Spiritual Warfare Bible Study

By October 20, 2010Invisible War

We’re starting a new bible study on November 8, 2010 called Spiritual Warfare based upon the book The Invisible War, What Every Believer Needs to Know About Satan, Demons and Spiritual Warfare by Chip Ingram. If you have felt the effects of a spiritual attack, and felt underpowered or uncertain how to respond to an attack, then this study is perfect for you. The focus of the book is on the believer and skills needed for spiritual warfare.

The study is open to both men and women for participation. This is a four week bible study based on these themes:

• Spiritual Warfare 101-What Every Believer Needs to Know
  • Spiritual Warfare 201-How to Prepare Yourself for Spiritual Battle
  • Spiritual Warfare 301-How to Do Battle With the Enemy and Win
  • Spiritual Warfare 401-Deliverance From Demonic Influence

Each week you’ll read a session on Spiritual Warfare as outlined above. We recommend you read one chapter each night, so you’ll have time to reflect on the content and the summary questions following each chapter. Once a week on MONDAY we’ll meet here at the Womens Bible Cafe for a group discussion of a Spiritual Warfare theme. We’ll post a blog summary for the week, along with a few questions for group discussions. You’ll visit the blog anytime after completion of your reading, and respond to the group questions.

To participate, you’ll need a copy of the book The Invisible War, What Every Believer Needs to Know About Satan, Demons and Spiritual Warfare by Chip Ingram. You can find this at Amazon, Barnes and Noble or your favorite bookstore. Please purchase your book and read chapters one through four (Spiritual Warfare 101) before we begin the discussion on November 8th.

How to Join the Study

• Purchase the book
  • Read chapters one through four before our first discussion on November 8th
  • Post an introduction below, with the following information:
    • Your name and Twitter name if you have one
    • Where you are from
    • When is the last time you experienced a spiritual attack? Rate the attack on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst attack. What did you do to fight the attack?

• m.j.thomas says:

praise the lord,thank u for the encouraging message

• Marietta says:

Hello. My daughter just joined your group and mentioned to me your study topic. I have recently been contacted by a long ago friend who will be coming to visit me in a couple weeks. She “was” a Christian then but I have just discovered that she is now deeply into shamanism and divination using bones. I believe I’ve been lead to your group to learn how to receive God’s protection and maybe even to remind her of who He is — THE creater of ALL and all powerful, knowledgeable and present. He detests our seeking from the worlds below and wants us to rely solely on Him. Deuteronomy 18:9-12. So, I’m going out tomorrow to buy the book and would appreciate it if I may join your study group.
    Sincerely,
    Marietta

• Kayte Salvagni says:

Hi! My name is Kayte and I’m from Niles, Michigan. I really hope I am not too late to get on board with this! At my church Bible study last night I felt the call to really lean into 1) a Bible study and 2) the spiritual warfare issue. So I am incredibly grateful to have found you guys! Right now I feel like my husband and I are under spiritual attack financially which had a domino effect into the closeness of our relationship. I’m ready to get on the ball and really learn what is going on in the realm around me and how to better pray for protection.
    Thanks!

• Mindy says:

Hi, my name is Mindy and I live on Catalina Island in California. I just came across this website and study description today and realize it started last night. I’ve downloaded the book to my kindle and will catch up on the reading. I hope it’s okay to join still!

My spiritual attacks happen in my mind. My thoughts get poisoned with doubt and discouragement, causing my faith to be severely weakened. It’s about a 9 right now, as I struggle with loneliness after the breakup of my relationship (boyfriend) and some financial issues. I’m looking forward to participating and letting God do his work.

• Peggy says:

Many blessings Christine… I just wanted to thank you for your visit and sharing at my blog! I also wanted you to see that I AM IN THE COMMENTS as this was my spiritual attack! But WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS in Christ Jesus!

I certainly understand much better and why you did not want this to go into the Christmas season! Totally appreciate you sharing that… I wanted to let you know that your comment prompted me to correct that post to read that I have the book from Kindle for PC and trying to get ready with the 4 chapters for tomorrow but noticed when I came over here that you’re already READY! WOW!!! I am totally impressed. Thank you again…and let’s move forward as God’s army! God cover and bless you greatly… as we press on!

Peace in Christ,
    Peggy
    (your email wasn’t connected to your comment so that’s why I’m leaving this here but now I have your email in my contact list from above)

• Yvonne says:

Hello, my name is Yvonne and I live in Georgia with my 11-year-old daughter. I’m so excited to start Bible study, I love it! My twitter name is Yvonne180. I have had a spiritual attack recently and I would rate it as an “8.” God is faithful and he has delivered me from the situation! I look forward to seeing comments and questions and learning from others during this study. Thank you!

• Marla Saunders says:

I saw a tweet about your study last night as I was just “idly” browsing through thousands of twitter messages. Immediately I felt that I needed this study, but began making excuses why I shouldn’t do it. The excuses are so small and pitiful that I can’t even share them — they were lies, anyway.

My daughter (17) has walked away from the faith. Even before that she has seen demons and angels. She knows that the demons fight over her, and has seen the angels “flick” them away at times. She has seen demons attached to specific people, and demons irritate her in many ways. Recently my husband and I and some others in our church did a Daniel Fast and prayed over her. During the fast she joined us (she thought of it as a weight loss diet), and she was almost her old self again, personable and willing to join us. But almost a month ago she woke up one night feeling as if she was being raped by a demon. She had all the violent sensations, and in the morning she had scratches on her chest and her body ached as if it had been raped. Is this even possible? This is not in my “realm of experience.” But I did some research and discovered that this type of attack is not unusual.

My daughter is in a precarious position, almost leaving our house to be on her own and unprotected in her faith. We have done what we know to do for her, but we need more knowledge.

