Welcome back to the Womens Bible Cafe and our final discussion of True Woman 101 by Mary Kassian and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. We did it ladies…we’ve finished our 8 week study of Biblical womanhood!!! I’m so proud of you for not quitting and for sticking to your personal commitment. With certainty, there were many opportunities for you to just give up and quit. Those women who did quit will most likely regret their decision, so please keep them in prayer and don’t be tempted to criticize or judge them. A seed has been planted and someday it will bear fruit. I can’t tell you how many Bible studies I did not complete when I was new to faith. It takes time to develop the spiritual discipline of Bible study. Don’t worry if you did not finish this study, complete it independently or save it for another time.
This week in our study we learned about the quiet “counterrevolution” and sharing Biblical womanhood with others. We also looked at 10 ways to make a difference and get involved in this change and signed the manifesto in the back of the workbook. As we approach the holiday season of Thanksgiving, Christmas and Kwanza, we have the opportunity to demonstrate our own Biblical womanhood to others. Let them see Christ in you, the Heiress and Daughter of the King.
I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. John 12:46 NLT
Go back through your workbook and copy some of your favorite scripture verses onto index cards or into your tablet or iPad. Then each week memorize the scripture so you carry it in your heart and mind (see Deut 11:18 NLT).
Thank you for allowing this humble servant to lead you in such an important study. I’ve come from a background rooted in the feminist movement, and have been receptive to the lessons we’ve learned these past 8-weeks. It helped me to see where I walked off the path and how to set my feet firmly into God’s will for women. I am thankful for the authors fo this study and for each of you who shared your personal stories during the weekly small groups.
For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV
Much love to each of you!
Homework For The Week
- Register for the Christmas Bible study(4 week study)- Share Jesus Without Fear when you click here
- We’ll be studying Experiencing God by Blackaby in January and the registration for this will open in December
- Visit Amazon and post a review of this book to support the authors True Woman 101: Divine Design: An Eight-Week Study on Biblical Womanhood
Discussion Questions- Discuss with your small group or post a comment below
- What does culture uphold as the ultimate aim of womanhood?
- How does culture devalue marriage and motherhood?
- What are some ways a childless woman might have a “household” and be the “joyful mother of children?”
- What are some common misconceptions about the role of helper? In your relationship with men, do you categorize yourself as helper or hindered?
- Did you sign the pledge in your book? What do you intend to do to support the vision for the quiet “counterrevolution” shared in the True Woman study?
- Would you recommend the True Woman 101 study to a friend? Why or why not?
Related Articles for True Woman 101 Bible Study