Welcome back to our womens bible study, I am so proud of you for your effort and determination to complete this study together. We just finished reading week four of Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild and we looked eye-to-eye with the lion prowling outside our thought closets. The purpose of bible study is not to scare you with a discussion of the enemy, it’s to inform you of the enemy schemes so you are able to identify and defend yourself from a spiritual attack. Satan can prowl and throw flaming arrows at you; how you respond determines how effective he is with the attack. Keep vigilant eyes on your thought closet doors! Jennifer reminds us “when the lion roars, we hold up the shield of faith and speak truth!” On page 90 in your workbook, you found a list of 8 faith statements of truth. Write them down and bind them you your hearts (Deut 11:18 NIV).
Jennifer asks us to examine our “be” thoughts to see if they are in alignment with God (vertical thinking) or the flesh (horizontal thinking). When I completed this exercise, I saw my answers are worthy of sharing, because this is the second time I have completed this study. I assure you, the first time I filled in the answers, they did not look like this and I would not be comfortable sharing them 😉 Here is what I wrote on page 93:
What I say most often and my resulting fruit
- Be still. I bear the fruit of peace.
- Be obedient. I bear the fruit of self-control.
- Be attentive. I bear the fruit of faith.
- Be blessed. I bear the fruit of joy.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
Using these verses from Psalm 139, insert your name in the blanks and read aloud:
Search _________, O God, and know _________’s heart; Try _________ and know her anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in _________, And lead _________ in the everlasting way. Psalm 139:23-24 NASB
We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Jennifer Rothschild Quotes
- Our thought closets need daily attention to keep them as Christ intended.
- To stay spiritually alert, you can’t have a dimly lit thought closet.
- Never let the Enemy be more aware of your weakness than you are.
- Destructive, lying thoughts don’t necessarily come from within, unless you’ve already given them shelf space in your thought closet.
This Week’s Scripture Verse-NASB
The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11 NASB
The peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NASB
For Next Week
- Read Week Five in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Five Audio or Session Five Video (optional)
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How is Satan like an enemy, a lion, or a thief?
- Share one phrase from your graffiti door on page 85.
- How do you respond when God asks you to “be still?”
- Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.