New Bible Study for Women

PursuingBook

For the next Bible Study, we’ve selected the book “Pursuing More of Jesus” by Anne Graham Lotz.

Our next study will begin on September 14, 2009.

Please purchase your workbooks from Lifeway Stores to participate in the study.

• Denise says:

I recommend that the workshop Anne uses for any of her 5-step method inductive study be done by a teacher live with your group to let the group members actively particpate in doing each step and hearing one another discuss their responses. It builds confidence and excitement when you do it live. Women recognize that there is no ONE RIGHT ANSWER for each step. Watching it on a video is better than no workshop at all, but doing it live with a group is much more effective. We found fewer women getting discouraged and giving up on the method if they had this time for Q and A before starting the actual study. It would even be great to do the workshop with your small group leaders first before doing it with the large group. That way the leaders would be more confident in helping the women in their small groups.

We agree with you Denise, which is why we no longer offer the inductive format online. Women who participate online come here for the safety and the convenience of the study, as some even feel uncomfortable in church or small group. We’ve created this safe place for them to study together, learn together and grow in faith. With over 18,000 people visiting this site each month, we encourage women to grow in faith through womens Bible study. An inductive study is better in a face-to-face small group format. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

• Nickie says:

I really want to be a part of this study…I am praying that I am signing up in the right place…looking forward to all the feedback on this class. blessing to you all -Nickie

I’m excited about doing a women’s Bible Study – I’m from a small church and haven’t had a chance to do a women only study for awhile . .and I love Anne Graham Lotz – – I can’t wait to get started!

• Doretta Mills says:

I am looking forward to participating in this study.

• Christine Smith says:

This Bible cafe was created JUST for women like you! Too many women miss the opportunity to study together because of illness, kids, work, etc. Here we study independently and share our spiritual growth with one another. Welcome Charmaine.

• Charmaine Huey says:

I will be participating. This is a welcome delight to me. It has been hard for me to commit to going out to a Bible Study recently due to chronic pain in lower back and neck. Had couple discs removed in neck and surgery was not a total success. I have good days and bad days. My life has changed drastically but I’m fighting my way back in His strength.. I’ve taken many Kay Arthur and Beth Moore studies and enjoy them so. God has blessed me with finding this site through Twitter. So happy to see the internet being used for the glory of God. Look forward to this.

• Thanks for the response and explanation. I’m looking forward to participating in the study.

Thanks again!!

• Tangela says:

Soooooo excited about the study. This is my first time participating in an online Bible Study group. We are starting this study next week at the church I attend. So I will get a “double dose” of info. Can’t wait! 🙂

• I have another question. How does the bible study work? Is there going to be a chat room? Is it scheduled for a certain time? Will we be able to ask questions? Can we connect with others who are also participating in the study?

I’ve never done a bible study online before so I’m curious as to how it will work.

Thanks!!

• This is exactly what I was looking for… where do I order my book? No worries… I’ll find it. Thanks, looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

• Nicole says:

I will be getting mine as soon as I get the money for it:)

• Shelley says:

Ordered mine! I cannot wait

• Mary Anne says:

This sounds great!! I can’t wait to get started!

• Thank you Theresa for inviting me and giving me the chance to grow in Christ with you and other women. A chance to make even more friends in the family of God. I live near a Lifeway store I will go and but my book!

Wanda

• Danielle says:

I just ordered mine!

I’m so very excited for this to start, this will be my first Bible study! – Thank you!

• Theresa says:

I just Ordered It.

My Birthday is the 13th….We are going to Hawaii the 14th. Maybe I can find the time to get the first week done on the 5 hour plane ride over. LOL

So looking forward to this!!