And so, of course, that is why it was amazing that I even hesitated at doing this study! To top it off, I already owned the book. It was on my shelf. I have never read it. I believe the enemy just blinded my eyes to the book’s presence while he was busy torturing my precious daughter.

I live in south Florida, my twitter name is Marla_Saunders, and I’m hoping to join a community of believers for this study who will lift us up in prayer and make some inroads for the Kingdom of God.

• Amanda Taylor says:

Wow! It sounds like your daughter has an amazing destiny on her life and the devil is trying to keep her away from that. I have some inisight into the stuff with your daughter and would really like to talk to you more about it. Just don’t know if I should do so here on the bible study wall. Here is my email itsmrsthegreat at mac dot com (removed the actual email to prevent spam)

I would really like to talk to you about a few things. I’ll be praying for your family and for your daughter. I’m glad your doing this study! Like me it will really help you!

p.s I’m following you on twitter now too

Our children are the future of the Church. Knowing this, Satan does his best to misdirect them and lead them into bondage.

• Amanda Taylor says:

its so true! and the thing that ive really been finding lately is that he has been going after young women. i’ve been in warfare against that in particular.

• Rachel says:

Marie,
      get in the devil’s face! Get ‘Jesus at the moneylenders’ kind of mad! Do not let the devil do any of this cr_p to your daughter!
      I know many of us are praying for ya’ll.
      – Can we all just intercede for each others kids daily? I think we have a principality or stronghold to tear down.
      I encourage you to email Amanda. There is much more you can do.
      Many of the members of this group can verify that a tactic used is for humans to target you (daughter) with witchcraft and astral projection. This is the time to talk very grown up with your girl. She needs to be very certain that she has not opened a door to the enemy, a besetting sin (as Ingram calls it) or recieved a ‘gift’ item from someone that is carrying a curse. Again many of our overseas participants & missionaries can tell you about these tactics and much more. I’ll be praying for you to stand in the blood bought victory. – Rachel

• Amanda Taylor says:

Well put Rachel that was part what i wanted to talk about in the email. Marie we are praying for you and your family.

You can take a stand against this on behalf of your daughter but at the same time we need to figure out what opened the door for this in your daughters life. Please email me I would love to talk to you more.

• Maggie says:

I am Catholic and I want to learn more about the bible so I can strengthen my relationship with our Savior. I have recently been more aware of my connection to the Holy Spirit and of Satan as well peeking around our lives to wreak havoc. There have been little things going on, more like annoying instances, I saw a dark shadow move by me in my bedroom and I was convinced he is trying to separate me from God. There have been worse instances at my job, darkness and strange happenings that are too bizarre to ignore. Some Christian co-workers have even begun praying at work. Now, I am determined to learn how to effectively fight his wrath and to continue to walk in the Lord’s path. I also want to do this bible study to learn how to continue guiding my family and re-affirm our Christian faith. I live in Miami, I am the mother of three and am very happily married. I look forward to this bible study and I hope to be able to contribute as well. I will pray for you Christine as our study leader. Thanks!

• Faye says:

My name is Faye and my home is in Kentucky. Satan is always on the prowl awaiting any occasion when our defenses are down to do us damage. Faith, wonderful friends and family, a church home, and Bible study are our weapons and armor against the predator. Looking forward to this Bible study to see what it all entails. First time to participate.

• Chandelle Paccione says:

My name is Chandelle Paccione. I live in Las Vegas, NV. I am very eager to begin this study as it seems to be coming at just the right time. I was just hit with a full frontal level 10 attack that made me question every insecurity I have about myself. What’s worse is that I responded in a way that was definitely not my normal self and purposely tried to hurt back. I know this assault came about because I am starting to feel really good about myself and make positive changes in my life. So I am very excited about this study, it will be my first on this website.

• Kellie says:

Hi, my name is Kellie and I am from Washington. I have read chapter 1-4 and am realizing that things I would not have associated with spiritual attacks really are. I have so much self doubt about decision I make. I am so excited to be doing this bible study and learning how to get through spiritual attacks.
    Have a Blessed Day!!!

• Dave Pope says:

Hi my name is Dave. I live in the high desert Northeast of LA. I believe that spiritual warfare is all around us. I too have come under fire by Satan. Not to long ago, I allowed Satan to deceive me and cause chaos in my home and to my marriage. I know that I must put on the armor of God and seek God’s guidance each day in my walk. Satan has continued to attack me and my family. As head of my home, I need to be on guard at all times. I am blessed to share this bible study with all of you and look forward to reading the wisdom God has given you to defend yourselves against Satan.

In His service. Brother Dave

• Jennifer Bowen says:

My name is Jennifer Bowen. I live in Luverne, AL. My family has been under attack several times lately because we have really started living our lives for GOD and satan doesn’t like it! The scales have varied, but an average of around 7 or 8 I guess. He has messed with our finances like crazy, and our marriage, our children a lot!! and our extended family. I am very excited about this website and this bible sutdy. Thank you for offering a place where we can learn and support each other!

• Amanda Taylor says:

Jennifer,

What part of AL are you from? Your name sounds really familiar. I’m from Alabama too! Well originally I live here in VA now. I grew up in Guntersville then moved to Arab and then moved over to the Cullman Smith Lake area. I’m part of the Oney family 🙂

For anyone laughing at me. This is truly how it is in Alabama lol. Small towns!

• Pam says:

It’s been awhile, but am looking forward to getting back online with this study! Great topic, that all can relate to. At present I am rejoicing that Lord has done a lot of work in my life and has taught me much about Spiritual Warfare in the process. Yet, this is a subject that we can never know too much on, as we live in a world that is constantly bombarding us in one way or another, and it is easy to lose focus. Just got the book! So am going to go read…..later :)!

