One and Only Week 4: The Esteem of Man

What a wonderful Christmas we had, reading Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore and finding ourselves fully immersed in the life of Jesus. We’ve just finished reading week four as Beth brings the scripture to life. We imagine ourselves walking town-by-town with Jesus as he encounters various caliber of men and women. We studied what Jesus marvels over and what He chooses to ignore. Beth reminds us we are precious to Jesus, even in our frailties and our imperfection of this lifetime. each one of you matter to Him.  We need to be prepared and readily obedient to His calling.  The closer Christ comes to us, the more humble we become. Don’t let the enemy steal that joy from you! At the feet of the Savior is where I want to be. Jesus made Himself approachable to you- come to Him with your prayers and petitions- and let His love overflow into you.

As we saw in this week’s lesson, God is both sovereign and sweet. Through scripture, He demonstrates self-control, compassion, love, humility, grace, mercy and much more. My heart breaks for those who choose to ignore scripture. Reading scripture is a key to overcoming heart-doubt. We need to be in His presence daily, not just for an hour on Sunday at church.

As we read the story of the woman who poured perfume over Jesus (Luke 7:36-50)Christ never minimized her sin, He liberated her with His love.  I want to draw your attention to this one verse from Mark.

She did what she could. Mark 14:8

This year I read a book with the same title She Did What She Could and met author Elisa Morgan at a women’s conference. She spoke of this story and emphasized that each of us can do something, no matter how small it appears in the view of others. In this one action, this woman was ridiculed by the Pharisee and praised by God. Her simple offering from over 2,000 years ago is recorded in scripture. One small act. She did what she could. What if you did what you could….no matter how small?

If you were an eyewitness to these biblical events, what would you see, feel, and write? When you study scripture, are you sharing your experience with others, or keeping your thoughts and knowledge to yourself. As you fill your heart and mind with the Word, the Holy Spirit will entice you to share your understanding when called to do so. She Did What She Could. Please visit the website She Did What She Could for more information.

A reminder from Beth: As you study next week, ask God to involve you emotionally, mentally and spiritually in every single scripture, to help you picture each scene with the spiritual sight of an eyewitness.

Pray: “As we grow in grace, may we each develop His taste and marvel over the things He considers marvelous.” Beth Moore

Each Wednesday we send out a prayer request via email, to the women participating in this study. We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask you to print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray daily. If you have a prayer request for our prayer email, please click here.

Beth Moore Quotes

• We confuse attitudes of respect with feelings of inferiority.
  • Christ’s encounters on earth show our moral minds the stuff of heaven by transplanting them into the soil of earth.
  • Christ doesn’t just display Godly character. He is Godly character.
  • Sometimes one sentence of scripture speaks scrolls to the soul.
  • Christ viewed death from a heavenly perspective: earthly life is but a breath.
  • Eternity holds incomparable riches for the trusting.
  • Christ did not come to be popular. He came to be Savior.
  • Christ is void of all prejudice.
  • Anything that holds us back from pouring our lives and our hearts out upon Jesus is a bond.
  • Christ holds us responsible for the things we say to ourselves.
  • My heart and mind are of greater importance to Him than my words and deeds.
  • When God’s word is deliberately internalized, it will be authentically externalized.

This Week’s Scripture Verse-NIV

I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:23

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little. Luke 7:47

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:63

Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 14:21

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, “‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’ Luke 8:10

• Read Week Five in the workbook
  • Listen to the Session Five Audio (optional)
  • OR…Listen to the Session Five Video (optional)

1. What do we mean when we say “don’t cry?” ( page 84 )
  2. Have you ever found yourself waiting on Christ to come through on a certain matter while hearing wondrous works He was doing elsewhere? ( page 88 )
  3. Has God ever taken you through your doubts to a place of greater faith? ( page 89 )
  4. Share something meaningful from this week’s lesson.

• Carin says:

Ok, missed this for Christmas but still loved it during this time!

Don’t cry- Most humans want us to stop crying because they want to fix the issue that we are crying about. Some humans feel intimated by tears. I have found men and tears in the workplace is frowned upon. Most men hate it when women cry. Sometimes I think a good cry personally for me releases bottled up emotions, that once I have cried them out I feel so much better.

