One and Only Week 10: The Risen Hope

We’ve just finished our ten-week study of Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore. During the past ten weeks together, we’ve examined the life of our Savior as we read through the chapters of Luke. Beth Moore left no stone unturned as she walked us through the pages of scripture. We glimpsed the life of Jesus from those who loved him and those who hated him; from the angels to the devil. We explored the hem of his garment, to the empty tomb and walked with our Prince as we followed His teachings. Our study ended with a proclamation: Jesus is the One and Only, as proven by fact.

We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.

Beth Moore Quotes

• Those who believe have all the proof we need.
  • With every pound of the hammer, God was nailing down redemption.
  • The cross itself had no power, neither was it meant to be an idol.
  • To bear the sin, Jesus also had to bear the separation.
  • Trained in carpentry, Jesus rebuilt lives and raised the dead, then succumbed to a hammer and nails.
  • If Christ has your heart, he will have your obedience.
  • Serve God with contagious joy.
  • Jesus Christ walked the way of humanity so humanity could walk the way of God.

This Week’s Scripture Verse-NIV

Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. John 14:21 NIV

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30 NIV

I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16 NIV

• Go back and listen to the audio or video sessions for this study, as a review of each week’s lesson.
  • Sign-up for our next study Stepping Up a six-week study beginning on Feb 28

1. How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49? (page 233 )
  2. What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?
  3. Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?

• Carin says:

Ok, I am finished and ready for the next study.

Just answering #2 and #3 questions.

I enjoyed all the lessons as each has a part of teaching us about our lord Jesus Christ. I would recommend this book to anyone that is searching to learn about Christ. The great thing is that if something comes up I can reference back to some of the pages and read my notes too. I recently referenced some things from the last study “fruits of the spirit”. My husband was struggling with something and I pulled some things from that book. I had my notes, Beth’s notes and scripture to back everything up! It was awesome…

The lesson I most enjoyed (which I referenced last) was about the last supper. Realizing that wine was a big part of the last supper. Being in the industry I am on a mission to teach responsible tasting and education (being a Christian). I think today’s world has changed most Christian perspectives on wine as being alcohol that people get drunk on. Tasting rooms are designed with the intent for people to come in and “taste” wine with the intent to purchase to enjoy with a meal later. I have noticed that a lot of people come in “drink, not taste” and don’t purchase. That bothers me…So stayed tuned someday I may share that I have a blog! Tasting and spitting is in!!

I’m looking forward to your lessons from the “Winemakers Daughter” aka Daughter of the King. Why not start a blog? If you need help creating one, ask me and I’ll teach you. It’s free and simple using WordPress.com

• Carin says:

Oh, my goodness! I LOVE IT! I will let you know if I need help! I love the name!! Another confirmation…..

Thank you so much!

1. How would you title and subtitle Luke 24: 36-49?

It is Finished…..Believe

2. I felt as if I was there witnessing it all in person, and walking with Jesus down the road as a invisble person….going through all He had to suffer for us. I still do not KNOW NOW HE INDURED IT ALL. Do you???? And for an unworthy person such as I. Praise His mighty name.

3. I would recommend this study to most everyone, new Christians and old alike. This was a wonderful study and someday I would like to redo it and see how much my answers have changed.

Thanks again Christine for opening my eyes to the the wonder and love of our Lord. Blessings to you always. You are a true and faithful servant of our Lord, serving Him with JOY and LOVE in your heart. I can imagine Him smiling down on you and saying ” Well done my faithful daughter.”

1.How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49? (page 233 )
    It’s me: Believe It…
    2.What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?
    This study has been terrific. I especially loved week 10… I had dreaded reading it because I knew it would be emotional, but visiting the cross and thinking of how He suffered really opened my eyes. It really hit me that He died for me… and would have done it just for me. As I was reading about Him saying “Forgive them” from the cross, I realized it wasn’t just the religious leaders. He was literally taking all of the sin, past present and future, and asking God to forgive it. I wrote in my margin, “Father, forgive them… not just those who cried crucifiy me. NOt just those who mocked and scorned me. Not the religious leaders who baited me in or Judas who betrayed me. Not my disciples who loved me but deserted me anyway. not the soldier who drove the nails. But them… the future. Lauren… and everyone else… I’m paying for their sins now, taking them on and paying the price. Forgive them EVEN BEFORE THEY SIN… that’s how much He loved us. He knew we woudl fall short… but he LOVES US ANYWAY!!!I loved how Beth brought us right to the different places.
    3.Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?
    Definitely! This study puts His sacrifices into perspective and helps us understand just how much He loves us… for who we are.
    Thanks for having this forum. I so enjoy reading what others say. Looking forward to Stepping Up! =)

• michelle g says:

1. THe Messiah returns as KING
    Lord, Saviour, Creator made known to all

I have and will recommend this study.. With falling behind and struggling to catch up I can’t believe its over and more than two months have passed.

