We’re halfway through our study of Ruth: Loss, Love and Legacy as we complete session three. This week was filled with many concepts, such as kindness, humility, righteousness, gifting and redemption. Each concept and lesson seemed to reach deep into my heart.
- In kindness, I learned that I have more to give and my sacrifice only touches the surface of the field
- In humility, I learned that I need to embrace humbleness rather than fear it
- In righteousness, I learned that Jesus covers me in white linen
- In gifting, I learned that I need to move from dependent to provider in my family
- In redemption, I learned that I am an heir in the family of Christ
Although we are reading scripture from Biblical times, the messages are relevant to life today when we stop, read a verse at a time, and think about today’s application. If you turn to the back of the workbook, on page 169, Kelly Minter has created a playlist for this weeks study. We’ve selected one of the songs from her list, so enjoy the music God of Justice, We Must Go by Tim Hughes:
Thank you for posting your prayer needs, we have been praying for you individually. If you have a special request, so please post your prayer requests here.
Kelly Minter Quotes
- When God has ordained the humbling, you can be certain that His love is the catalyst.
- All are welcome at this humble table.
- Apart from Christ, we are excluded from the right to dine at God’s table.
- We all have something to give, even if we are broke or broken.
This Week’s Scripture Verses-NIV
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. 2 Cor 8:9
Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. Galatians 4:6-7
Group Discussion- Answer ONE or as MANY as you like!
- Are you in a season of reaping (cutting the harvest), sowing (planting the harvest) or both? How can you be generous in your season of reaping or sowing?
- Does God have you in a season of humbling, or have you walked in one in your past? What happened during your season?
- On page 70 Kelly asks “How did you find refuge under the wings of God?” If you have experienced His refuge, please share your story below.