Christ coming through- Yes, I have found myself waiting for Christ and see him working elsewhere. I believe that he is working on my/our situation and is not finished working on us and we are not ready for what Christ has for us yet.

Doubts to a great place- Yes, as my husband has been out of work for many months my job exceeded to a new level (commission only). My December month was exceedingly greater than I ever expected. I gave and still give God the glory for that.

Meaningful this week- I learn something about myself. I am the “Seed that fell amongst thorns”. I have been a believer that has been distracted by the things of this world. Mostly Worry! Wow, that blew me away!!

1) I’m upset when I see a person cry. I try to encourage him/her by saying that everyting will be okay; time heals all wounds. Each day it will get better and better. I continue to pray that God will lift their spirit up.

2) This is difficult when you see other people getting blessed with something that you have been praying for yourself for a very long time. This can be a real challenge and a step of faith but I know that I will grow through the waiting period and continued prayer. God will do a work in me during this time.

3) I have not fully committed myself to God up before this point in time so I have not experienced this just yet.

4) I love when Beth mentions what Christ would love to do in every one of our despairing situations if a greater plan was not at stake. Being in human form and experiencing everything we do, He wants to fix it but it’s possible He has to show great restraint at times and do God’s will. What an eye opener on this one for me.

I also love the woman with the perfume. How Jesus loved her but also the depth of her faith was remarkable.

• Jennifer says:

3. Has God ever taken you through your doubts to a place of greater faith? (page 89 )

YES, I am going through this season in my life now. GOD does not deliver us from our fears by taking them away but instead HE disproves them by walking with us through them. We eventually learn to bow to only HIM and not other powers and principalities. I know now just how much more powerful HE is than all the giants that try to bar my entrance into the promises HE has given me.

• Jennifer K says:

3. Yes, God has taken me through my doubts to a place of greater faith. All my life I knew I wanted to be a mother but I also knew there was a huge chance I would never actually be able to get pregnant. I was filled with so much doubt for so many years when the time for me to actually try and get pregnant I knew I would never be able to, I was actually almost certain God was not going to give me a baby naturally. But almost 2 years ago now God opened my ears and heart more fully to Him. I was doing a Beth Moore study at my old church when as a group we prayed and we prayed for my infertility when a women in our group came to me and said I would be pregnant by the time this study was over. I knew God had affirmed it to her. I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks later. From this experience I have way more Faith in God not a day goes by that I am not reminded of God’s love and faithfulness to Us.

• Magaly says:

1. I dont’ want you hurt.
    2 & 3. Yes I have. This year was one of the hardest years I’ve ever been through. I was unable to find work, lost my apartment, my car and went through a very depressed time. It really threw me for a loop!! I never would have thought that I had such a sense of entitlement!! But through it all God was still there..although I didn’t “feel” him. It was very difficult especially since I was volunteering at a place that helped others to not lose their homes!! His love is not about what he gives, it’s about who He is. The valley was deep and long but in the end I came out of it with a greater appreciation for Him. One of my prayers is “Lord, help me to not be self deceived” so I got a lesson!!

4. What I loved about this section of the bible was LOVE IN ACTION, Jesus!! The Alabaster Box has a special meaning to me too. The first time I heard the song, CeCe Winans sang it a “Women of Faith” convention I went to and I bought it, learned it and sang it at church (although I can’t sing!!) It truly touched my very core!!! No matter what I’ve done, where I’ve been Jesus died FOR ME!!! Halleluah!! He loved me when I couldn’t love myself!! He is my deliverer!!! LOVE DOES CONQUER ALL!!

• Sue says:

” His love is not about what he gives, it’s about who He is ”

This is profound reminder and I will keep it close forever — and it is exactly what we must must remember so that we can endure in times of trial and stay focused on what is important.

thank you!!!!!

• Sue says:

It has been several years since I *felt* again such a love affair with Jesus. It made this Christmas so very special. I listened to Christmas music whenever I could and just worshipped in my mind and heart.

I also made a book for each of my youngest grandkids and shared the Christmas story with them, with coloring pages and pictures etc. It is a great relief for me that they understand what Christmas is really about.

