always love us and when we ask for forgiveness we are set free. I think there is a responsibility which comes along with that freedom, but God will always loves us no matter what we do. For me this Psalm was the best part of this week. Realizing that I am fully redeemed by Christ but left on my own accord I will always fall short of the glory of God. However, through Christ the ultimate price was paid for me because all my sins are left on the cross. How amazingly awesome!
    1. Pride takes away from the glory of god.
    2. If you are prideful you are not humble.
    3. Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (page 134 ) Someone once told me God answers prayers in three ways, yes, not right now, and no I have something better in store for you. That answer really helped me through a time period in my life. The answer I received was I have something better in store for you and it was right. God is wonderful!

There is an ongoing debate in many religions about this: “when he gets to heaven he is going to have to answer for the things he has done here on earth.” Tell your husband to turn to scripture and find the answer himself, then let the Holy Spirit speak into his heart.

“Someone once told me God answers prayers in three ways, yes, not right now, and no I have something better in store for you” Sounds like what a parent would say!

• Molly J says:

I only have one way…I keep quiet (the best I can) and just pray. The more I’m at the feet of Christ the more I’ll know. Either He’ll give me the answer or He’ll keep my mouth shut. LOL! All that matters is that the answer or lack thereof comes from Him and not me.

Questions without answers are opportunities to pray.

You sound like you practice “vertical thinking” when you look UP for answers. “Horizontal thinking” is when we look across to other people and things for answers and guidance.

• Stephanie G. says:

Full Redemption!! I am forgiven completely. No question. As hard as it is for me sometimes to understand why and how God would or even could love me so much, I am so very very thankful that he does.

I won’t bore you all with my whole Psalm 130 but this is just a few lines from mine.

I cry to you Lord from my pain and despair
    Oh please hear my cry Lord
    Let me rest in your care

My hope is in the Lord who sends me mercy from above
    He gives me FULL redemption and His unfailing love.

As for my favorite moment; well, it isn’t actually from the study itself but the words to me from Christine and Lauren last week meant so very much. I have been having a rough couple of weeks and you will probably never know this side of heaven, how very much they helped me. As I read the words, with tears streaming down my face, “He loves you”, “He forgives you”. I got down on my knees and I thanked Him, not only for loving me and forgiving me but for leading me to this study and this group of women with a heart like his. I am looking forward to the Breaking Free study and I am half way through Chip Ingram’s book “The Invisible War”. The book is wonderful and I am so glad you suggested it. Thank you Ladies!!! You are Awesome!!

Thank you for sharing your heart, it’s what makes the Womens Bible Cafe so effective! May God’s grace continue to heal your heart and may you always wear the crown of Life engraved with the word “HIS.”

I love your Psalm 130! =)

• Monica says:

1.What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
    When I first read the study from day two I thought that God’s full redemption meant that God would return to you everything you lost and more. However, as I continued to read through the study I realized that God’s full redemption is not about earthly things. It is about God’s forgiveness and undying love for us. Although we have done nothing to deserve it, God offers us full forgiveness for our sins.

a) Pride makes you think you are better than others
    b) Pride causes you to believe that you can accomplish greatness on your own.
    c) Pride lacks humbleness.

No, I am still working on that. Day by day I find myself trusting and believing more and more in the promises of God’s Word.

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    My favorite moment from this week’s study was on day four when we reviewed the specific ways that God parents us. Isiah 46:3-4 “borne by me from before your birth, carried from the wombs” spoke to my soul. It helps me to remember that God has a plan for my life, that I am special, and that I have a purpose. For me the most important thing right now is to travel this journey in hopes, prayers, and desires that God reveals His plans and purpose for my life. I know that I am purposefully and wonderfully made and I just want to honor God by becoming the person that He has made me and molded me to be.

“God’s full redemption is not about earthly things.” Right! It’s about supernatural grace.

“I just want to honor God by becoming the person that He has made me and molded me to be.” -Amen!