• Rhonda says:

Hi my name is Rhonda and I’m from Minnesota. I do not have a Twitter name. I am looking forward to this study! I believe Satan attacks me through my thoughts. He is always telling me I’m not good enough, smart enough, etc. I’m hoping this book will help me to better recognize and ward off his attacks.

• Christina says:

Hello Christine and to the rest of the group — I’m Christina from Texas. I’m so excited to have found you all — and excited to have a very timely study to do. I am finishing up Beth Moore’s Revelation study tonight and I was mourning the fact that I’d have to wait until January to start another one at church — this four week commitment is PERFECT!

Spiritual attacks? Oh yeah! I have recently been blessed by some really wonderful things happening in my professional life — and (I’m sure I don’t have to tell you all) — the more God’s blessing shines in my life, the harder the enemy presses me to doubt those very blessings!

Anyway, I refuse to let anything distract me from the work I am doing for God right now in all areas of my life — but it IS a daily battle. I look forward to this study to help me stay on task and resist the lies of that jerk satan.

Looking forward to learning a lot and some great discussion.

Thanks so much,
    Christina

• Dedie Pope says:

Hi my name is Dedie and I reside in California. I do not have a Twitter account. I have been currently going through a spiritual attack for the past two years and I would rate it as an 8. The attack has threatened my marriage, my financial peace, and my relationship with my children.

Christine mentioned in an earlier post about Satan attacking our children or getting to the parent through the children. This could not be more truer than today. My son knows how much I love the Lord and of course, he (who is 23) had to be angry today and tell me he did not believe in Jesus (yet he does every other day). I know this was to get at me and hurt me, ugh. Talk about a broken heart.

I have continued to fight this battle through prayer and remaining faithful. I do not care what is thrown my way I stand firm in God, His love for me and mine for Him, and I stand firm knowing He is Sovereign. He is in control!

I am excited to start this study because as a believer I am aware spiritual warfare exists however, it is not something that has been taught to me on a regular basis.

• Kym says:

Hi my name is Kym. No twitter name. Can’t wait to start this study. I was recently under serious attack but God delivered me. Can’t wait to learn even more.

• Miki LeValle says:

Hi, My name is Miki! I am currently reading the book Invisible War and I am excited about doing the bible study with Women’s Cafe.

• Kim says:

I am excited about this bible study. who cannot use armor for satanic warfare. I live in Texas and am happy to see I am not alone. Looking forward to next week.

• Kelly says:

My name is Kelly and I am from Rhode Island. I am looking forward to this study and feel that it is further confirmation that Spiritual Warfare is an area God wants me to be better prepared in not only for myself but in order to inform others and help them to realize the tactics of the enemy and the strongholds they may be caught in. My family was once heavily involved in the occult and through the power of Jesus Christ, that bondage was broken!

• Jerusalem says:

HI my name is Jerusalem, I am Eritrean citizen I live in Nirobi Kenya. this is my first time to use your website/link. I would really like to participate but i am not sure if i would be able to find the book. Can i get online like download it. I have been under attack all my life i am almost 30 now. my attack scale ranges from time to time. I want to know more about this attacks and how I can fight it.

How do I join?

Be blessed

You can find the study book at Amazon.com, they ship internationally. The book is called “The Invisible War” by Chip Ingram. You can also listen to podcasts in iTunes and find study materials at the authors website:

Welcome to the study! You don’t need to do anything else to join, though we recommend you subscribe to the blog feed to receive study updates.

• LisaLou says:

Hi All,

My name is Lisa. This is my first online study and only my second Bible study since my youth. I consider myself a born again-born again Christian, I always believed in God and often prayed to God, but not until 6 months ago did I start attending Church again. Oh how I missed it! How could I have let so many years go by without the Sabbath. Even my husband has started going to Church with me and our children. We are truly blessed. We have our health and we have each other. I often remind myself of this even in these uncertain economic times!

I am under “attack” when I am feeling unworthy as a person, as a woman. I am a stay-at-home mom and sometimes feel it’s just not “enough” to be a MOM. Society does that to me I guess. So, here I am. Looking forward to this study!

Blessings to All!

~Lisa

• LisaLou says:

Forgot … I’m in beautiful Colorado. My attack rating: can be a 10!! And I always use prayer as my counter attack!

• Rachel says:

Lisa,
      take a look at the world today and there is no doubt that you are doing the single most important job there is! And it is God’s favorite job (parenting). He created it for Himself! so you also have the coolest job EVER with the most powerful Top parent mentor we can get, Him! You go girl! – Rachel

• Lisa says:

Hi my name is Lisa, I’m in NC. I am attacked daily. We recently found out my mom has stage 5 kidney failure, I then lost my job – only 3 weeks after finding out about mom, and I have a daily email ministry that I forgot, yes, FORGOT to post to over the weekend. And its not like I’m doing anything else 🙂
    Since I am unemployed, buying books is no longer on the top of my list, but I found this one at Christianbook.com, “slightly imperfect”, for only 5.99, so I picked it up! I should have it by Friday so I can be ready on Monday.
    I am really looking forward to doing this one. I pray that means I will have the “stuff” to finish it. (I do not have a great track record for finishing what I start.)
    Many Blessings to all.
    Be Blessed, on Purpose 🙂
    Lisa

• Charlotte says:

I’ve ordered my book and I’m really looking forward to this study.

• Sherry says:

Hi everyone, my name is Sherry and I thank God for Christine and her courage to continue the battle. I am a mother of 5, all grown and in homes of their own. I have 4 grandchildren and a fifth on the way. I have been unemployed for 2 months now and that is a battle in itself. I pray this Bible study helps me to stay strong in the Lord.

• Such an important topic and so very relevant for today! I’m looking forward to it.

