Introductions for the New Bible Study

Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

We’re beginning to post the introductions for the new Bible Study which begins on Sept. 14, 2009. If you feel comfortable, please reply with the following information:

• Your first name or a pseudo-name
  • Your city or state
  • Your favorite dessert

In the last study, we had a unique list of introductions and we shared our favorite cafe drinks. This time, we’re sharing our favorite desserts! So post a comment below if you are participating in the new study “Pursuing More of Jesus” and welcome to the cafe!

• Marcia says:

My name is Marcia,I live in Thompson,Ct. My favorite dessert would probably be warm homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

• Lofarain says:

Hello everyone. I’m so glad I found this site! Anyway, I live in Worcester, MA and my favorite dessert currently is oatmeal raisin cookies. I say “currently” because my favorite dessert changes as frequent as the New England weather 🙂 It’s a pleasure to meet you all and hope I will be able to grow in Christ with you ladies.

• Danielle says:

Hello everyone! My name is Danielle (Twitter @danielleino), I live in the SF Bay Area – California. I am engaged to be married in 3 1/2 short months, and have a wonderful 2 year old son. This is my first EVER Bible study and I’m so looking forward to this experience.

My favorite dessert is tart frozen yogurt with coconut!! MMMMM!

• Hello all! I’m Amanda known as @anjyldream on twitter. I’m really excited about this group… we all need more bible study in our lives.

I live in Talent, Oregon

and my favorite dessert is Cold Stone’s Ice Cream cupcakes… pure heaven (so much I think God holds the secret recipe in his hands and only shares it w/the makers at Cold Stone!)

• Debbie says:

Hello everyone. My name is Debbie and I presently live in Florida. A favorite desert..hmmm…hot fudge sundae, vanilla ice cream, whip cream and chopped walnuts or pecans

This is my first online Bible study and is my first Bible study at all

• Doretta says:

Hi I’m from Kentucky. My favorite cake is Banana Split Cake. So Rich but so yummy.

• Tammy says:

Hi y’all….I am Tammy and I live Alabama. On Twitter I am GreekGRITS, which stands for Greek Girl Raised In The South. And narrowing down a favorite dessert is awfully difficult, but I’m going to go with chocolate chip cookies.

This is my first online Bible study and my first Bible study in a long time. I’m excited.

• Christine Stanford says:

Hi Everyone,
    My Name is Christine. I live in Cheyenne, WY. and my favorite dessert is Blueberry Cheesecake. This is my first online bible study and I am really looking forward to it.

• Michelle says:

Hello All!
    I’m Michelle. I’ve been uprooted from Texas and am now in Las Vegas, NV. My favorite desert is currently Marie Callendar’s Fresh Strawberry Pie with a touch of Whipped Cream. I am looking forward to beginning Pursuing More of Jesus.. My first study by Ann Lotz too.
    Sending Prayers out to all of you!

• Myriam says:

Hello everyone
    My name is Myriam. I live in New York and have one child (9 year old). My favorite desert is cheesecake (love them all). I purchased my book while visiting Florida specifically Fort Lauderdale last Tuesday and looking forward to the study. This is my first study by A. Lotz.
    I have done a lot of Kay Arthur\Beth Moore studies.

Blessings.

• Shelley says:

My name is Shelley I am 36 and married. I live in Florida. My favorite dessert is Chocolate Cupcakes with buttercream icing. I am ready to begin this study.

• carole says:

My name is Carole – I am 47 and single. I live in Raleigh, NC but am really a transplanted Midwesterner (the REAL Midwest – Iowa/MN/ND). ONE favorite dessert?!? Whichever one you’re serving is my favorite at the moment! Got my workbook and am ready to try my first on-line study!

• Lynne says:

Hi! I am Lynne and I am from Marion, NC I am looking forward to this study it is my first on line study. My favorite dessert is peach cobbler and coffee

• Pam says:

I’m Pam and I am from Valley of the Flowers, Lompoc, CA and this is my first online study, although I have attended several “live” studies, I am excited about this opportunity! My favorite dessert is a “7Layer Bar” full of good stuff.i.e, graham crackers, sugar, butter crust and then evaporated milk with chocolate and butterscotch chips, nuts, and coconut, maybe more, but that’s all I remember off the top of my head! Then of course you have to have a good cup of French Roast! hmmmhmmm good! so, with that in mind…..I am sooo off my diet! Ha! Look forward to learning!

• Theresa says:

Pam….I love Lompoc’s Tortillas….YUMMY

We lived in Pismo for a few years. My father was from the Santa Maria area. He had a trucking company and did alot of work for Lompoc RediMix.

I miss Central Cal!!

