Starts January 12, 2015
- Covenant: God’s Enduring Promises by Kay Arthur. To sign-up CLICK HERE
- What Love Is: The Letters of 1, 2, 3 John by Kelly Minter. To sign-up CLICK HERE
Starts March 16, 2015
- We are currently selecting the next Bible study and will announce our decision soon.
- Register for email updates when you CLICK HERE
Getting Started in Online Bible Study | Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get a book?
- Books are required for spiritual growth and online Bible studies.
- Most of the books we select are available from Amazon, Lifeway Stores, or Christian Books. For international women, books are sometimes available in Kindle format, iTunes or Lifeway eReader
Where can I find the audio/video segments for the study?
- Not all authors have audio or video segments for their Bible studies. If they are available, we’ll let you know. Because of copyright laws, and our respect for the authors, we do not provide these at the Womens Bible Cafe. If you want to include them in your study, you need to purchase them from the publisher or author. These are highly recommended, however due to the cost they are optional for the online study. If you participate in a local church study, they often play the videos at church for women’s Bible study.
How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the Bible study?
- We recommend that you sign up to get the Bible study updates by email. Look in the top right of this page, and you’ll see a place to put your email address, or click here to register for the email updates. This will lead you to Google Feedburner, a tool that allows us to send you posts by email. We protect your email address and do not sell or spam with information.
- If you want to stop receiving email updates, scroll to the bottom of the email you received from Womens Bible Cafe and click “unsubscribe” to be removed from the list.
Why don’t I get the weekly email updates for my bible study?
- You did not subscribe to the website by email (see above) or you did not click the confirmation email from Feedburner to verify your email address. Check your spam folder. If you are using gmail or yahoo, you need to login to the mail via the web and check your spam folder.
When do I start reading my study book?
- On the day the study begins, you will start reading day one/week one in the book. We allow time for all the women to receive their workbooks and then we start reading as a group on the day the study begins.
What day and time do we meet for small groups?
- We use “closed groups” feature on Facebook. You must join our Facebook group in order to see the comments in the group.
- You are NOT assigned a small group leader. Once you join the facebook group, look under “pinned posts” at the top of the page and select a day and time that works for your schedule. You are welcome to participate in any of the small groups. If you miss your regular group, attend a different group in the week.
- Women all over the world are participating in the online study, so we have small groups meeting in various time zones. We meet on different days and times…in a private group.
- To see our current schedule click here: http://www.womensbiblecafe.com/small-groups/
- If you are not participating via the Facebook small groups, you can post a comment here on the website each week to answer the discussion questions. Facebook groups are optional for the study, though highly recommended.
How do I participate in online study?
- Similar to a church small group, we’ll ask questions about the current lesson. Please post a comment and answer or ask another question. We’ll also accept any prayer requests and support you in your study. We learn from one another, so every question and comment is helpful.
If I missed a live event or author chats, can I watch a video or listen later?
- No. Live events are in real-time on our Facebook pages and groups. They are not recorded.
Do you repeat studies?
- If you would like to learn from a COMPLETED STUDY, please look at our list of articles and follow as an independent study. Find a local friend and study together so you have someone to fellowship with and keep you accountable. Every few YEARS we do repeat studies we feel are life-changing. To see our completed studies- click here.
I can’t afford the book, do you have scholarships?
- No. This ministry is operated 100% by volunteers. Our leaders buy their own workbooks for their personal study and they cannot afford to buy books for you.
- Our guests have donated scholarship books in previous years and 99% of the women with scholarship books NEVER start or participate in the study. When you have a personal investment in your study you are more likely to participate.
- Please ask your local friends or church for a donation to cover your book, look for a used book, or see if the book is available at your library.
How do I get a photo or image next to my name when I make a comment?
- If you’d like your own picture by your comment, go to Gravatar.com. Click the first button “Get your gravatar today ->”, and it will walk you through a simple process to select a picture.
What Bible should I use for online study?
- Most of the Bible study authors use the older NIV bible or NKJV and many authors use numerous translations such as ESV, NLT, Message, Amplified, HCSB, etc… Since we are non-denominational we do not require a specific Bible translation and we do NOT argue over which Bible translation is correct. We recommend using the Bible format your pastor or priest recommends and ask you to respect the Bible translations the other women are using in their denominations. If you want to translate the Bible to complete your workbook study or gain further understanding, we suggest using www.BibleGateway.com or a similar site.
What happens if I start late or take a week vacation and fall behind?
- No worries. The online bible study format allows you not to miss anything, because the discussions are ongoing and never removed. So you can join anytime and catch up, or fall behind without guilt.
Personal Safety and Spamming
- For your personal safety, we do not recommend giving out your phone number, home address or any other personal information to the women you meet in online study. We’ve made numerous efforts to keep spammers out of the Bible study small groups, however someone may seek to earn your trust and then sell you a product or service.
Use of Womens Bible Cafe™ Name
- The Womens Bible Cafe™ name has been in use since 2009 and is associated only with the ministry of WomensBibleCafe.com The use of the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or a variation of the name with any other Twitter, Yahoo, Pinetrest, Instagram, Facebook group or page is strictly prohibited. If you are a participating in our online Bible studies and would like to make Facebook pages for your groups, please do not use the name Womens Bible Cafe™ or Bible Cafe for Women™ or Bible Study Cafe or a variation of our name.