• Rachel says:

Hi, I am Rachel,
    this is the 3rd time I am trying to post / join this study group – the comment keeps disappearing into the ethers without registering or posting…
    So, I am under attack right now.
    I am from VA. -friends with Amanda T.
    I seem to be daily engaged (do a lot of intercession). Currently a ‘7’; health & $. Health, finances, marriage, child, relationships, & even pets can come under attack.
    Read, speak, sing, praise, pray, live the Word. Christian based media (guard eyes & ears). Take communion, ask for prayer, church elder prayer / oil.

I saw my pets under an attack and I wonder if dogs see the invisible. During my own full frontal attack, my dogs went crazy. I have a very gentle dog who has not barked in four years, and during my attack he turned into a ferocious beast! He growled at something invisible he saw before me, he barked with his fangs showing and he was defending me against something I could not see. My other dog, the one that barks over all sounds, chases squirrels and anything that moves in the yard…became paralyzed in fear. He was shaking, hiding himself and terrified…again of something I couldn’t see. I knew there was a presence, I told him to leave and that my home and my family are under the protection of Jesus Christ. The dogs calmed down and the presence left. I’ve been a dog owner for 20 years and I’ve never seen such crazy behavior and it has not happened since.

• Amanda Taylor says:

Christine,

Based on this something you will want to do is anoint the walls and doors of your house. I’ve had the same experience before and I did this praying over my house and my family as I did it and never had the issue again. I also recommend communion!

Yay Rachel! I’m so excited that your participating I just started my book today. The battle has been really intense today as always!

Guys Rachel is my prayer partner but she is also my therapist for my health issues. She has helped me through so much with my health. She has also been a great person for me to learn from about things involving the spirit world. I’m so glad that she is on here. 🙂

Thank you Amanda….

I’ve been praying for you and asking others to cover you with intercessory prayers. God always speaks to us in love…so filter all experiences through “love lenses.”

• Rachel says:

Hi Christine,
        Balaam’s donkey saw it all!
        I grew up close to Jamestown & Williamsburg Va and everyone’s house has ghosts that have been seen by generations of family members & generations of pets too! I think God has used animals lots of times in the scriptures (Noah, Saul’s dad’s donkeys, the whale,horses). I think people were as close to their donkeys back then as we are to our dogs & cats! (okay, not everyone gets my humor.) : ) – Rachel

• Rachel says:

Hello All,
    I am Rachel. My friend & prayer buddy Amanda told me about this study. Asked God in prayer and He said, “Yes”. This is my first online study. Have done a couple of Beth Moore’s & currently doing K. Authors precept study on Ephesians.
    Am from Va. lived in Fl. ’90 to ’05. Began to become more & more aware of spiritual attacks when moved back here.
    I am an alternative health care provider. I have many clients who are pastors, missionaries, and in various ministry / serving work & life commitment. I am constantly interceding, almost always have a ‘prayer assignment’ God has given me to work on, and stand against attack on a daily basis. For the past 10 days the devil had been attacking me financially & in my health. Today it rates about a ‘7’.
    I stay in God’s word, speak It out loud, take communion, praise, call on prayer partners, have a chuch elder anoint & pray for me. Love to Follow God’s instruction manual. I think we are all being trained for our 1000 year work for the millenial kingdom!
    I will be praying for everyone and welcome all scriptural prayer (so powerful) – Rachel

• Amanda Taylor says:

I forgot to do some of these answers so I’ll take the opportunity to do that. I got my book today. Can’t wait to get to reading!
    1) Where you are from.
    Richmond VA grew up in Alabama
    2) When is the last time you experienced a spiritual attack? Rate the attack on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst attack. What did you do to fight the attack?
    DAILY!

Doing so much better though I can feel everyone praying for me!

Hi my name is Angie and I am from Missouri. This site is an answer to prayer for me. I would love to participate in this study. I, like several of the ladies who have already commented, am attacked daily in my thoughts – negative, judgmental, fearful, that I’m not good enough, etc., etc., etc. Intensity varies day to day. I am learning to speak scripture out loud and claim victory over the thoughts and the peace I feel when I remember to do that is wonderful. God is so faithful and good. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Alethia says:

My name is Alethia. I feel spiritual attacks in many aspects of my life. My marriage, my fears, my self-confidence in my career and as a mother. “Life” pulls me in a million different directions, and I constantly fail to focus on the one thing that should be the center of it all – which is why I am here today, and am committing to participate with all of my heart and soul. I need to refocus on what should be my top priority, my relationship with God, so that everything else will fall into place, and I can finally feel peaceful.

• Samantha Johnson says:

I am Samantha Johnson. My Twitter ID is http://www.twitter.com/happysammy.

I was born and raised in Manila, Philippines. I am married to an American who hails from Bellevue, NE. We are currently living in his hometown.

The last attack I can recall experiencing is a series of vehicle mishaps while on the mission field. God has shown His mighty protection during these times!

I am delighted to find this Bible study. I just bought the book and I am looking forward to start reading it tonight.

• Nickie says:

I am going to try to participate in this one. I’ve had an interest in studying how to deal with spiritual warfare for a while now, and a friend suggested a book she was doing in a Bible study at her church. It isn’t the same book, but the same topic so this could be the one for me!! Satan attacks me with fear– he uses my own fears against me (mostly financial fears) and intellectually I know this, but have found it hard to take the leap of faith and face my fear. I’m looking forward to starting this study!

• VIcki says:

Letty – I am praying for you and your salvation. A good friend told me once that when I finally give my heart to the Lord – I won’t have to struggle w/that decision any longer and she was right. If you feel that tug to do so – trust the Lord and give your heart to him. You are also saying Yes to God and NO to Satan. You will have already won a big victory in your spiritual warfare. We don’t have to know everything about being a Christian to say Yes to God – just tell him you believe and are ready for him to take control. He will show you what to do. Welcome to the study.

