We’ve just finished week nine of Jesus the One and Only, with one week left in this Beth Moore bible study. We’ve placed many miles on our sandals as we followed Jesus from his birth to his Last Supper and I’m excited to see how Beth Moore wraps up this next week. This study has been rich with content and discovery, and many times I found myself stopping the study to just sit and reflect on the words.
Using the words from 1 Peter 5:6-11 NIV insert your name in the blanks and read aloud:
Humble ________, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift ________ up in due time. Cast all ________’s anxiety on him because he cares for ________. Be alert and of sober mind. ________’s enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because ________ knows that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called ________ to his eternal glory in Christ, after ________ have suffered a little while, will himself restore ________ and make ________ strong, firm and steadfast.
We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Beth Moore Quotes
- Gods favor was about to be demonstrated through the offering of His perfect Son.
- Satan’s methodological planning counterfeits the awesome work of God.
- Anything that betrays Christ in our lives is Satan’s idea.
- Satan capitalizes on our lusts-whether for greed, power, control or sensual pleasure.
- Christ’s ultimate goal in any work He assigns to us is to reveal Himself, whether through us or to us.
- Nothing displays our self-love like a crisis.
This Week’s Scripture Verse-NIV
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. John 1:11 NIV
If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 1 Cor 10:12 NIV
God is within her, she will not fall. Psalm 46:5 NIV
For Next Week
- Read Week Ten in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Ten Audio (optional)
- OR…Listen to the Session Ten Video (optional)
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- How has Satan methodically sought to work in your life lately? (page 196)
- Jesus said “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.” Luke 22:31 NIV. What do you think this figure of speech means? (page 203)
- Have you experienced a sifting? (page 204)
- Share something you enjoyed from this week’s study.