Welcome to the Womens Bible Café™ we’re excited to begin the Beth Moore “Entrusted” online Bible study with you this week. This study is not exclusive for seasoned ministry leaders; it’s created for every woman who loves Jesus. You are a mighty servant of God, with boots (or high heels) on the ground, on this side of eternity. How do you find your calling and fill it? How do you complete the will of God during your lifetime? Study 2 Timothy with us!
Starting today you’ll read one lesson a day from the Entrusted study book written by Beth Moore and her daughter Melissa Moore. These authors recommend five levels of participation for the study: You may decide to listen to the seven videos/audio sessions (NOT required for WBC study due to the cost). You may decide to do the five daily lessons per week for the next six weeks (required for WBC studies). You may decide to handwrite 2 Timothy in the back of your study book. You might decide to memorize all the words from 2 Timothy. The commitment is yours to decide. Set an achievable goal and then measure your progress each week. We’re not going to push you and give gold stars of achievement when you finish the Entrusted study. The reward is in your relationship with the Lord and that cannot be measured or graded!
Start today. Keep it simple.
Join an interactive small group via our private Facebook group. We meet morning and evening, seven days a week. Select a day and time from the schedule “pinned” to the top of the group page. WBC groups are NEVER closed so you are welcome anytime, in any group. Each group lasts about one hour and some groups are larger than others, so find one that you’ll feel most comfortable attending.
Study. Connect. Grow.
SMALL GROUP LIVE EVENTS
Use an online time zone converter to calculate the event in your time zone. Attend one group per week.
|Day of Week||Eastern||Pacific||Leader|
|Monday||8:00 AM||5:00 AM||Stasia Nielsen|
|Monday||12:00 PM||9:00 AM||Christine Abraham|
|Monday||9:00 PM||6:00 PM||Rhonda Collins|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||6:00 AM||Heather King|
|Wednesday||9:00 PM||6:00 PM||Lauren Martinez|
|Wednesday||12 Midnight||9:00 PM||Karen Douglass|
|Thursday||12:00 PM||9:00 AM||Christine Abraham|
|Thursday||9:00 PM||6:00 PM||Stasia Nielsen|
|Friday||7:30 AM||4:30 AM||Mary Beth Floyd|
|Friday||3:00 PM||12:00 PM||Sajna Kuruvilla|
|Sunday||8:00 AM||5:00 AM||Melissa Gray|
|Sunday||9:00 PM||6:00 PM||Sonya Nelson|
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK:
- Read Week One “Divine Triangulation” in the study book. We will discuss this NEXT week.
- (optional): Begin writing out 2 Timothy in the back of your study book and/or memorizing the verses
- (optional): Session one video/audio http://www.lifeway.com/Product/entrusted-video-sessions-individual-use-m00000492
- Download entrusted-answers-to-video-sessions and use to fill in blanks in your study book
- Come meet the women in this study when you join a small group meeting: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
Tweet or Facebook Share with Hashtag #EntrustedStudy
- “The younger women are looking for older women to mentor them. Why are you resisting mentoring or being mentored? Let’s get over our insecurity about it and jump into it.” Beth Moore.
- “We can’t ramp up our effectiveness when we’re multitasking…four wheels need to be headed in the same direction. What ramp are you on?” Beth Moore
- “Ministry is the collective works that God has called us to do on this planet for His collective glory,” Beth Moore.
- “You can make a good living without faith, but you cannot fulfill your calling.” Beth Moore
- “You will be dissatisfied and in angst until you do what God has called you to do.” Beth Moore
- “Ask God to outrageously bless the work of your hands.” Beth Moore
- “Ask God to continuously develop in you an enlightened heart.” Beth Moore
- “Do you have guts enough to ask God to show favor over your life?” Beth Moore
SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Your WBC small group leaders may use some or all of these discussion questions this week.
- Complete this sentence: When I open my Bible I am confident that _____________.
- What does it mean to speak “effectively?”
- What does it mean to be “connected?”
- Why are you choosing to study the Scriptures this month?
- Can you tell someone the story of Jesus (birth, ministry, death, resurrection) along with your story? Can you communicate what life is like WITH Jesus and what your life was like WITHOUT Jesus? Answer with a simple yes or no.
- What questions would you ask someone who has been around Jesus for a long time?
- How would you answer this question from Beth Moore: “The younger women are looking for older women to mentor them, so why are you resisting mentoring or being mentored?”
- What are you willing to give up in order to step into your ministry calling? Keep this in mind: “Ministry is the collective works that God has called us to do on this planet for His collective glory,” Beth Moore.
APPLY WHAT YOU LEARN
- JOURNAL: Are you willing to believe the power of Jesus could dramatically change something that has been true of you since birth? Journal your answer.
- ACTIVITY: Interview someone this week about how her story is woven through Jesus’ story. Share your own story with one person this week.
- ACTIVITY: Ask someone this Beth Moore question this week: “The younger women are looking for older women to mentor them. Why are you resisting mentoring or being mentored?”
- ACTIVITY: Beth Moore created a “question book” from her blog posts. As a leader or follower, mentor or mentee, do you ask questions and write them down? Are you willing to start a question book this week?
Praying for illumination of your calling as we complete this study together! I’ll see you in the small groups this week!