Halfway to Nineveh

By August 26, 2010Jonah

We’re halfway through our Jonah bible study and at the halfway point of finding our own Nineveh. On page 73 in the workbook,Priscilla Shirer instructs you to “raise your hands to Him in submission and surrender and commit to go where He is leading.”

Where do your find God leading you? If you know the answer, please share your response below. If you’re uncertain, continue to pray and spend time with God through the remaining three weeks and listen to His quiet whisper.

• Michelle says:

God is leading me to obedience to make changes in my life and behaviors that are pleasing to Him. Specifically in the areas of service and parenting and taking care of myself.

God is still leading me to share dreams, and its very uncomfortable for me. In fact, I’d rather have five root canals than do this! I’ve dragged my feet, found excuses and simply misunderstood His direction. Who do I tell, when do I tell, what do I say…questions I’ve been asking, without His response.

Reading Johan Chapter four, I realize I was only sharing my dreams with family, friends and people I felt comfortable with, such as the women in bible study. God wants more than that from me. When I prayed, He revealed that I have pride and He wants to humble me. My obedience to Him is to reveal that He speaks to me in dreams and visions, humble myself, and let go of pride. Pride says I’ll be humiliated, rejected, teased, condemned and attract unwanted attention. If you’ve ever been abused, the last thing you want to do is attract attention to yourself. You create a veil and hope nobody sees you. God wants to tear down the veil. God says “I want this for you so I can show you how much I love you. I want to be the center of your world.” So I’m on round two, my second chance, as I share my earthquake dream on Twitter with 8,000 followers.

Gulp!

• Wendy says:

He is leading me back to active worship, since we have moved and left the only church I have ever known I am having difficulty finding a new home in a church. I have my eyes set on a community church, God just needs to kick me out the door and go.

Maybe He’s not sending you there for Wendy, but rather for this church or somebody in the church that He wants you to minister to. Pray, follow His voice and see where it leads you.

• carla says:

Getting more involved in ministry. Also, I’ve been praying for more clarity/ guidance as I’ve felt lead to help a young family member who has seemed to have lost her way and dreams.

• Joeanna says:

God wants me to dream big dreams….

• Mary Ann says:

I truly feel God pushing me to share my financial talents with others. I feel as if I am just like Jonah—I’ve already tried to hide in the “bottom of the ship” and now, I realize there is nowhere to hide so I’m saying just “throw me overboard”. I’ve accepted what I must do. Thank you, Father, for divine intervention! Now, guide me as I take on this endeavor.

• Sue Schwendemann says:

I think Yahweh is trying to get me to learn obedience, and follow Him. Learn to trust Him totally. Blessing to all.

• Tonya says:

I believe God is leading me to be a better follower listener