I believe that God called me to help a friend recently who has gradually lapsed into profound faithlessness due to hard and difficult circumstances. Because of this study, I had the resource and tools for this. It was, still, draining. So I see that as God draws us closer to Him, we will be more useful in His work. With the joy of being close to Jesus comes responsibility as well.

I notice that I am connecting a bit more with some people — and I believe this is a natural outcome of this study. I think I’ve been withdrawn quite a bit over the past couple to three years. There are things that shook my faith, I think, though I never think of it exactly that way, and they relate to the deeply evil things that occur in this world. It is a great relief to have my faith strengthened at this point and my focus riveted to Jesus — where my focus should be (not the news of this world and it’s evil problems).

I am praying for everyone in this study. Please pray for me, my family and friends. We all need Heavenly grace and strength and guidance so much. Thank you.

• Sue says:

Just a little addition to my share. I cannot provide a youtube web address because there are so many evil blogs on youtube, but if you can find a clean site to listen, here is one of my favorites by a band called “Mercy Me”. The song is “I Can Only Imagine”

( Sue, we can’t print the song words in the comment, 1) not enough room 2) copyright of the artist )

• Michelle G says:

Sue this study has made me too connect more with some people. Like take calls I might let go to voicemail and reach out to freinds that can be difficult to talk to. It makes me sad to see how closed off I had gotten and yet blessed to see God has not given up on me and continues to work in my heart.

• Jen M says:

3. A few years ago, my husband and I were going through some issues, both financial and medical (with my young daughter) and we had to make some decisions. I felt God telling me that we needed to downsize our living situation and I should stay home with my daughter. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make because I just could not see how in the world we could ever afford it! But through a lot of prayer, a lot of doubt and many, many obstacles, I finally told God I would trust Him completely.

I cannot tell you the many, many wonderful blessings I received just by trusting God in this time. Not only is our living situation much better than before, I am in a much happier place and I have really learned a lesson about trusting God even when I can’t possibly see how it would work out.

Okay, quick request. I have been doing the video/audio sessions and bought the audio sessions from Itunes for session 4. I am missing the 15 minute segment 3. It covers questions 3 and 4 on page 100. Could anyone else give me a brief synopsis of what I missed in those 15 minutes and make sure I have the right words to fill in my blanks? I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

1. When we tell someone not to cry, it generally means that we are uncomfortable with the situation. It’s hard to sit by and watch someone cry, especially if it is someone whom we care deeply for. It is generally a pat answer when we really don’t know what to say… like telling them it will be ok.
    2.I really wasn’t sure how to answer this one, but it made me think of a previous study (the one I did on Revelations, maybe? I can’t remember) where we look around and say, “Why aren’t you doing something, God”… like the world is so bad. Looking back, most of the time when I was “waiting on God” I was trying to fix things myself…
    4. I really enjoyed this week of study. ON Day 1, I so enjoyed revisiting some of the thoughts about a humble spirit and how our actions endear us to God. On Day 2, I liked how Beth pointed out that Jesus doesn’t like death… that in fact, He may feel uncomfortable with it because it is His greatest enemy. I love the picture of Christ being tenderhearted. But probably my favorite day was Day 5, when she broke down the parable of the seed. I am reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, and one of the things that the author has touched on is distractions. I had never noticed how the one seed was “choked by cares”… how often do we get like this! I pray that God will let me “have an honest heart” so that the Word can find root and grow fruit with me being “patient”!
    Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas season. I am looking forward to the New Year and as always, am full of resolutions. I know that some of them will be broken, but above all, my greatest resolution is to grow stronger in Christ our Lord and Savior, and with the help of all of your prayers and support, I know that will be the case! God bless each and every one of you!

Christmas certainly did seem more special this year due to our focus on Jesus. Doing this study during this season was a great idea. Thank you Christine!

4. Share something meaningful from this week’s lesson. I appreciated looking closely at John the Baptist’s bout with doubt. It gives me hope knowing that a man who had personal one on one interaction with Jesus could still experience doubt and seeing the way Jesus responded to his doubt with compassion because He knew John’s heart and mind.

I also appreciated Beth’s encouraging words regarding God’s ability to change our negative thought processes. I struggle with judgmental and critical thoughts and hate it. Recognizing these as habitual sin will help me to confess them more quickly and turn from them, cooperating with God so that I can be changed.

