We’ve just finished our ten-week study of Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore. During the past ten weeks together, we’ve examined the life of our Savior as we read through the chapters of Luke. Beth Moore left no stone unturned as she walked us through the pages of scripture. We glimpsed the life of Jesus from those who loved him and those who hated him; from the angels to the devil. We explored the hem of his garment, to the empty tomb and walked with our Prince as we followed His teachings. Our study ended with a proclamation: Jesus is the One and Only, as proven by fact.
We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Beth Moore Quotes
- Those who believe have all the proof we need.
- With every pound of the hammer, God was nailing down redemption.
- The cross itself had no power, neither was it meant to be an idol.
- To bear the sin, Jesus also had to bear the separation.
- Trained in carpentry, Jesus rebuilt lives and raised the dead, then succumbed to a hammer and nails.
- If Christ has your heart, he will have your obedience.
- Serve God with contagious joy.
- Jesus Christ walked the way of humanity so humanity could walk the way of God.
This Week’s Scripture Verse-NIV
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them. John 14:21 NIV
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30 NIV
I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16 NIV
For Next Week
- Go back and listen to the audio or video sessions for this study, as a review of each week’s lesson.
- Sign-up for our next study Stepping Up a six-week study beginning on Feb 28
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How would you title and subtitle Luke 24:36-49? (page 233 )
- What lesson or lessons did you enjoy most during our ten-week study?
- Would you recommend Jesus the One and Only to a friend? Why?