On week six of Me, Myself and Lies we examined thought closet lies and relabeled them with truth. Many of these lies were rooted in childhood or past relationships, and not rooted in God. As Jennifer reminded us, we had our hope in the wrong place. Be careful not to replace hope with people, money, things and self. Only God should be seated on the throne, the center of HOPE. Pay attention to the color of your thought closet wardrobe and view your reflection through His Word as your wardrobe mirror. Now that you’ve cleaned the closet, pay attention to the junk that clutters it and remember to deal with your clutter instead of hiding it in the back of the closet. Move on, move forward, and move with God near your side.
Congratulations on your perseverance, you’ve just completed the six-week bible study Me, Myself and Lies! Celebrate your achievement by sharing your experience and new wisdom with others. Talk about your lessons with your mom, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, grandma or coworker. The bible wasn’t written so we could read it silently. It was written so we could be a witness to His Living Word. Join us in a study of Psalms starting Feb 28, 2011 as we read Stepping Up A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore. It’s a six-week study that will conclude right before Easter. We looked at several verses from Psalms this last week of study, so the Beth Moore study will be a nice transition after our Jennifer Rothschild study. More than 100 women have already registered-Join us!
I have been honored to study with each of you and treasure your participation in this online bible study. Thank you for giving me your valuable time, and for encouraging me with your words. I pray you will stay in fellowship and continue to participate in future studies here at the Womens Bible Cafe. I welcome your feedback or suggestions for improvement. One area that always troubles me is accountability- how do I manage to keep 200 women focused and on track during an individual study. Pray for me as I meet this challenge and listen for God’s direction. Thank you and God’s blessing to you all.
We’ve had many prayer needs during this past study and it has been a blessing to intercede and pray for you. Continue to post your prayer needs on the Prayer Wall. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Father, I pray that each woman who participated in this Bible study will continue to learn and grow in her faith. Shower her with your love and grace. Bring her to her knees in praise as she embraces you and honors you with her thought closet. Provide the opportunity and resources so each woman will grab your words and carry them in her heart. I thank you for guiding my words and providing the energy and time to participate as the Bible Cafe hostess. Father, your work in me has just begun and I am so deeply in love with your blessings. I am faithfully obedient to your word. Amen.
Jennifer Rothschild Quotes
- Biblical hope involves expectation and waiting.
- Placing our hope in God’s Word, His love and in Him alone makes out through closets unshakable.
- Hope will ground you, anchor you and make you unshakable.
- Smile, because your hope is in God, not your situation.
- Renewing your mind with truth is worth the battle.
- I am is not the same as I do or I feel. Your true identity will always begin with I am.
- Remind your soul to focus on the finish, not your flaws and failures.
Today at the Women’s Bible Cafe, we’re listening to Jennifer Rothschild sings Let the Words
This Week’s Scripture Verse-NASB
Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. Psalm 119:37
For Next Week
- Register for the next online study Stepping Up
- Contact Us and let us know how we can improve the next study
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- What kind of actions reveal when you feel hopeless? (page 128 )
- What colors make your thought closet and why? (page 130 )
- Jennifer writes “we invite mental laziness, spiritual sluggishness, a relaxed attitude or complacency into our thought closets.” Which of these do you need to attend to in your current season of life?
- Would you recommend Me, Myself and Lies to a friend? Why or why not.