• Sue D. says:

Hello, I am glad to join this study-its something I’ve always meant to learn more about. This book is on its way. I have experienced many attacks in the past, fought and experienced victory and failure. Good thing there is always hope in Christ. Now I’m just feeling…tired. Hoping this will rejuvenate my walk. About six months ago we left the church I was attending with my family. (The church made a major theological shift that I just cant agree with.)
    sue d. in WI

• Judee Baysinger says:

I posted under the Spiritual Warfare heading. Sorry. I will post again. In some ways I feel like I am under attack every single day. I work at Wal-Mart and something unusual happens nearly everyday. For instance, the other day I was yelled at by a customer as I wished him a good day. Someone gives me a chance to shake my head in disbelief every day. Someone gives me the chance to praise God every day. Wal-Mart is an interesting place to work. I need the LORD’s mighty hand to guide and protect me every day.
    God bless and keep you all.

• Amanda Taylor says:

I used to work at Wal-Mart in the book section. I would have witches approach me and also I had 2 customers that were demon possessed come to the store just to sit and watch me work. Wal-Mart for some reason was like a magnet!

According to the author Chip Ingram, you are attracting them. So if went to another store, you’d find them there also. My prayer for you is that through the study, you will learn the weapons to fight the battle.

• Rachel says:

Hi ya’ll,
          Jesus ‘attracted’ them everywhere He went. God wants these people delivered and that is what Jesus does, teaches & commands us to do and the cool thing is that it is by the law of love & power of the Holy Spirit. The scripture says lots about our light & the darkness. We are not to be afraid. The demonic tries to intimidate and defeat us by lying to our thoughts & feelings. Faith is more powerful it does not rely on feelings or what you see. The oppressed human wants help most of the time. And the M.O. of the Holy Spirit is to change hearts & minds (He’s so cool!). – Rachel

• Letty says:

Hey, everyone. I have been trying to jump into a study since I started back to work and haven’t been able to attend any of the studies at church.
    I am a struggling wanna-be christian, meaning that I believe in God, and I know that I need to be saved, but I am pulled between not knowing how I can spend time in church, not having enough faith to carry me through the smallest of personal crisis, and just not being “christian” enough to read my Bible daily, pray, or surrender myself to the arms of the Father, as I know I will have to do in order to be born again.
    I really want to find out how I can get Satan “behind me” and how I can fend off these attacks that I suffer each minute.
    I require loads of prayer, sorry, and I hope that I can recover strength to finally make the choice that I so long to make, and to show my children, ages 13 and 10 that there IS a God. My husband as well, since neither of us have that commitment to God, but we are both trying to save ourselves. Can’t do it without God.
    I am in Atlanta, GA and I hope to get my book by the 6th of Nov.
    Thank you all and sorry to be the “high maintenance” one 🙁

Sounds like this is a good place to start Letty! Welcome to the study. Going to church each week, reading the bible daily, remembering to pray through the small stuff does not make you Christian, it makes you “religious.” Having intimacy with God and carrying the love of Jesus inside your heart makes you Christ-like. When you read this study, you’ll discover Satan will convince you you’re “not good enough for God” and attempt to keep you at a distance from Him. The father of lies places guilt and shame into your heart. Pray specifically for a breakthrough to unleash the strongholds and claim your freedom in Christ. We’ll pray for you too!

PS-once you reclaim your inheritance as a child of God and intimacy with the Father, you’ll want to spend time reading your bible each day, praying, talking to God, and worshiping with others. 😉

• Letty says:

How I love the voice of reason when doubt fills the senses…thanks so much, Christine.
        I have new hope 🙂

• Eileen says:

I just wanted to share something I read on a church sign and it rang so true in my heart, perhaps you too will find it helpful, Letty, it said:

“Feed your faith, and your doubt will starve!”

Something about that just clicked with me and I’ve had a hunger for God’s word ever since.

May God bless and protect you all!!
          Eileen

• Rachel says:

Hi Letty,
      just as I was trying to log-in ole fartface tried to mess with my laptop! I started laughing in delight (because I like to delight God & fartface just showed me that I am), out loud said, “No, get out in Jesus’ name!” And God’s technology angels went to work just like the scriptures say.
      Christine is sooo right. It is about how much God loves you. God loves you! A friend of mine taught me this awesome set of prayers that I share with everyone. “God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: -show me who you are; -show me who Jesus Christ is in You; -Show me who I am to you.” You can spend weeks meditating on this prayer – repeat it constantly until you get a ‘download’ or sense of the answer from our loving Father. – Rachel

• Jeanette says:

Hi. My name is Jeanette and I live in Texas. I have taken a break from ladies bible study at my church because I recently started a new job. I’ve been very busy and it has kind of been a relief to take a break from the daily homework for bible study, but I felt the Lord calling me to come closer this morning. The idea of an online study came to me, I google and found Womens Bible Cafe.

Already, even while reading over this website, I’ve had thoughts like: I’m too busy, there are other things I like to do on the web, I can just read my bible in the mornings instead (which I’m not currently doing)etc, etc, etc. I believe these thoughts are Satans attack on me as well as some other negative thoughts that Satan fills my mind with in other areas of my life.

I’m ordering my book right now and looking forward to the study.

• VIcki says:

My name is Vicki and I am from Texas. Christine – thank you for going ahead w/this study and I will lift you up in prayer every day. You can bet Satan does not want you to proceed w/this study – but by taking a stand and moving forward, you have already not let him win. Put on your armor every day and quote Ephesians 6: 10-18 daily especially when you feel his strong presence and know we are all praying for you. Will pray for your family as well. God bless you and your faithfulness.