If you are planning on doing Me, Myself, and Lies, it really focuses on those negative thoughts. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I did it by myself this fall… so much so that I will probably go back through it again here on the site. I, too, struggle with judging…judging myself, my actions, and other people. Even though I know the Bible says not to, I still fight it. That study really made me stop and think about what I was thinking…

• Marietta says:

1.What do we mean when we say “don’t cry?” ( page 84 )

I am uncomfortable with your sorrow.

2.Have you ever found yourself waiting on Christ to come through on a certain matter while hearing wondrous works He was doing elsewhere? ( page 88 )

Yes. I will leave this one blank for now.

3.Has God ever taken you through your doubts to a place of greater faith? ( page 89 )

Yes. He gives me assurance that he loves me. He is real though I cannot see him and others may not believe. He has also sent me friends and family who do believe. Again, this year of reading the Bible has completely turned my head and heart around.

4.Share something meaningful from this week’s lesson.

I want to be good soil.

• Mindy says:

1.What do we mean when we say “don’t cry?” ( page 84 )

While we’re usually concerned with the person’s pain, we’re often uncomfortable if there’s nothing we can do to help them in that moment and want them to change to a happier emotion.

Yes, I actually am in that situation now.

Constantly… he’s so patient with me. I doubt… I learn… I doubt… I learn… it’s a cycle between God and I haha.

4.Share something meaningful from this week’s lesson.

Two things touched my heart especially. One was realizing that John experienced a “bout with doubt” while in prison. It gives me reassurance that even the best have bouts. I was deeply touched by the boldness, bravery and desperation of the sinful women who washed Jesus’ feet. Walking through her experience slowly and visualizing in context what she did, is awesome, wonderful.

Your answer to question 1 made me think: the bible doesn’t tell us to be happy or not to cry, it says to have faith no matter our circumstance. When we try to change someone’s emotion, are we demonstrating a world view? As Christians, would it be best just to grab some tissues and cry with them!

• Hien says:

If I say “don’t cry” it’s because I wish you weren’t hurting. However, I more often find myself saying “it’s ok to cry you know, I’m here with you.” Funny though, I personally hate to cry in front of others, as I’d rather be the care taker than the one taken care of. But we all need to be taken care of sometimes, thankful that He is always there waiting to hold us, we just have to let Him…

this is one of my favorite songs while I’m waiting, based upon Deut 1:31 NIV

I also loved the part of the lesson about the woman anointing Jesus. How amazing!

• Jennifer K says:

To question 1. I am guilty of that myself, I have the hardest time being around people when they are crying it makes me horribly uncomfortable, that feeling of helplessness is awful and I am a control freak and you can’t control a person crying.

• Judee Baysinger says:

I feel so bad for people who are crying. There is usually nothing I can do. I know only GOD can help them and He hurts when we hurt. When I say “Don’t cry” I’m trying to say, “it will be alright, God is in control” . It doesn’t always come out that way though.

My little daughter (age 9) says “A tear is as pure as your heart.”

Sorry not on the same page as your daughter, but that is lovely. I just wanted to know if anyone heard that when it rains, it means the angels are crying in heaven? Also if you ring a bell an angel gets her wings?

I don’t know where the first saying came from and the second one I heard in a Christmas movie. Neither is from scripture.

Everyone I am just going to share one thing this week and it is found on page 92. The last paragraph before the question. Paragraph starts with destructive cycles…. I know that is so true, sin alone is HARD to deal with by your self, and in your prayer closet. I have a sin problem, a recurring one that just pops up in times of stress and anger….just gets me down….for I find myself doing things I SHOULD not do. I find myself asking Jesus to forgive me over and over at least a hundred times a day for the same sin, I am always asking forgiveness for that sin; and on top of that some people will NOT let me forget about that sin and are always judging me over it. That is a BIG OBSTACLE to over come as Beth states. Not only do I ask for forgiveness for my sin…I ask for a healing spirit to forgive the people in my life who still judge me. I know I am trying to break free of this sinful behavior with the Lord’s help, but the disapproval of some people is harder to deal with still.

Thanks for letting me share this with you from this weeks homework.

