When is the next study?
Please visit our Sign-Up Page
How do I subscribe to the Bible study?
- We recommend that you sign up to get the Bible study updates by email. Look in the top right of this page, and you’ll see a place to put your email address, or click here to register for the email updates. This will lead you to Feedburner, a blog tool that allows us to send you posts by email. We protect your email address and do not sell or spam with information.
Why don’t I get the weekly email updates for my bible study?
- You did not subscribe to the website by email (see above) or you did not click the confirmation email from Feedburner to verify your email address. Check your spam folder. If you are using gmail or yahoo, you need to login to the mail via the web and check your spam folder.
- You’ll get one update per week for your Bible study.
When do I start reading my study book?
- On the day the study begins, you will start reading week one in the book. We allow time for all the women to receive their workbooks and then we start reading as a group on the day the study begins.
What day and time do we meet?
- We use “closed groups” feature on Facebook. You must join our Facebook group in order to see the comments in the group.
- You are NOT assigned a small group leader. Once you join the facebook group, look under “pinned posts” at the top of the page and select a day and time that works for your schedule. You are welcome to participate in any of the small groups. If you miss your regular group, attend a different group in the week.
- Women all over the world are participating in the online study, so we have small groups meeting in various time zones. We meet on different days and times…in a private group.
- To see our current schedule click here: http://www.womensbiblecafe.com/small-groups/
- If you are not participating via the Facebook small groups, you can post a comment here on the website each week to answer the discussion questions. Facebook groups are optional for the study, though highly recommended.
How do I participate in online study?
- Similar to a church small group, we’ll ask questions about the current lesson. Please post a comment and answer or ask another question. We’ll also accept any prayer requests and support you in your study. We learn from one another, so every question and comment is helpful.
I can’t afford the book, do you have scholarships?
- We would love to offer scholarships, but at this time we have not received any donations. Should scholarships become available, we will send out information via our newsletter. Be sure you are signed up by entering your email address in the right side of this page!
- WBC is operated 100% by volunteers. We do not sell any products, nor does anyone get a salary. In order to provide the very best website, our leaders have incurred expenses (images, domain name, hosting, web design). Our leaders buy their own workbooks for their personal study.
- Please ask your local church for a donation to cover your workbook, or see if the book is available at your library.
How do I get a photo or image next to my name when I make a comment?
- If you’d like your own picture by your comment, go to Gravatar.com. Click the first button “Get your gravatar today ->”, and it will walk you through a simple process to select a picture.
How do I become a volunteer at the Womens Bible Cafe?
- Our biggest volunteer need is to join our prayer team. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other volunteer needs are managed by our existing team of 30 women.
What church are you affiliated with?
- We are nondenominational and all Christian women are welcome to participate.
What Bible do you use for online study?
- Most of the Bible study authors use the older NIV bible or NKJV and many authors use numerous translations such as ESV, NLT, Message, Amplified, HCSB, etc… Since we are non-denominational we do not require a specific Bible translation and we do NOT argue over which Bible translation is correct. We recommend using the Bible format your pastor or priest recommends and ask you to respect the Bible translations the other women are using in their denominations. If you want to translate the Bible to complete your workbook study or gain further understanding, we suggest using www.BibleGateway.com or a similar site.
What happens if I start late or take a week vacation and fall behind?
- No worries. The online bible study format allows you not to miss anything, because the discussions are ongoing and never removed. So you can join anytime and catch up, or fall behind without guilt.
Where can I find the audio/video segments for the study?
- Not all authors have audio or video segments for their Bible studies. If they are available, we’ll let you know. Because of copyright laws, and our respect for the authors, we do not provide these at the Womens Bible Cafe. If you want to include them in your study, you need to purchase them from the publisher or author. These are highly recommended, however due to the cost they are optional for the online study. If you participate in a local church study, they often play the videos at church for women’s Bible study.
Personal Safety and Spamming
- For your personal safety, we do not recommend giving out your phone number, home address or any other personal information to the women you meet in online study. We’ve made numerous efforts to keep spammers out of the Bible study small groups, however someone may seek to earn your trust and then sell you a product or service.
Use of Womens Bible Cafe™ Name
- The Womens Bible Cafe™ name has been in use since 2009 and is associated only with the ministry of Christine Smith at www.WomensBibleCafe.com The use of the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or a variation of the name with any other Twitter, Yahoo, Pinetrest, Instagram, Facebook group or page is strictly prohibited. We’ve had more than 5,000 women participate in our online Bible studies and it would confuse them if someone misuses the name Womens Bible Cafe™ If you are a participating in our online Bible studies and would like to make Facebook pages for your groups, please do not use the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or a variation of our name.