• Amanda Taylor says:

I think I’m crazy for doing this because I’m doing 2 other bible studies but I can’t resist. I’ve dealt with spiritual warfare and spiritual battles since I was 15 years old. I really want to talk about it in more detail but don’t know if I’m allowed to freely on here. I’ll just put it this way and if you believe me you believe me and if you don’t you don’t. Since the age of 15 I’ve been acutely aware to the fact that we are in a daily battle with the spiritual world. Some days are more intense for others and I’ve found that its often directly linked to how close I am in my daily walk with Christ. Really looking forward to this study but like you Christine I was hesitant to comment or to join because of the spiritual attack. I experience it sometimes pretty intensely. Guess that means I need this huh!

~Amanda

I believe you, I had a full frontal attack from Satan. 15 is really young for an attack, I am thankful you were able to defend yourself. This study is less time consuming than most, its a book format rather than a workbook.

• Amanda Taylor says:

Again not sure about what I can and cannot share on here but I will say this. When I say I experienced it I mean I saw the demons attacking me. My mother is actually a practicing witch so this stuff is seriously close to home. You just don’t even know! Really looking forward to learning more about how to defend and protect myself. Lately the battle has been so intense there are some days that I know its only through God that I’m standing when the day ends. I know I’m not the only one I’ve been standing for a lot of my friends in prayer. I think this study is in the absolute perfect season for a lot of people right now.

Towards the end of the book is a lesson on why you are attacked, and if you associate with others who practice witchcraft, you’re targeted. You are experiencing a full frontal attack. I am thankful you are reading this book. More than once the Spirit has said that I am leading this study because God is ministering to someone though it. I know that my inconveniences (attacks) are an attempt to keep me from leading the study and I stand firm in faith with the Lord. We need to cover you with prayer during the study, I will reach out to my prayer warriors for intercession. You’re near a breakthrough Amanda and this is so exciting to be joined in the study with you. I sense there are two other people in similar circumstances and I pray they are not afraid to join us in the study. Scripture says to fear the Lord and shun evil.

Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.” Job 2:3 NIV

• Amanda Taylor says:

Thanks Christine! I’ve actually had to call one of my prayer partners almost daily to pray with me once a day. Its seriously been that intense lately. And yesterday I can’t even begin to tell you how bad yesterday was. I know its because I posted a comment on here saying I was doing this study. It was the exact morning after I posted it. Full frontal attack ALL day! When I would conquer one area in prayer he would attack in another. ALL day. I’m so exhausted. Again thanks so much for the prayer! I really really need it!

I’ve had full frontal attacks and I can say with certainty that God is always present and watching over you. The stronger the attack, the more you see Jesus. People assume that when we are attacked we curl up into little balls of people and hide from the enemy. The opposite happens, when we are attacked Jesus reaches out in the storm and finds us. Only those who have faith and believe will see Him.

I will create a list of scripture verses from this study and post them on the blog. I intend to carry them with me on 3×5 index cards. Even with the attacks this past week, I have felt so much peace and love from Jesus my heart overflows with tears when I think of it. I am loved, I am protected and I am a Daughter of the King. We are all members of His family.

“Pray, build relationships on neutral turf, find out what’s going on in their lives, but do not hang around people who are immersed in evil practices.” Chip Ingram, page 179

“Like a doctor who wears gloves and a mask to deal with highly contagious patients, maintain a healthy separation from supernatural evil.” Chip Ingram, page 179

• Amanda Taylor says:

I forgot to do my twitter name
      mrs_the_great

• Niki Rogers says:

Hello Ladies,
    I AM NEW TO THIS SIGHT AND TRYING TO SEE WHAT I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO JOIN THE NOV. 8TH BIBLE STUDY. I HAVE PURCHASED THE BOOK, NOW WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
    NIKI

• YOLANDA W says:

just ordered my book…ill be ready nov 8th..

• Stacey says:

Hi guys, I’m serving as a missionary in niger, west africa and am interested in joining this Bible study. Can I download the book as a ebook anywhere? Thanks and God Bless 🙂 Stacey

• Nickie says:

hi, my name is Nickie I am from Massachusets. I just wrote a huge paragraph and I had to start all over again… HHHHMMMMM but I have been going through some stuff just recently and I feel that it is spiritual warfare… I am leading Daniel by beth moore and it is a great study but things around me are just falling down.. EVERYDAY there is something… so when I checked my mail and found that your were doing this class.. I was pulled to it.. so I ran out and got the book and looking forward to digging in… thank you and God bless 🙂

• T. Anne says:

I’m in! I’m still plowing through Living Beyond Yourself and loving it!!!!!! But I want to do this one as well. My twitter name is @TAnneAdams.

• Kathy Burttram says:

Hi,
    My name is Kathy and I live in Alabama. I am looking forward to this study, I and my family have been under spiritual attack for quite some time and I look forward to God revealing new ways to fight this battle. I know I have something to give to the kingdom or the devil would not be hitting me so hard. God Bless Kathy

Okay my dear Christine sign me up please. Thanks.

My name is Sue Alice and I live in Terre Haute, IN…until around November 20th, than we will be living in Greenwood, IN. by my sister Judee Baysinger. I NEED this study for SATAN has been pushing me around for the past two weeks, and he can just LEAVE ME ALONE…SATAN HEAR THIS I AM A CHILD OF GOD….GET OUT!!! Opps yelling on the p.c., but I mean it. Thanks for letting me blow off stream. Looking forward to this study along with finishing the Beth Moore we are doing now (Living Beyond Yourself.) Thanks again for all the help Christine.

Blessiing to all, my The Lord keep all of you safe in His mighty hand.

