We all worry about our jobs, finances, our children and our parents. And as we get older, loss, and the grief, loneliness and anxiety that comes loss can either deepen our relationship with God or can separate us away from Him and his love. In her study of the book of Job, Chonda Pierce, in the unique and entertaining way we have come to expect from her, looks at Job through the lens of a woman. Laughing In the Dark follows Chonda’s journey through her life.
- Finding hope in the midst of pain
- How to chose your friends and manage expectations
- Identifying those who are suffering and how to identify with their suffering
- God’s love and sovereignty
- And most of all, together we will encounter the living God
Laughing in the Dark a Bible Study on Job – 5/9/16 thru 6/26/16
I’m very excited about this study! You’ll need both the DVD and Bible study book. The Laughing in the Dark DVD is very powerful and convicting with over 3 hours of special features including:
- Laughing In The Dark Q & A with Kevin & Sam Sorbo, Sherri Shepherd, Miss Kay Robertson, James Robison, Roma Downey, Monica Crowley and Corbin Bernsen.
- Complete interview with David and Chonda Pierce
- Chonda interview on Life Today
- What now? Post film interview with director Rick Altizer and Chonda
- A film tribute to Chonda and her fans
- Book of Job Bible Study enhancement clips for use as a personal study or small group study
How the Online Bible Study Works
- Registration never closes, the #BibleCafe is always open
- Every Monday- I’ll send you an email with the weekly discussion questions. CLICK HERE to subscribe to WBC email updates
- Small Groups– Pick a day and time that fits your schedule and jump into the discussion via our private Facebook group. Schedule is posted in our Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
- Local Study- I’ll help you organize a local small group study. Grab some friends, cups of coffee or tea, and gather in your living room. Watch the DVD together and use the discussion questions you’ll find in my Monday email updates. Send me a photo of your local groups and I’ll share on our social media pages.
Social Media Connection- Use our hashtag #BibleCafe when sharing on social media so we can find you
- Facebook- Like our page Womens Bible Cafe and join our #WBCprayers each morning and evening. After you “like” us, turn the page notifications “on” and click “see first” so you can find us in your news feed. For laughter and fun be sure to follow Chonda Pierce on Facebook too!
- Twitter- I like reading tweets on my phone, especially quotes from WBC online studies. Tag your tweets with #BibleCafe so I’ll see them and retweet your posts during our study. Follow me at Twitter.com/WomensBibleCafe
- Pinterest- Each time I visit Pinterest I get hungry and want to start a craft project! Give me a shout out using the #BibleCafe tag. I’ve created a Pinterest board for Laughing in the Dark online Bible study, where we can share some of our memories. Follow me at Pinterest.com/WomensBibleCafe
- Instagram- I’ve been too busy for Instagram but if you’re using this format, give me a shout out using the #BibleCafe tag and I’ll look for you. Perhaps you can encourage me to start using it again? Find me at Instagram.com/WomensBibleCafe
Resources for Laughing in the Dark Online Bible Study
- Laughing in the Dark by Chonda Pierce DVD (required)
- Laughing in the Dark Job Bible Study by Chonda Pierce (required)
- Laughing in the Dark by Chonda Pierce Paperback or Kindle (recommended)
Study Book Available at: ChristianBook.com Amazon is having shipping and delivery problems and Lifeway.com is sold out (some local stores may have this)
Video can be streamed from Amazon or Walmart streaming, or you can buy DVD at ChristianBook.com
How to Register for Laughing in the Dark Online Bible Study
- Okay…you have all the important details. Now one final thing… COMMENT BELOW to register for this study! When you comment below, I’ll know how many women are joining us and how many small groups we need to organize.
- Join our “closed” Facebook group (this simply means only group members can see your comments) here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/