Welcome to our online Inductive Bible Study at the Women’s Bible Cafe™. Today we begin our study of the book of Galatians, “Free from Bondage God’s Way” by Kay Arthur. We are so excited you are joining us for this six-week in-depth Inductive Bible study, and many ladies will be joining us from all over the United States and abroad.
We’ve all been there…stuck in that bottomless pit of doom and despair at one point or another in this journey of life, suffocating, depressed, feeling hopeless with no way out; however, we can be set free to live the abundant life God has created for us. My prayer is that this study will help you to understand not only what it means to “live in freedom” but to “walk in freedom” by faith in Jesus Christ on a daily basis no matter what your current circumstances may be.
Before you begin this study, please take time to read the “How to Get Started…” on pages 5 through 11 of your study book. This is valuable information on how to use this study guide to help you understand the Inductive Bible study approach that we will be using each week. Then begin reading Week One in your “Free from Bondage God’s Way,” study guide, which is divided into six daily lessons, and the seventh day is a day of reflection and review of what you studied during the week. Please do not skip over Day Seven, because we learn by repetition, and this review will enable you to recall truths that you studied during the week which will help you to retain those truths that you will need to be armed with as you go out into the world so that you are not distracted by the subtle attacks of the enemy.
“Free from Bondage God’s Way” in Six Lesson Plans
- Introduction Week (Begin Reading Week One)
- Week One – Saved by Grace but in Bondage to the Law?
- Week Two – Shackled by Your Past?
- Week Three – Where’s Freedom from Your Flesh?
- Week Four – You’re an Heir of Grace…Live Like It!
- Week Five – How Do You Walk by the Spirit?
- Week Six – Bearing the Cross…and His Brandmarks.
Each day’s study time will take approximately 15 to 30 minutes, sometimes less or sometimes more, depending on that day’s study. I urge you to set aside a quiet time of study with God free of distractions. I have found that if I make my appointment with God at the same time each day, I am better able to keep that time on a consistent basis. It also helps to have all your study materials in your special quiet time place, which will help you stay motivated: Your Bible, Bible study book, a notebook or journal, colored pens and pencils, highlighters, etc. It is not necessary to purchase an Inductive Study Bible for the purpose of this study. The Observation Worksheets that you will need to do your study on the book of Galatians will be provided for you in the Inductive Studies chat room (see “Helpful Links and Resources”) by clicking “Files” at the top of the chat room beneath the cover photo of the open Bible. You can printout the entire book of Galatians by typing Galatians 1-6 in the search engine. Then you can decide after completing this study if you would like to invest in an Inductive Study Bible for future Inductive Bible studies.
I also encourage you to participate in a small group to discuss the lessons you are learning each week. Sharing is voluntary, and we do not expect you to share anything that will cause harm to yourself or another person. We meet in a private Facebook group, or if you prefer, you may answer the discussion questions here on this website by posting a comment below. This first week our small groups will meet for a time of introduction and fellowship where you’ll meet your leaders and the other ladies in your group. You will find the small group schedule pinned to the top of the Inductive Studies chat room. Our entire ministry team will be praying for you.
Please note that the first week of study, the small groups are quite populated! Many women will visit the groups to “see what it’s about” and might visit more than one group during the week. The timeline will move VERY FAST during the first week and might challenge you or frustrate you. This only happens the first week….then the small groups adjust in size and the conversation is easier to follow. During the first small group meetings, you might need to refresh your computer screen F5 to keep up. You can always go back later and re-read the timeline for your small group or jot down the prayer requests. Mobile devices are not recommended, so please use a computer to access the small groups if possible.
One week from today we will begin discussing WEEK ONE of the lessons you studied this first week.
BIBLE STUDY TIP: Read through the entire book of Galatians in one sitting before you begin your daily assignments. Record your first impressions and thoughts in your notebook or journal. What type of literature is this book?
Assignment For the Week
- Make sure you subscribe to our email updates so that you receive email updates each week on Monday.
- Write a letter to God in your notebook or journal. Date your letter and tell God where you are in your season of life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study. We will not ask you to share your letter. This is personal between you and God.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom and understanding to learn His truths.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. The small group schedule is pinned to the top of the Inductive Studies group. Arrive to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting you chose to attend. A small group photo will be posted by the leader one hour prior to your meeting time.
- Begin reading Week One: Saved by Grace but in Bondage to the Law? in your study guide and complete the daily lessons in your notebook or journal.
Discussion Questions – Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- What motivated you or drew you to this Inductive Bible study? (When you answer the question, put Q1 before your comment so we know you’re answering question one)
- Share some of the ploys or tactics the enemy uses today to keep us in a pit of bondage. (When you answer the question, put Q2 before your comment so we know you’re answering question two.
- How can our leaders and the other women in this small group support you on your spiritual journey? Do you need encouragement, accountability, Bible study tips, or something else? (when you answer the question, put Q3 before your comment so we know you’re answering question three)
- What will be your biggest challenge during this 6-week study? (when you answer the question, put Q4 before your comment so we know you’re answering question four)