Resources for the Spiritual Warfare Bible Study

By November 4, 2010Invisible War

We begin our Spiritual Warfare Bible study November 8,2010 and right now you should be reading the first four chapters of the book The Invisible War by Chip Ingram. If you visit Ingram’s website, you’ll find many resources to help with this study. The book is required to participate in our online study. DVD and MP3 audios are optional and also available from Chip Ingram’s website.

About Chip Ingram (Source: Living OnTheEdge.com)

Chip Ingram is Senior Pastor of Venture Christian Church in Los Gatos, CA and President of Living on the Edge, an international teaching and discipleship ministry that provides practical help for everyday believers. He has a unique ability to communicate truth and winsomely challenge people to live out their faith.

As a pastor for more than 25 years, Chip is passionate about helping Christians really live like Christians by raising the bar of discipleship. He has pastored churches of 500 in Texas to 5,000 in California. He also served five years as president of Walk Thru the Bible. Chip holds an M.S. degree from West Virginia University and a Th.M. degree from Dallas Theological Seminary.

Chip is author of 11 books, including his latest release, Overcoming Emotions That Destroy. Reaching more than a million people a week, his teaching can be heard on hundreds of radio stations and multiple television outlets worldwide, as well as the internet. Chip and his wife, Theresa, have four adult children and six grandchildren.

Links to Message Notes for Invisible War

Spiritual Warfare 101: What is the Invisible War?

Spiritual Warfare 201: How to Prepare Yourself for Spiritual Battle

Spiritual Warfare 301: How to Do Battle With the Enemy and Win

Spiritual Warfare 401: How to Gain Deliverance From Demonic Influence

• wendy says:

Awsome! I’m waiting for my book to be delivered any day now.
    Very cool Christine about wanting to end this before the Christmas season but felt the need for it now. So true!
    You are such a blessing,
    thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Peggy says:

Hi Christine…looking forward to this! These resources are GREAT!!! Thank you so much! Chip Ingram does this in 8 sessions according to his full session PREVIEW! Do you have a workbook? or study guide? I’m still working on the first 4 chapters… I think it’s easier to read when it’s a book (lol). Great study and choice! Very timely. So glad that you’re leading us in this one.

Bless you…and thanks,
    Peggy

I have the study guide and the 8 session DVD’s and I’m using them to lead the study. I created a 4-week study for several reasons. I’ve already read the book and once you get started, you don’t want to wait or stop reading. The DVD sessions are excellent. The study guide is somewhat helpful, though its an outline of the authors notes similar to what you see in the links of this post.

Since Christmas celebrations begin in December, I do not want my focus to be on Satan during this special month. I debated holding off the study until after Christmas, then realized so many people are in a spiritual battle right now that waiting two months could have a negative consequence. I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit to lead the study now, in November, and lead a study about Jesus in December.

• Tina says:

I am looking forward to it!!
    This will be a great study!!
    Thanks Christine

• Amanda Taylor says:

Yeah i looked the website over and over and it really isn’t clear!

• Amanda Taylor says:

DVD’s? Are the DVD’s the same as the MP3’s or are they different? I want to order them soon!

• Kym says:

I’m fully enjoying this book. Couldn’t even stop at chapter 4. After just coming out of an attack from the enemy and standing in the gap for someone who was blinded and deceived by an attack from the enemy, I’m fascinated and also ready to guard myself and my loved ones against the lies tricks and schemes of the defeated foe, Satan.

Its okay to read ahead. I finished the book last month and now I’m re-reading it for the study. If you liked it so much, you’ll love the DVD’s. Chip brings passion to the study and shares his personal experiences. You can also check his free podcasts on iTunes.