• Yanni says:

Hi, My name is Yolanda and I currently reside in NC. Im ready to join everyone in this study… I can honestly say that I had issues searching for this book. I know I could of purchased it online but since I was out today I wanted it from the store. I went to three different bookstores, and they were out of stock. At the third one I was thinking, Ok well maybe I should just minus out this study and do the one after… Then I told myself no go to another store and if they dont have it just order it online… The fourth store had it and I was like Yay… I felt that something was just trying to deter me away from this study… But I have overcome what ever it was because I HAVE THE BOOK NOW! ha ha … I with Tina and everyone on this one, Im ready to get educated and prepared for the battles. We have to let Satan know that WE WILL WIN!

You’re seeing the importance of the study. He will turn up the heat on us during the study, which is why I made this a four week study. We’ll turn up the pace of our knowledge in order to stand our ground.

• Dedie Pope says:

Hi Tina,

My husband and I had the same issue of trying to locate the book. I could not order it because the study started this week. We went to every place near us to no avail and then we started calling around, even the larger Christian Book stores did not have it in stock. We finally found a little store an hour away. On our way to get the book we got a nail in our tire and it looked like we would hit a major sig-alert on our way home. All in all, 5 hours later we made it to the bookstore and back home, with the book! We had a great time, got to spend time with each other, with our youngest son held hostage in the car :), and for those who live in California, we ate at In-N-Out! I would say, as we all already know, we prevailed 🙂

Looking forward to starting the study and this time with my husband.

• Tina says:

Hello,
    My name is Tina. I am from Florida. My twitter name is setfreetobeme.
    Back in 2007/2008 I was spiritually attacked, I was at a low personally the evil one was taking all my insecurities and hitting me with them, it got so bad that stuff from my past was wreaking havoc. In going through the valley, it came to a place where I knew that there were some strongholds that had a hold of me and I needed to be set free…PTL I was just that….SET FREE!!!!
    Today I prepared for battle and my armor is on!!! On a scale I would say that this was an 8.
    This book is right on time for anyone…we need to have knowledge of what we are dealing with and its not focused on enough!!
    I am looking forward to this study..thank you for choosing it.

Many Blessings,
    Tina

• Jayme says:

A couple of years about my husband and I went through growing time due to almost losing our home to forclosure. This was a lever 7 on our marriage. I am looking for a bible study to bring me back in to the word on a daily basis, so a 4 week study is just the right size to start back with. I have a 9 year daughter and 5 year old son that are testing me very much so with displine also so this is a good study to show me how the devil is using my children to test my strenght in consistency.

Look foward to getting to know everyone on this study.

I am from Oklahoma

I heard a pastor say that Satan is on a mission to claim our children right now and he’s working hard. I see evidence of this with my 12 yr old daughter. The pastor explained that our children are the next generation of prophets, missionaries and believers and Satan is threatened by them. He tries to steal their hearts through the internet porn, text messaging, bullying, and social sites. He’s in full force right now.

We protected our daughters by placing parental controls on the television and internet. Just before I announced this study, we discovered our daughter used her iPod to access a neighbor’s unprotected wiFi and she was looking at inappropriate sites. When we took away all internet access and her iPod, she reacted violently towards me and threatened my safety. This is the work of Satan, and I continue to pray for the protection of Jesus over my children. Our kids are not the enemy, Satan and his demons are, and they seek every opportunity to devour the kids like a roaring lion. I do not say this to cause fear, I say this to cause action and encourage parents to put of the shield of faith and fight back for their children, marriage, finances, jobs, mental health and peace. Victory is ours.

• Robyn says:

Definitely scary stuff. Christine, I agree with everything you said here! I have 4 boys ages 1 to 10 and I am so afraid of all of the avenues available to them that I never had to worry about when I was younger. There are just so many ways our kids can access inappropriate things. I also believe that they are losing the ability to be personable with others and deal with their emotions in a healthy way. A dark downside to all of this computer age technology.

Jayme, my husband and I just went through financial peace university with Dave Ramsey. You may want to look into the program, it really is life-changing. We found the teachings very helpful in this difficult economic time. Good luck to you:)

• Renee says:

Thank you for posting this Christine. I am a teacher of elementary kids and see that a drastic change has happened over the years.

• Robyn says:

Hello! My name is Robyn and I am in Maryland. When I saw what the subject of this study was, I felt a thunder roll inside. I am waiting on my book to arrive, can’t wait to get started reading! I too feel sometimes like the attacks are thoughts in my head, laying seeds of doubt, self worth, ability, etc. I often feel like I have daily struggles battling these attacks. On a scale, they will differ depending on the day. To fight them, I refer to favorite scriptures. With really difficult struggles, I have to fully surrender to GOD.

Looking forward to this study!

There are many scripture verses in this book to help you with the battle. I’ve taken a few of them and put them on 3×5 cards to carry in my purse.It may be wise to store some in my iPhone as well, I think I can save favorite verses in YouVersion.com for the iPhone.

• Joeanna says:

i just listened to his broadcast series at http://gpodder.net
    i want to do the study..

i have felt some the things he talks about like when something you can”t see is on top of you and you can”t move, and being lifted of my bed. when i became a christian i lived at home and my mother was deep into santeria, her best friend use to be “a witch”…Jesus has delivered me
    now anxiety is satan’s weapon of choice in my life, and ruminating thoughts

• Mark says:

Perfect Love drives out fear. Anxiety is fear. All fear comes from the enemy. Respond with love for Jesus, love for people, and just being lovely. Praise Jesus. If you resist the enemy while praising God, the enemy will flee. In the name of Jesus Christ rebuke the enemy and the spirit of fear and anxiety. When we trust God, there is no fear as we are in His hands. Also pray for more discernment from the Holy Spirit. We can do things through Jesus Christ, so do not fear. You can overcome fear as a daughter of Jesus Christ, for you have been given authority in Jesus name. If you get accused of anything, always remember Jesus on the cross already overcame this world and forgave us of our sin. There is no condemnation for those who believe in Jesus Christ. Kick the demonic accusors to the curb and put the enemy underfoot! God Bless.

