When is the next study?
Please visit our Sign-Up Page
How do I subscribe to the Bible study?
- There is no fee to participate in the online small group, so you do not need to subscribe. We do recommend that you sign up to get the blog posts by email. Look in the top right of this page, and you’ll see a place to put your email address, or click here to register for the email updates. This will lead you to Feedburner, a blog tool that allows us to send you posts by email. We protect your email address and do not sell or spam with information.
Why don’t I get the weekly updates for my bible study?
- You did not subscribe to the website by email (see above) or you did not click the confirmation email from Feedburner to verify your email address. Check your spam folder. If you are using gmail or yahoo, you need to login to the mail via the web and check your spam folder.
- We do NOT send daily emails for Bible study. You’ll get ONE update per week on Monday.
When do I start reading my study book?
- On the day the study begins, you will start reading week one in the book. We allow time for all the women to receive their workbooks and then we start reading as a group on the day the study begins.
What day and time do we meet?
- Facebook groups are optional for the study, though highly recommended.
- We use “closed groups” feature on Facebook. You must join our Facebook group in order to see the comments in the group.
- You are NOT assigned a small group leader. Once you join the facebook group, look under “pinned posts” at the top of the page and select a day and time that works for your schedule. You are welcome to participate in any of the small groups. If you miss your regular group, attend a different group in the week.
- Women all over the world are participating in the online study, so we have small groups meeting in various time zones. We meet on different days and times…in a private group.
- To see our current schedule click here: http://www.womensbiblecafe.com/small-groups/
- If you are not participating via the Facebook small groups, you can post a comment here on the website each week to answer the discussion questions.
How do I participate in online study?
- Similar to a church small group, we’ll ask questions about the current lesson. Please post a comment and answer or ask another question. We’ll also accept any prayer requests and support you in your study. We learn from one another, so every question and comment is helpful.
How many women are in each study?
- We typically have 500-700+ women participating in each study at the Womens Bible Cafe. We are supported by a team of 25 ministry leaders and offer 15 small group discussions each week. There are about 10-20 women participating in each small group depending on the time of day. The rest of the women participate by posting comments on the website each week.
I can’t afford the book, do you have scholarships?
- No. You are responsible for your own workbook. We are a 100% volunteer ministry and our leaders buy their own workbooks for study with their own household money.
- Please ask your local church for a donation to cover your workbook, or see if the book is available at your library.
- See where you can trim your budget to cover the cost…most books are about $10 to $15 USD and this is the cost of 3 coffee drinks, half a pizza, or one movie ticket. Pray on this and ask the Lord to convict you where you can save money to invest in your personal Bible study. You need to save about $3.75 a week for one month to buy a workbook. Plan ahead for this…we recommend following Dave Ramsey for methods to save money.
How do I get a photo or image next to my name when I make a comment?
- If you’d like your own picture by your comment, go to Gravatar.com. Click the first button “Get your gravatar today ->”, and it will walk you through a simple process to select a picture.
What church are you affiliated with?
- We are nondenominational and all Christian women are welcome to participate.
What Bible do you use for online study?
- Most of the Bible study authors use the older NIV bible or NKJV and many authors use numerous translations such as ESV, NLT, Message, Amplified, HCSB, etc… Since we are non-denominational we do not require a specific Bible translation and we do NOT argue over which Bible translation is correct. We recommend using the Bible format your pastor or priest recommends and ask you to respect the Bible translations the other women are using in their denominations. If you want to translate the Bible to complete your workbook study or gain further understanding, we suggest using www.BibleGateway.com or a similar site.
What happens if I start late or take a week vacation and fall behind?
- No worries. The online bible study format allows you not to miss anything, because the discussions are ongoing and never removed. So you can join anytime and catch up, or fall behind without guilt.
Where can I find the audio/video segments for the study?
- Not all authors have audio or video segments for their Bible studies. If they are available, we’ll let you know. Because of copyright laws, and our respect for the authors, we do not provide these at the Bible Cafe. If you want to include them in your study, you need to purchase them from the publisher or author. These are highly recommended, however due to the cost they are optional for the online study. If you participate in a local church study, they often play the videos at church for women’s Bible study.
Personal Safety and Spamming
- For your personal safety, we do not recommend giving out your phone number, home address or any other personal information to the women you meet in online study. We’ve made numerous efforts to keep spammers out of the Bible study small groups, however someone may seek to earn your trust and then sell you a product or service.
Use of Womens Bible Cafe™ Name
- The Womens Bible Cafe™ name has been in use since 2009 and is associated only with the ministry of Christine Smith at www.WomensBibleCafe.com The use of the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or a variation of the name with any other Twitter, Yahoo, Pinetrest, Instagram, Facebook group or page is strictly prohibited. We’ve had more than 5,000 women participate in our online Bible studies and it would confuse them if someone misuses the name Womens Bible Cafe™ If you are a participating in our online Bible studies and would like to make Facebook pages for your groups, please do not use the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or a variation of our name.
If you have any questions about online Bible study, please post them below.