• Nickie says:

I just found your this site and I am really going to enjoy it…I love bible studies and I have wanted to do this study for a while…my name is Nickie and I am from Worcester, MA…my favorite desert is apple pie/crisp with vanilla ice cream on top of it…looking forward to getting to know you all.. 🙂 blessing -Nickie

• Barbara says:

Hello everyone, My name is Barbara and I’m from Greenville, SC. My favorite desert is Homemade Vanilla Bluebell Ice Cream (actually, any flavor BlueBell is fine for me). I have my materials ready and anxiously awaiting the start of the bible study.

• Nicole says:

Hi I’m Nicole. I live in Nashville TN. And my favorite desert would have to be cheesecake!!

• Debra says:

Hello, My name is Debra I’m from AL. This is my first online bible study. I’ve completed several other bible studies and always enjoyed them and learned alot. My favorite dessert is Red Velvet Cake.

• Brenda says:

Hello! My name is Brenda, and you can twitter me @sillychilly. This will be my first online Bible study, and I am so very excited! I have been married for eight years to a wonderful born-again Christian, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. My favourite dessert would have to be cherry pie, with a very close second being Caramel Pecan Crunch Frozen Yogurt. However, I must admit that I have a weakness for salt that challenges my sweet cravings and very often wins out, so I DO relate on a deep level to Theresa’a choice of FRENCH FRIES!!! I would definitely give them a vote… as long as there is an ample supply of SALT available to apply! Mmmmmm gooood!!! Can’t wait!

• Desiree says:

Hello everyone!

I’m Desiree but I also go by “Mommy Reporter.” I am in Las Vegas, NV and I am really looking forward to the study. My favorite dessert is the Tiramisu cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. In my younger days, I would sometimes have a piece of that delicious cake for dinner–and nothing else! I also love anything with chocolate and mint. 🙂

I’ve never been to the Cheesecake Factory….you just gave me an incentive to go!

• Brenda says:

Hi Desiree! It is great to meet you, and if you love a chocolate and mint combo, I have a great and simple recipe for cake cookies. It produces delicious, chocolatey, chewy cookies with mint chips! If you would like the recipe, let me know!

• TAMMY says:

Hi!! My name is Tammy. I live in Merryville, La.
    My favorite dessert is Texas Sheet Cake ( I looove
    choc)
    I already have my book, ready to go.

• Charmaine says:

Hi! I’m Charmaine and I live in Nashville, Tn. I am married (34 years)but no biological children. Have taken a few in though that had nowhere to go. My favorite dessert is any kind of pie except raisin. If I have a weakness for desserts it is pie. Glad to be here.

I’ve had a craving for Pumpkin Pie ever since Starbucks started selling the Pumpkin Pie Lattes. Not a fan of the latte (too sweet) but I do like pumpkin pie with whip cream in the fall.

• Elena says:

Hi, I am Elena – twitter @casmarele – and I live in Northern California in the East Bay Area. I am very excited to be doing an online study as I am a working mom of a 10 year old and a 4 year old, so getting out to church for studies is challenging to say the least. My favorite dessert is called “Precious Pup Pie” a very simple concoction of graham cracker crust and layers of different flavored puddings with Cool Whip on top – my mom makes it on special occasions, one of these days I’ll attempt it too.

• Theresa says:

Hi I am Theresa, Twitter @theresa162, I live in Northern California, way North of Christine. 🙂 I have been married for 18 years. I have a teen son, 16 and a teen daughter, 14. I am not a big sweet eater, but would like to try the Champangne Cake that Christine talked about. I Love FRENCH FRIES.

• Pam says:

Hi! I just found your site and ordered for your new study. Am looking forward to it! I live in the valley of the flowers in California, and one of my favorite desserts is 7 layer bars…graham crackers,melted butter, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, evaporated milk, nuts, a little coconut, hmmmmm good! where’s the coffe to go with it?????
    BUT, I am also doing THIN WITHIN study right now, so enuf of that! 🙂

My name is Christine and my Twitter name is @LifeVerse. I live in Northern California near San Francisco. I’m the mom of two daughters, married 17 years. My favorite dessert is a Champagne Cake…i’ts a fluffy white cake, with pink shaved icing chips, and a creme filling. I’ve been eating those since I was about 6 years old for special birthday’s. Last year my Mom bought me one as a gift- what memories!

• Desiree says:

Hi Christine,

I recognize you from Twitter!

Do you have a recipe for that cake? My birthday is on Monday and I’d like to try and make it… it sounds yummy!!

I’m sorry I don’t have a recipe for the cake, we always get it at the local bakery. I think the fancy food stores now sell it, my Mom found one there last year.