During our study of Jonah Navigating a Life Interrupted, author Priscilla Shirer asked us at the end of each chapter to write a short list of navigation skills. I really enjoyed this aspect of the lesson and the tiny space she gave us to write each summary. It helps us to “shorten” our language into a few words and sentences for navigating a life interrupted. Below are the navigation skills I learned while participating in this six-week online bible study. Your navigation skills may be different than mine.
My Navigation Tools from Week 1
- Prepare to be interrupted.
- Partner with God
- Accept the Divine Intervention 100%
- Be a manager, not an owner
- Do not listen to feelings, listen to the heart
My Navigation Tools from Week 2
- Do not delay obedience.
- Do not run when God calls.
- Do not give in to temptation.
- Do not ignore God.
- Always expect God’s goodness, even in my rebellion.
My Navigation Tools from Week 3
- Look for signs from God that I’m headed in the wrong direction.
- Look for and accept God’s discipline.
- Align myself with God, always.
- Go with God’s will, not mine.
- Depend on scripture verses for desperate prayers.
My Navigation Tools from Week 4
- God allows second chances.
- Allow God to find me, don’t hide.
- Take the long road to God’s will, shortcuts not acceptable.
- Move forward without dependence on perfection.
- Act on his will. Sacrifice on His command.
My Navigation Tools from Week 5
- Speak in Love (His name)
- I’m never outmatched with God inside my heart.
- God sets the course before the game.
- Obedience equals results.
- Place hope in a compassionate God.
My Navigation Tools from Week 6
- Accept the will of God without complaint.
- Walking by the Spirit does not permit anger at God.
- Align my priorities with God.
- Divine Discipline is an act of God’s love.
- See the world from God’s perspective.
Look back through your six-week bible study and read the navigation skills you wrote down. Find a few of your favorites and share them here with the group.
Navigating my way with God beside me,