Christine thanks for making this a no shame zone again and again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MAY IT BE A BLESSED ONE.

Satan isolates us in our sin and makes us believe it could only happen to us, or he goes the other extreme and makes us believe the whole world is judging us. Remember you live for an audience of ONE. God alone judges and He is the God of “747 Forgiveness”

As always Christne thanks for those kind words. And always letting me speak my mind….no shame zone. You are a remarkable woman of God. Just thanks for being you, and being here.

Sue Alice, thank you for sharing your struggle and your heart. I think I read somewhere about opening up and getting sins out in the open so that their power over us can be diffused and true healing begin. Please know that you are not alone and are very much loved. I am praying for you daily.

Angie,

Thanks so much for the prayers. You are in my prayers daily also. Your kind words help also. Many blessing to you.

• Sue says:

I found for myself that some sins takes years of praying to conquor. Whether that is reasonable or not, it’s been true for me. One of my difficult sins was anger and especially anger and resentment toward particular people. After I entered a relationship with Jesus, I knew I wanted and needed to change this. One thing I did, while praying about it everyday for years was to avoid those particular people. But when they did call or come over, my main goal was to bite my tongue and show love no matter what (that is, “do no harm”). Anyway, I prayed for THOSE people for years and low and behold I found myself loving them eventually. I also found the anger and resentment going away, not dominating my thoughts. I think that God does enormous changing and healing in us as we pray. However, it still took years for these changes to come about. But it still seems miraculous that I could really love the very person who was my greatest stumbling block. Praising God.

• Magaly says:

I struggled with my sins (dis-ease) for years and what kept me going was God’s Promises for MY life. The visions He had given me. I have journals where I wrote what the Holy Spirit was speaking to me and when the devil was attacking me by telling me “you’ll always be this way, your children hate you, you’re family hates you, you have nothing, just kill yourself no one will care” I would take out my journals & my bible and begin speak, scream out WHAT GOD SAID TO ME. PS 27, Is 43. The devil is a liar, he comes to kill, steal and destroy. It was hard. I didn’t do it once, I did time and time again, but there did come a day when I FINALLY surrendered it ALL to HIM. ALL of my life. The hardest thing I had to do was to forgive MYSELF.

In regards to people who keep throwing it in your face – some people enjoy looking at other people’s weakness’s it keeps them from looking at their own.

We can’t change, people, places or things.

Shalom.

• Hien says:

I think my biggest problem is forgiving myself. I know that God has forgiven me and that it doesn’t matter what others think of me, but I give myself a hard time and can’t seem to forgive myself for the things I have done and the consequences I’ve had to live with. Praise the Lord that He forgives and moves forward even if we can’t.

I struggled and was in bondage to this for years. Then in bible study I realized that Jesus didn’t give His life because I told a lie or broke one of the 10 Commands, He gave His life because of my sin. His blood was shed for mine, and when I kept myself in bondage to my own unforgiveness of self, I missed the JOY He wanted to share with me. I did not honor Christ’s sacrifice by clinging to my sin like a wounded saint. It was probably Beth Moore’s Breaking Free study that broke these chains for me.

You will not believe this…I actually had a vision of a sackcloth laying on the ground. Never having seen such a thing before, I did a web search and found something that looked identical to what I saw in the dream. I realize I was wearing my own sackcloth of mourning and shame, not letting go, and not accepting the gift of Freedom in Christ. If you can imagine the similar scene, picture yourself a sackcloth…and drop the dusty old thing to the floor… at the foot of the cross where it belongs.

Hien,

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Do not work to hard please.

I still have a sin problem and just can not forgive myself either, but thanks to Jesus I know I am forgiven, even if I ask Him a hundred times a day to forgive me. Just remember you are a child of God and he loves you….as I do….you are in my prayers.

• Hien says:

Thanks Sue Alice, I worked all of Christmas but thankfully it was one of the quietest days/nights I’ve had. Monday night, however, I was not so lucky. Tonight though I am back in Arkansas with my family for a few days before a new year of work.

My sins…I know God has forgiven me and I don’t repeatedly ask for forgiveness of past sins. Oh how He loves us, and I know it. It’s just the consequences of sin that remind me daily of my mistakes. I suppose it’s good to have that daily reminder, then hopefully I won’t repeat the same mistake twice. But oh how I hate the consequences.

