More of His Spirit-Seminar Three (Day 5)

HopeWe’re at the end of week three in Pursuing More of Jesus and concluding our inductive study of John Chapter 14. Once again the comments are amazing-thank you to everyone who is sharing and listening.

Yesterday we posted a survey for our next Bible Study the Anniversary Edition of Breaking Free by Beth Moore. Be sure to share your thoughts about the start of the next study. Do we continue the momentum and jump into the next study, do we start the next study in two months, or do we move along and take a two week break during Christmas vacation? Your opinion matters, so please share it in the right column when you vote.

Today’s Scripture Verse

All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:25-27

Thank you Lord, for sending the Holy Spirit into our lives and for blessing us with the peace of Jesus. We are not troubled nor afraid, because we choose to love Jesus and follow him with our hearts. Let us share his love with our family, children, friends and non-believers- knowing that having Jesus in your heart and the Holy Spirit as your Counselor is the greatest peace we’ll ever know. Amen.

Individual Activity

Complete pages 58-59 in your workbook.

Group Activity

What does this passage mean to you?

• Desiree says:

Today’s scripture is very reassuring. It reassures me that I will know what I need to know, when I need to know it. It is comforting in the sense that I am not to worry or be afraid, and that God will teach me in a way that I can understand and accept. This actually makes it easier for me to be open and receptive to all that God has to offer. Hallelujiah!!

Hallelujiah!! Great words to hear, I prayed with all my heart for you yesterday Desiree. Praying that God speaks and touches your heart and brings clarity to the study.

• Desiree says:

Thank you so very much Christine. It seems that the more I read, very slowly, things are starting to make sense. It is not happening as quickly or as easily as I thought it would, but I can say that I am starting to feel more comfortable. I still have a long way to go, but at least now I can see the possibilities God has in store for me. Thank you again!!

The verse reminds me of how we speak to our children-with love, reassurance and encouragement. Jesus speaks this way to the disciples just hours before his death. Why? Because he KNOWS their hearts and has compassion for their pain. His voice comforts them. “Do not LET your hearts be troubled” tells me that it’s a choice: feel sadness and pain or feel peace.

I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. (The Message)

• Theresa says:

This last study of the week just totally lightens me up. It makes this week of struggling to understand make sense. This is a beautiful set of scripture.

To me is says “Don’t worry, be peaceful…I promise that not only with the Counselor/Holy Spirit teach you anew, He will refresh you of my words also! The Spirit and my Peace is what I leave you!”

It’s all Good! It’s all Great! To me it is like my mom telling me when I was little and she had to leave for work. “I’ll be back, I love you, If you need anything Claudia is here for you.” He has left us the most amazing sitter of all.

I will take the Holy Spirit as my conscious- long before Jimmney Cricket!

• pam says:

Don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid. Be at peace, take my peace upon you and in you. Be at peace. Untrouble your soul, rest your weary mind, trust in me.
    Wrap yourself in the blanket of my protection and rest. For I am Your God, and I love you. Be at rest. Quiet yourself. Still…resting in Me for My Spirit is in you and you can rest in my peace. Stop your anxious thoughts. Stop searching so hard. It’s time to trust. It’s time to let me have it for awhile. Relax. I’m in control. Relax….rest…be still my child ..I am Your Father, and I love you. I love You….I love you…give all your worries to me…I am teaching you even now,,I am teaching trust. Trust in me. Trust in my Love for You. Trust. Be not afriad, but at peace and calm in your soul.