Welcome back to womens online bible study as we finish Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I did not want to write this today because I’ve been so blessed by the study and the women in my small group… I don’t want it to end! We’ve examined 40 lies women believe and we looked at numerous scripture Truths to counter the lies. Week by week Nancy has challenged us to look for the lies we’ve been living by. Her summary in chapters ten and eleven really pull this study together!
During the bible study we saw how the enemy sets traps and tangles us with his lies. We also gained freedom from bondage by studying scripture. The two major points of our study were:
- Believing lies places us in bondage
- The truth has the power to set us free
Our bondage begins when we accept the lie and allow the enemy to rule over our thoughts. Our freedom is claimed when we stand firm in scripture.
When Jesus spoke in scripture he spoke of the truth. He even equipped us with the Spirit of Truth!
- Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! John 8:45 NIV
- Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? John 8:46 NIV
- But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13 NIV
- He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1:18 NIV
Jesus came to teach because so many were misled by religious leaders and rituals, they did not recognize the Truth when they saw Him. “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 NIV
To know the truth we need to know Jesus. To know Jesus, we need to read scripture. If you’re using the Companion Guide then you had the experience of writing out the truths and corresponding scripture verses. Putting the words on paper, in my own handwriting, was a moving experience for me. As I wrote across the page I imagined the same words written into my heart. It was quite powerful! I then identified the truths I needed to claim most and printed them on a card with the related scripture verse. I’ll meditate and memorize them so I’m more resistant to deception.
Speak truth into your hearts. Stay in relationship with Jesus.
If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:31-32 NIV
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.
For Next Week
- Pray for the women who are still completing this study
- Check in with your Small Group Leader
- Sign up for the next study
Group Discussion- Answer ONE question or as many as you like
- Look at the 40 lies in the table of contents for the book Lies Women Believe. During the course of this study, which lies have deceived you most? How have these lies kept you in bondage?
- What truths do you need to claim today?
- If you were to write a scripture verse from this study and carry it with you, which verse would you select?
- Would you recommend this bible study to a friend? Why or why not?
Have a great week…share what you have learned with others as you walk in Truth!
God is good…always!