• Ann M. says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )It means that what I have failed at in my own strength can be repaired and made perfect through Christ. It leaves me hopeful especially regarding relationships where I have been overly controlling and demanding.
    2. What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 ) I listed two in my workbook. Pride does not make for an effective witness & pride gets in the way of God blessing us.
    3. Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (page 134 )In my twenties, I could have been described as a Sunday Christian. I wasn’t seeking God because I knew the answers I was suppose to give. Then my first child died as a newborn and I had a conversation one day with God. I accused him of not knowing how “this” felt. Instantly the answer came, “yes, I do. My son died too, for you”. The pain didn’t go away in that instant but when ever I face something I do not understand, my thoughts go back to that day. I am reminded that I may not know, but God does know. Nothing escapes his vision, or plan. I can honestly bring my questions to him and he will hear me. Leaving it in God’s hands and trusting him is how I deal with unthinkable questions.
    4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. Psalm 131 was very precious to me. There is an issue I know I should submit to my husband’s authority but I have fought it for almost 30 years. I’ve marked the pages regarding Psalm 131 and want to go back and meditate on them some more.

“what I have failed at in my own strength can be repaired and made perfect through Christ. ” Supernatural Grace!

God knows your pain and you both have sons in Heaven. You are a witness to that pain here on earth, and your story reveals God’s compassion. It sounds like you are in dialogue with God. Are you writing this down in a journal? Sarah Young did this in her devotional called “Jesus Calling.” Some women are writing blogs about their conversations with God, others are keeping their intimacy with Him. Have you read the book One thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp? Highly recommended!

• Debby says:

3. I wish I could say that I easily deal with questions that seem to have no answers. It really depends on where I am with God at the time and what the question is. There are times that I truly can let things go and trust God and then there are times that I hold back and continue to worry. I hope it will get easier to let things go to God as I continue my walk with Him.

You struggle with unbelief, and I recognize this because it was a struggle for me too. I would read scripture, attend church, listen to Christian music…yet through bible study I was able to see that I still had tiny bits of unbelief floating around in my heart. In the Breaking Free study, we discuss how each of us has some unbelief and we learn to identify it and release it so it does not become a stronghold in our lives. Ironically, I completed the study Believing God (about faith) and the Holy Spirit STILL convicted me of unbelief when I read Breaking Free. I suppose bible study is not something we “try once” or “finish the study and now I’m a good bible study girl.” It’s something we do on a daily and ongoing basis, because the Holy Spirit is always speaking to us when we do.

• Janice says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )It means allowing God to use our story to help others.

2. What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 )Pride means looking to ourself instead of looking to God.

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. “Scripture is for how we do life!” (pg.131)Everything about the Word is relevant to our lives. “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1

“Full redemption means allowing God to use our story to help others.” I’m glad you said that Janice, because it’s currently where my feet are placed!

Pride is looking at ourselves, or other people, our situation, or things. All these can sit on the throne and knock God off of it. We’ll learn more about this in Breaking Free. We can wear our past sin as pride! “My sin was so horrible, Jesus could NEVER have cleaned that mess!’ It’s pride. Illness can also become pride. When I was on my prodigal run, I put my boyfriends on the throne and had no room for God in my life. I’m thankful I heard His voice and He is back in the throne and the center of my life. 🙂

1. Knowing that God has fully forgiven me of all of my sins. That I have truely repentanted. I am a child of God…..we all are His Daughters.

2. ego’s get the better of us so that breeds arrogance, arrogance breeds fighting, pride would bring about arrogance. Not sure if I really understood the question.

3. Poorly, and with God’s grace, I let Him show me what to say at times like this. Praise God He is always there for us.

4. Knowing that He is always there for us.

If you did not understand the question, it may be a good idea to go back and re-read this section in your workbook. Why does God hate pride in YOUR life….when you answered the question you looked at other people. We’re going to visit pride in the Breaking Free bible study starting April 25. pride is when we place another person on the throne, where God belongs. Sometimes that person is us, a boyfriend or spouse, an illness, a past sin…many things can become pride in our hearts and Satan uses that from the beginning of time when he tempted Eve with the tasty apple.

