Welcome back from summer vacation ladies! We’ve been planning several September events to turn your faith into relationship. Here’s a summary of upcoming events…
Prayer Study: Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer –> https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/2017/08/voice-of-god-register/
Several women asked us to lead an online Bible study on prayer, so we’ve selected the updated version of Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer. You may know this author as the actor on the War Room Movie, or perhaps you’ve joined us for her Armor of God study. We’ve been leading her studies here since 2010 and are thrilled to go through this study again. Join us!
40 Day Sugar Fast –> https://www.facebook.com/groups/40dayWBC/
We have a committed group of women who are starting a 40 day spiritual fast on September 1st, 2017. Many are excluding sugar from their diet, while a few others have decided to fast from coffee, bread, or specific foods. There are no rules for this fasting group. Jump in and begin a 40-day fast with us. If you have a medical condition don’t fast from sugar or food without a doctor’s approval.
Christian Leadership Coaching –> https://www.christineabraham.org/coaching/
Turn your calling into ministry with our monthly leadership coaching! If you’re an author, speaker, small group leader, or someone called into ministry- get into this group! If you’re too busy, send your virtual assistant or intern and I’ll coach them how to support you.
Monthly Book Club –>https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/monthly-book-club/
We have a monthly book club with discussions on specific books. Pick any book from the list, read before the end of the month, and then we start again the next month. Our goal is to read 12 books in a year, or if you speed read, 52 books (or more) in a year. Join us for book of the month discussion questions, meet the author, and fun book-related events!
September 2017 Book Club Selections and Discussion Days
- Genre: New Releases/Non Fiction Book of the Month
- Book of the Month: Goliath Must Fall by Louie Giglio
- Leader: Christine Abraham
- Location every Monday, anytime –>https://www.facebook.com/pg/ChristineAbrahamWBC/events/
- Genre: Author of the Month (we’ll meet 12 authors in a year)
- Book of the Month: Uncommon by Carey Scott
- Leader: Carey Scott
- Location every Tuesday, anytime –> https://www.facebook.com/pg/careyscotttalks/events/
- Genre: Fiction
- Book of the Month: What the Bishop Saw by Vannetta Chapman
- Leaders: Heather C. King and Melissa Henderson
- Location every Wednesday, anytime –> https://www.facebook.com/pg/heatherckingauthor/events/
- Genre: Leadership
- Book of the Month: The Four Dimensions of Leadership by Jenni Cantron
- Leader: Lakecia Harris
- Location every Thursday, anytime –>https://www.facebook.com/pg/PurposeMentor/events/
- Genre: Devotional
- Book of the Month: The 30-Day Love Language Minute Devotional Volume 1 By Gary Chapman
- Leader: Sonya Morris Nelson
- Location every Sunday, anytime –> https://www.facebook.com/pg/SonyaNelsonMinistries/events/
Affiliate Disclosure: Womens Bible Cafe is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
We are heartbroken over the flooding in Texas and our Bible Cafe friends in the path of Harvey. Please know that we are praying for you constantly and you are not forgotten!
Our Monday small group leader Barbra is stepping down from leadership as her cancer is more aggressive.
Our Tuesday small group leader Renee is recovering from recent surgery.
Our Saturday small group leader Lisa is recovering from open heart surgery and will be on sabbatical for the next study.
Former small group leader Chasity is preparing for her toddler son’s open heart surgery in mid September.
Author Cheri Gregory is joining us as a small group leader on Saturday’s
Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. Romans 5:2 NLT
Write down this verse… then ask yourself “What is my place of undeserved privilege?” Are you “confidently and joyfully” looking forward to the future, or dwelling in the past?