If you want to deepen your prayer life, then you’ll want to explore Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose by Dutch Sheets. The book begins with a clear definition of power and authority from a spiritual perspective and ends with seven principles for determining the authority you have in prayer.
About the Book
The focus of the book is finding power and authority in your prayers, specifically to overcome the dark spiritual forces of this world. Dutch gives numerous examples from his personal prayer life as well as the lives of key leaders and speakers. The examples are encouraging and uplifting, with specific instruction. The book includes references to prophetic dreams, visions and the work of the Holy Spirit. Dutch has been called to pray for America and shares examples of his work from locations throughout the United States.
About the Author
Dutch Sheets is internationally known as a pastor, speaker and author. He is the senior pastor of Freedom Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He is also the author of Intercessory Prayer. You can find more information at Dutch Sheets Ministries
Favorite Quotes by Dutch Sheets
- The more you learn to govern your world the way God intends, the more His cause prospers.
- God needs your voice, not your perfection.
- Christ took the keys of death and became the forever antidote for its sting.
- God gives authority to those who think the way He thinks and want what He wants.
- Jesus always endeavored to find out what the Father wanted and then to fulfill His pleasure. We must do the same.
- Favor, provision and authority follow the receiving of God’s heart.
- Without Christ, we’re easy prey for sin, Satan, and life’s negative circumstances.
- What God does on earth He does through His people.
Favorite Scripture from the Book
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. Isaiah 22:22