• Julie says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )
    When I was first baptized, I immediately said “I’m brand new.” Now I know that, although I am still a sinner, no matter what mistakes I make in life, God will always take me back. He will never reject me because of something I have done. When I repent to Him, he forgives me and opens his loving arms to me.
    If I am focused on myself, I am not focused on God and I am not giving God the glory when I accomplish something. When I am proud, I think that I can handle my problems on my own, so I don’t look to God for help. If I think I am better than someone else, I am less likely to help that person because I am looking down on them instead of being humble and seeing that we are just the same, as God’s children.
    After repeatedly asking God why something terrible has happened, I try to remember that it is all in God’s plan and He has a reason that we are not privy to. I don’t believe that he causes bad things to happen, but I do think that he allows them sometimes. I think sometimes we have to go through difficult times to become the people we are meant to be or for certain things to happen in others’ lives that we may not be aware of. We don’t have to have all the answers–God does, and He knows what he is doing. I have to trust that.

You said “sometimes we have to go through difficult times to become the people we are meant to be or for certain things to happen in others’ lives that we may not be aware of.” I say “Amen to that!” I’ve experienced this more than once. During one crisis, I remember the Lord speaking into my heart and specifically telling me the crisis was part of a larger picture, and I would not see it for years to come. I needed to trust Him during my pain (which I did) and trust Him with the outcome. When I prayed and the Lord asked me to forgive the person who injured my family, He wanted me to let go of the anger because it would poison me.

• Yvette says:

My favorite time with the study is realizing we can completely depend on God like children do their parents. Even with things that seem silly to talk to Him about, we can go to Him anyway. amen.

God has a sense of humor. I was raised to “fear the Lord” and never treated Him as Abba (Daddy) because I was so afraid of Him. If I did wrong, I would hide in my sin and fear going to hell as my punishment. Now, after years of bible study, I know that God is our loving Father, and we can come to Him with our fears, our broken hearts, our sin, and our joy. He loves us as children.

• Carolyn says:

1. All of my past transgressions are forgiven if I’m fully repentant.

2. Because our human accomplishments are made possible through Him, not from our human self (I only listed one).

3. I considered this question as if the situation was happening to someone else, rather than to me personally. In response, I wrote: I offer sympathy and my time to do anything to lessen that individual’s burden. I also pray for God to heal that individual’s wounds.

4. My favorite moment from this week’s study is the ah-ha moment I had while writing my psalm. “Lord, help me to be more child-like in my walk with you. Give me the eyes and heart of a child so that I may marvel at your wonder.”

Our past transgressions are forgiven if we believe that Jesus died for us, and not for everyone else in the world. We cling to our sins and believe they are so horrible, we can never be forgiven unless we perform certain acts, say specific words, or do something specific. Our transgressions were forgiven when they were nailed to the cross, through the hands and feet of Jesus. Jesus did not die just because we cussed at someone, ignored a religious custom, or gossiped. Jesus died because our sin was so great, He had to wash it away with His blood, not ours. The Holy Spirit will convict you to repent, however you need to open your heart to forgiveness and let go of the sin or it becomes a stronghold over you. Scripture is written for you personally, not for someone else. You are God’s daughter, and He wrote these words as His love letter for you. Satan, the father of lies, will try to convince you otherwise. Claim the Word as a gift from your Father.

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? To me it means the Lord has removed the shadow of my pain and replaced it with His glory and beauty. All debts are paid.

2. What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? Because arrogance breeds quarrels, arrogance blinds us and arrogance is a weapon of Satan.

3. Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. I know God has a purpose and a plan (Romans 8:28 and Jeremiah 29:11 )and do I deal with questions that seem to have no human answer by opening my heart to God, praying, and trusting Him with the outcome. Lazarus Awake!

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.I enjoyed the entire week, and most memorable was the quote by Eugene Peterson on page 135.

• Lisa H says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 )

I am humbled that God chose me to be His child. My life was a 100% complete mess. Even though I was “the seeds that fell on the rocks” after I was baptized, I still “knew” there was stuff I shouldn’t be doing. Some of it I still did, but the guilt was horrible (remember I grew up with the guilt – I didn’t know anything else). Eventually the guilt made me stop. And then, by His grace alone, I was able to really learn about Him and know how I was supposed to be, how He loved me anyway. In some ways I’m still experiencing this in different things as they come up.

