Rarely do people talking about the benefits of failing…so when you read Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes Into Stepping Stones For Success by John C Maxwell your eyes see a different view in the bathroom mirror! The book begins with a comparison of failing backwards (we’ve all been there) with failing forward. Each chapter concludes with a summary box and an action step for success. There are many examples of failures resulting in success and with each failure came an opportunity to let go, and go back or move forward.
About the Book
The focus of the book is accepting our mistakes and finding personal growth and even success inside them. It’s a good resource for business people as well as parents who’d like to encourage their children to accept mistakes and never give up. If you struggle with being perfect or never living up to standards your parents established for you, then you will benefit from the wisdom of this book.
About the Author
John C Maxwell is internationally known as a leadership expert, speaker and author with over 12 million books sold. He has trained more than one million leaders worldwide. You can read his personal blog John Maxwell on Leadership or you can follow him on twitter.com/johncmaxwell
Favorite Quotes by John C Maxwell
- There is no achievement without failure.
- Make each failure a step to success.
- All roads to achievement lead through the land of failure.
- Failure is simply the price we pay to achieve success.
- When achievers fail, they see it as a momentary event not a lifelong epidemic.
- Failure is an inside job. So is success.
- Excuses, no matter how strong, never lead to achievement.
- The only way you can get ahead is to fail early, fail often and fail forward.
- Always measure an obstacle next to the size of the dream you’re pursuing.
Favorite Scripture from the Book
None. This book is written for the business audience.