Hien,

Be safe coming home, and have a wonderful time with your family. Still hanging in there , and still going to be a surgeon? We need good ones, and people who love the Lord in that field.

Just remember you are a child of God and He loves you and your sins are forgiven. “Come now, let us reason together says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; through they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” Isaiah 1:18 NIV

Oh, I make mistakes starting from the time my feet hit the ground in the mornning. LOL.

Have a wonderful blessed New Year, and please do not study to hard. You will be a wonderful surgeon soon. My prayers are with you daily. Hugs to you, my friend.

1. What do we mean when we say “don’t cry?” Usually this is said because we don’t want to see someone in pain. The message is “don’t share your pain if I can’t fix it.”

2. Have you ever found yourself waiting on Christ to come through on a certain matter while hearing wondrous works He was doing elsewhere? Yes, because I know that the Lord carries me ( Duet 1:31 ) and while the outcome may not be my will, it is always God’s will and purpose working in me.

3. Has God ever taken you through your doubts to a place of greater faith? Yes, as I watched my friend’s daughter battle leukemia at age two and then survive it by age 8. Her journey opened my eyes to God’s miracles and the faith of an entire community. During the same time, I saw two other friends say goodbye to their children as they were called to heaven.

4. Share something meaningful from this week’s lesson. Luke 7:47 was very powerful for me. I did not realize Beth had a life verse, and when she said “this Scripture is the ONLY ONE framed on my desk. It sits only inches from my computer.” I too have a similar connection to a scripture verse, and it sits framed beside my computer. Deut 6:5 Love the Lord with all your HEART, SOUL and STRENGTH. This one verse focuses my work, my home life, my bible study and my day. I am HIS.

Christine, having read your story of how you came about your life verse I thought of you when Beth was talking about loving God towards the top of page 95 where she said “No other commandment has the vital lifeline to all others that loving God does.”

• Michelle G says:

This week has made me see so much more detail that I have missed reading on my own. Like the women that traveled with Jesus to include the wife of the housekeeper of Herod. This week also continues to have me evaluating my heart. The question of a previous week regarding the type of people I am drawn to has me constantly questioning if I am treating others that way. Lastly regarding the heart gave me something to share with my husband and mother in law. My father in law was placed in an Alzheimer unit in the fall at the age of 91. Although he has forgotten all family and friends but her he is cheerful and kind everyday. The staff love him. I choose to believe that because he was that way through out all his life his heart continues to reflect the only way he has ever known.

I’m enjoying the details too! 🙂

I had never really thought about how Jesus and His crowd traveled. Guess I had always pictured them arriving, but never the dusty journey they had to take to get there… and I always pictured Him with crowds of people around Him, but I guess I always thought they met HIm where He was, not that they followed Him.

Michelle, I also agree on the details. I am amazed at how the events we have looked at have come to life due to Beth’s urging us to slow down and become an eyewitness to the scene. In past studies I have had to labor over answers to questions but not so during this study and I think becoming involved in the scripture has been one reason.

Angie,

Yes you are right the details are amazing….Beth brings so much to life. We just need to slow out and learn to listen with our hearts and eyes. Blessings to you and yours. Thanks for your posts…always enjoy reading them. I love you, and have a wonderful New Year.

• Sue says:

I am blessed by your share about your Dad — that he is sweet and kind despite the Alzheimer’s. That has been a question and concern of mine. Praise God.

I will pray for you and your family to have peace at this time of your life. I am so happy your Dad is doing will, and seems to like it there. 91y/o is a long time to be with God, may he have many more years.

• Joanna says:

Yes it was an awesome joyful Christmas because doing the study helped me to focus on the real meaning of Christmas and I had no anxiety symptoms, it was a peaceful time. Thank You Lord and thank you to Christine and the other ladies.

I enjoyed keeping focused on the birth and life of Jesus during this special time. What a treasure to be reading his “baby book” as Beth Moore brings scripture to life. Loved every minute of it!

Joanna,

So happy to see you doing well. You are in my prayers. I lose focus all the time, and have to sey for awhile and refocus my mind back on HIM.