* Pride is one of the main emotions of the devil.
    * It is destructive not only to you, but to those around you because it is the opposite of love.
    * Pride keeps you separate from God.

I asked God about this. I wondered if the way I look at stuff was just me being closed off (meaning I need some serious help), or if my outlook was truly rooted in Him. I haven’t gotten an answer yet, but maybe its for another time.

I think questions that have no answer really do have an answer. We just have a hard time accepting what that answer is because we have to “know” everything. Jesus told the disciples that there are some things you will be told, and some things you will not be told. There are mysteries that God is keeping until a certain time. That we must have faith. I think that is the answer.

When we see the tragedies that have befallen human life around the world (and close to home) we wonder why God let it to happen. People blame God for all kinds of stuff He hasn’t done. He can not create evil or bad things. That is stated a bunch of times in scripture. God does however “allow” things to happen so that He can make a thing meant for evil to be good. Also, during a time such as this, Jesus has His winnowing fork and is sifting through those affected to see who is His and those who are not. Does it make sense to us? Probably not. Does God know what He is doing? Absolutely. That is what we need to remember. He knows what He is doing and our responsibility is to accept that on faith. To understand now is not the time for us to “know” what the reason is.

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

Honestly, finishing the study in the 5 days its set out for 🙂
    Another thing was that Beth made a comment on page 123 that I marked that describes isolation. It made me understand something in my mom that makes taking care of her, and praying for her, easier.

Sending Peace & Blessings your way …

You are growing spiritually and will have many questions, even starting to doubt ideas you’ve held for a long time. This is the work of the Holy Spirit in you, peeling you one thin layer at a time. The Spirit does not grab into your heart, cut out something, and then convict you. He slowly and over time peels back layers and layers of your past, opens them for your personal dissection, and then gives you a new perspective on what needs to stay inside your heart and what you need to let go. You have the mind-knowledge of Christ, and through bible study you are experiencing the heart-knowledge of Christ. The pages of scripture are being applied to your past and present life and it becomes a Living Bible, not a 2,000 year old book. We do not need to know everything, as the Pharisees did. We need to know the love God has for His children, and we learn that as we spend each day in bible study.

• Maureen says:

1. What does God’s full redemption mean to you today? (page 127 ) I feel conviction about this concept of full redemption. I wonder if I do not believe in my heart that God has fully redeemed me (others yes, but me?). God says it, so I know it is true, but still I think I might be believing the lie that I although I am forgiven I am not redeemed. I wrote in my notes: the bad must be used for good.
    2. What are three reasons why you think God hates pride in your life? (page 132 ) My pride causes me to rely on myself instead of my God and it is not loving towards other people.
    3. Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? If so, please share it. (page 134 ) Reminding myself that God’s ways are not my ways and that He knows everything—whereas I make assumptions about things and am often wrong in my assumptions.
    4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. God is unfailing love and full redemption.

You are growing spiritually and that is why you’re convicted of this. Fully redeemed, not just other people redeemed. Continue in bible study and you will go through the God-steps necessary to claim your victory. I saw myself wearing a hidden sackcloth, and through I knew intellectually I had been forgiven, I was still carrying the load of my sin. At some point I finally understood it dishonors Jesus to wear the sackcloth. The Breaking Free study helped me realize this.

• Maureen says:

3. Have you found a good way to deal with the questions that seem to have no answers? I don’t know if its a good way or not, but for me to deal with those questions, I just have to stop asking them and questioning God on them and start TRUSTING Him instead. These last couple of weeks have been super difficult and stressing and I actually found myself at a point where I had to just stop and say, OK God. I’m trusting in you for the answers. It’s actually amazing how stress seems to lift when I let them go.

I’m in a similar place, where I no longer ask “why?” and I simply move forward in faith, knowing the end of my pilgrimage will result in something God has planned. My walk has not always been easy- and when it involves one of my children it involves much pain- yet in the pain I know Jesus is present and my children are protected by Him.