Getting Back on Track

Bible Cafe for Women

Where is Christine?

Sorry about the “pause” in our current study…I’ve had a rather eventful week and our study will resume on Monday. In short, two things happened to slow down our study:

1) I was hacked. Everywhere…my Twitter and Facebook accounts were hacked. Even my Life-Verse blog was hacked. The one place I was not hacked was my business site…it has 3 layers of security and remains protected.

2) I was ill and spent 3 days in the hospital. The cortisone shots I received for my frozen shoulder have sent my body into “hypoglycemia” and I even passed out…got the scar on my chin to remind me I hit the floor hard, at the hospital!  I have follow-up appts to manage this with my doctors. A diet change and exercise plan are forthcoming.

Slowly I am finding energy to write, tweet and balance the blood sugar problem. Meanwhile, I will continue to write the blog updates. Beginning tomorrow. I’m reading my workbook and will post updates once again.

The worst part of all this…I had to give up my LATTE drinks. Learning to drink tea.

Sigh.

I lost 6,456 followers on my Twitter account. Each person was special and important…now I need to go out and rebuild that community of friends. That requires energy, which I do not have just yet.

Please pray for health….many {{{hugs}}} of gratitude. Raising my tea-with-milk-and-honey c(_)p !!!

I pray that God gives you strength but also must agree with Susan and say “get your rest” and make sure you are well enough before you dive back in. Praise God that you are on the mend. My prayers are with you. May He continue to bless you!! and may I be a little selfish? bless us with your presence!!

• Pam says:

Am so sorry to hear!!! you do so much for so many by having these sites, leading the studies, and I feel I know you, even though we’ve never met. I am doing new diet and changes aren’t easy, but you have to take care of yourself. I’m selfish. I want you around!! Is the caffeine the problem? I’m a coffee drinker too, but find I like Chai teas, or even black licorice tea…Glad to see you back, and please put yourself as a priority! Take Care, God bless you!!!! and as for the diet…sigh, we just have to take each day at a time with those changes…hope you have a good nutritionist.

• lynda says:

NOT FUN!!! I’m so sorry but will share with you that being hypoglycemic is not so bad when you keep it under control and it isn’t terribly difficult to do that. AND tea is wonderful…. I am not a coffee drinker at all (caffeine and Holy Spirit don’t have a symbiotic relationshp in my body) and have found many really delicious teas over the years. Black teas can be bitter and my doctor said they are the #1 cause of kidney stones so limit those but rooibos (aka red bush) teas are THE MOST healthy tea there is and you can get it in MANY wonderful flavors.

I’m praying for you!

• Barbara says:

Chritine,I am praying for you.Glad you are doing better now.Love your site very encouraging to me.

• Bridget Haymond says:

Christine, I’m so sorry about all you have been through recently, but glad to have you back safe and sound! Your followers and friends will find you and return, and I’ll help spread the word! Meanwhile, welcome back and take care of yourself!

Enjoy the tea c(_)*clink *

• Lil says:

Oh no I love this site and your twitter. Im so sorry. God is with you, take this time to relax. What you do has meant so much to so many people and God will honor that.

you have been in my prayers – -I assumed something had happened – -make sure to get your rest – – we’ve missed you, but if you need more recoop time we’ll all understand! keeping you in my prayers – – and as a tea drinker – make sure to try several of the flavored teas! yumm!

• Rosalyn says:

Hi Christine Sorry to hear of your trying week. I pray that God restores you in every area. Be encouraged.

OMG no more LATTE!!!! 🙂 Oh well thats not so bad!! Hang in there. Look forward to the study together.