There is something I have taken from each week however a couple of things really struck with me. This whole study had me really seek to connect with the scriptures and who JESUS is and how he lived through the sounds, sights, and emotions of the time..using all the senses to connect on a level I never connected at before. This study focused on a deeper relationship with Christ. Beth shared on one of her videos a story of her daughter wanting to know Christ more intimately and she said told her to keep at it because it takes time. Daily time developing and growing the relationship. How true. Any good really deep intimate relationship develops over time with effort. Passion and intimacy with Christ can be had by ANYONE even me. This last week Beth mentioned the difference between a deep relationship versus some quick “popcorn prayers” Ouch. How often have I said my quick prayers, read a little scripture and crossed that off my list for the day. What kind of relationship is that? Surface at best. This was so good for me and as I looked back at my prayer written on the inside cover from over 6 weeks ago I feel that my prayers have been answered and I am on a much better path in deepening and widening my love relationship with my Saviour.

1. How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49?

The Truth Witnessed : Spread the Word

2. What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?

I really enjoyed how this study taught me to become an eyewitness to what I was reading. When I slow down and really try to picture or become a part of what I’m reading the words just jump off the page now. I love it!

3.Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?

I would definitely recommend this study to a friend (and even to an enemy!) Hehe. You will not only grow in knowledge but be changed as well. An awesome study!

• Judee Baysinger says:

Would I recommend this? Oh yes, if you are new to the faith or an old timer, this study offers something for everyone. Beth does her usual great job of bringing Jesus’ ministry to life in front of your eyes. I used half a box of kleenx of just the last lesson. Every time I read the story of our LORD I weep with tears of joy and thankfulness. Thank you for offering this wonderful look into the life of our Saviour.
    In Christ

• Mindy says:

How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49? (page 233 )
    I titled it “It is Done; Jesus Prevails.”

What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?
    Wow – I don’t know where to begin. This study has been incredible. I have learned so much, had so many insights, and besides the developments in my personal relationship with Jesus, I also am so thankful to each of you who hung in there in your commitment to this study and to each other. This study has blessed my life in numerous ways and I’m grateful.

Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?
    Absolutely. Beth really gets you thinking about things you may not have noticed before in the scriptures, she helps you see this journey of our Saviour so clearly and you really do walk through the days of Jesus in a way that will leave you changed. I’d do this study again and would imagine I’d gain even more from it. It’s incredible. Thank you.

• Marietta says:

1.How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49? (page 233 )

“I told you how it would be” and “See the scars and believe”

2.What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?

I loved the moments when Beth Moore asked if we noticed something in the scene that we had not noticed before. Every time I did notice something new. I love how reading the bible is again and again a new revelation or a new consolation or a new lesson. God’s word is so full that we can only grasp a bit of it each time we go through. That makes it so important to keep reading and studying. It’s a very exciting adventure into Truth.

3.Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?

I would definitely recomnmend this study to a friend. The material is rich and so important to our belief and trust in Christ.

• Magaly says:

■If Christ has your heart, he will have your obedience

I loved this! Any study on Jesus is amazing because HE’s amazing!! I really can’t pick just one lesson that I most enjoyed. From Birth to the Cross it truly is THE MOST AMAZING STORY EVER TOLD!

What has always touched my heart (probably because it’s one of my hardest issues) is how he suffered so much without retaliating. Mind you, I’m not hateful but I turn into tigress when you mess with me or mine…thank God He’s put me under leaders whom fight in the SPIRIT and NOT in the flesh…think He knew I had issues??? (ha!ha!)

I would definately recommend this study and any study by Beth Moore, her love for our Jesus is evident in every word that she writes and it’s contagious so watch out!!!