Power…it’s a strong word isn’t it? But what exactly does it mean? Dictionary.com defines power as the great or marked ability to do or act; strength; might; force; a person or thing that possesses or exercises authority or influence. Do you know that you have the power to do great and mighty things? The power to be all that God wants you to be? The power to do what God wants you to do? As Christians, we have all been given a special gift, and that’s the gift of the Holy Spirit, our personal power for daily living. But do we really know what it means to “walk by the Spirit” and to “live by the Spirit”?
Join us on August 10, 2015, for a new Inductive Precept Bible study on the book of Acts, “The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You” by Kay Arthur. Through this Precept study we will learn how to tap into the power of the Holy Spirit so that we are empowered to break through our fears and become a bolder witness for Jesus Christ and to experience His power in a dynamic way you have never experienced before in your daily living.
What You Need For “The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You: Acts” Inductive Bible Study
- The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You: Acts book by Kay Arthur (This is The New Inductive Study Series on the book of Acts). Available at Amazon, Lifeway, Precepts or Christian book stores.
- Your Bible (this study uses The New Inductive Study Bible in the NASB version); however, you may use your own Bible in your favorite translation, and the Observation Worksheets on the book of Acts will be provided in the Inductive Studies chat room for you to do your key word markings and observations
- Colored pencils or pens. My favorite are the Pilot Eraseable FroXion Gel Pens
- A journal or notebook for working on your assignments and recording your insights
This is a 10-week study, which will consist of about 20 to 30 minutes of study for six days of guided lessons, and questions for group discussion are provided on Day Seven.
The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You 10 Lesson Plans
- Introduction Week (Begin reading Week One)
- Week One – Witnessing: God’s Plan–The Holy Spirit: God’s Provision
- Week Two – What Made the Church Distinctive? Are we Missing Something?
- Week Three – Bound by Your Humanity–Or Unleashed by His Spirit?
- Week Four – Do You Know God’s Priorities?
- Week Five – Suffering–It Goes with Salvation
- Week Six – Baptized with the Spirit? Who…When…How?
- Week Seven – Don’t Know What to Do? Try Prayer and Fasting
- Week Eight – Not Perfect…but Faithful; Is Your Heart Grieved by the Idols People Worship?
- Week Nine – Will You Declare the Truth–No Matter the Cost?; Bold and Confident Because of the Spirit
- Week Ten – Unleashed for Obedience; His Witness–by His Spirit!
Welcome to our Fall Inductive Precept Bible Study!