• Renee says:

Hi, my name is Renee and I am in Texas. I just downloaded the book to my Kindle. I believe attacks come as thoughts in my head. I am learning (slowly memorizing … Carrying cards is always nice until they are memorized) to say out loud , “It is written … ” and then fill in the appropriate scripture. On a scale of 1-10 … It usually depends.

I have a friend whose husband’s ministry at the church is spiritual warfare so I asked him about the book and he said it is very good, sound, and he uses it often.

Hi, I’m Christine and I’m leading this study. My Twitter name is @LifeVerse and I’m from California. The last time I experienced a spiritual attack was yesterday, as I contemplated leading this study. When I was attacked with an intensity of level 10, I realized how much Satan does not want me to lead the study. He tried to frighten me away and discourage me and I responded with the opposite reaction. I praised God and trusted Him. I shouted “God is my Father and my King and God has won the war.” I told Satan to leave my children alone, they do not belong to him. I stood on the rock and quoted from scripture “I will not be shaken.” And I made the decision to lead the study.

The attacks the enemy has leveled against my finances, my children and my marriage are worth my investment in leading this study. The war is won and victory belongs to God.

• Gisela says:

Hi Christine. I just moved to Texas from California in August and I’m needing a feeding! I will keep you in prayer as we go through the study. I’m going to download my ebook from Kindle…looking forward to it!

Thanks Gisela! We’re thinking of moving from California to Austin. Please keep me posted what you like about the area, it would be much appreciated. We have a vacation planned for Texas next year to see if we like it. 🙂

• Peggy says:

Hi Christine…This looks like another GREAT ONE! I’ll try to remember to cover you each week in prayer as you battle with this one because be on high alert the enemy will be sure to rear his ugly head. But your comment shows that you are strong and courageous…so PRESS ON! You have HIS VICTORY on your side and you have planted and stood firmly. Praise God! You will NOT be shaken. You show ’em.

Love, peace in Christ and much warfare prayer and covering,
    Peggy
    I’ll let you know if and when I can join.
    Even the comments are giving a bit of an enemy attack and block…persisting 2try

Thank you Peggy. He is going at me full force, and I’ve already finished reading most of the book. When I got to the chapter on “When You’re Attacked” the author presented two examples of a full frontal attack. Both examples happened to me earlier this year, and I saw confirmation in the book that these full attacks were to keep me from speaking out in God’s name. The author warns that each time he does a presentation on the book, he and his family are attacked. I thought to delay this study until after the holidays, when an attack would be less destructive for me. I thought about canceling the study completely. Above these, I thought about Jesus, a man who was without sin and shed his blood for me. In loyalty, I will move forward with the study and put of a full shield of armor to protect me as I lead the lessons each week. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

• Peggy says:

Blessing Christine…

Still covering you in PRAYER!!! Sorry about the 2 attacks that you’ve shared already… be sure you are equipped and have your full armor on each day…

I see the group is growing. And as you can see, my attack of not being able to have internet or open and leave comments is DONE, it’s defeated!

I love the RESOURCES you’ve shared and I’m reading and reading in hopes to be ready on Monday with the first 4 chapter, but mine is in Kindle for PC.

I shared on my blog on Thurs. I’m from Minnesota but living in Mexico.
        Spiritual warfare is part of my daily life. Anyways, I’m gonna try but you look like you’re doing this way too fast for me. I don’t do Twitter or Facebook. My Spiritual attack was not having internet working, telling me unavailable, loosing comments or not being able to fully open… like 7. I reacted wrong at first, in frustration. Now I’ve taken the problem to my Defender, My Problem Solver in prayer and HERE I AM! With my book in PC!!! Ready to battle! Sword drawn!!!

Listening to Chip’s Preview Full session of Invisible War for the second time:

I really pray that lice is gone and all else is covered so we can look forward to battling with a full army and you as our leader! “Be strong and courageous!” I know you will… in Christ Jesus! Thank YOU!!!

Peace in Christ,
        Peggy

Your prayers were answered Peggy. After 15 hours of cleaning my home and 10 loads of laundry, I sent my daughter to school. The teacher informed me she found a nit (lice egg) in Katie’s hair. I called a professional “lice lady” and she came to our home yesterday. She wore magnifying glasses and found 13 lice and 23 nits in Katie’s hair, They are so small, they look like small pieces of dirt…until the dirt begins to move. 😉 I had to pay $107 for the one hour service, and she will return next week to repeat the treatment. She checked my hair and I did not have any lice or nits. The Lice Lady told me it appears my daughter was infected three weeks ago, though the school announced the outbreak last week. About three weeks ago I announced we would be having a spiritual warfare bible study!

PS-I forgot to mention the dead roof rat we found last week. We discovered it when our master bedroom started smelling like a dead rat.

The enemy is annoying me. He knows he cannot harm me and he also knows I am going to share the story of how he visited me and I was able to fight him off. Of course, he does not want believers to know how I did this. These annoyances are a testament from Satan that he is watching me and aware of what I’m doing. I’m under the umbrella of protection so all he can do is send rodents, lice, and dead rats. At the same time, the Holy Spirit has been covering me with the most beautiful dreams of my entire life! Each morning I wake up with the knowledge “I am loved by the Father, guided by the Son, and protected by the Spirit.”

• Peggy says:

AMEN!!!

“Each morning I wake up with the knowledge “I am loved by the Father, guided by the Son, and protected by the Spirit.” PRAISE GOD!!!

Many, many blessings on you and your daughter and family!!!

Love in Christ and peace as you are protected in Our Lord,