Join the Womens Bible Cafe as we study Joseph: The Journey to Forgiveness by Melissa Spoelstra. This new online Bible study begins January 11, 2016. God wants us to release our past and present hurts and allow Him to do a supernatural work of forgiveness in our life. All of us know what it’s like to be hurt or betrayed. Often it’s a small breach such as being spoken to rudely or overlooked in a time of need. Other times we experience lies, gossip, or harsh words that cut us to the core. Some of us have endured unspeakable pain through abuse, adultery, or abandonment. God knows the pain we cause each other and longs to help us learn to practice forgiveness. Nowhere do we see forgiveness played out more fully in Scripture than in the biblical story of Joseph.
This study explores what God has to say to us about grace and forgiveness through Joseph’s story of trial and triumph found in Genesis 37-50. As we study his dreams, his betrayers, his dysfunctional family, his struggle to forgive, and his journey toward reconciliation, we’ll find truths that echo into our own personal situations as well as practical help for answering common questions, such as:
- How do I stop dwelling on the hurt?
- Is forgiving someone excusing what happened?
- When will I stop having to re-forgive?
- Is there a difference between forgiveness and reconciliation?
- How can I forgive and still set boundaries?
- Is it ever okay not to forgive?
Whether or not you are working through a hurtful situation right now, you can learn from Joseph how to release your past and present hurts to God and allow Him to do a supernatural work of forgiveness in your life. God wants to use the very things intended to hurt you as a source of blessing in your life and the lives of others. The Participant Book includes five days of lessons for each week, combining study of Scripture with personal reflection, application, and prayer.
The Participant Book includes five days of lessons for each week, combining study of Scripture with personal reflection, application, and prayer. You’ll read the lessons at home and join an online small group led by Womens Bible Cafe ministry leaders.
You’ll join us from home, your minivan, or your office.. no need to get dressed up for this Bible study!
We have women around the world joining us right where they are. No hassles getting to the Womens Bible Cafe™. No designated small group with a leader you might not like. Select your own small groups, decide when you want to attend, and grow in faith as the Holy Spirit teaches and moves during these online discussions.
Best of all, if you miss your regular small group because of another event, all you need to do is attend any of the other groups during the week. All groups are open attendance and everyone is welcome…this Bible Study Cafe is ALWAYS OPEN to women seeking more Jesus.
Our talented team of small group leaders consist of theology students, pastor’s wives, certified Bible teachers, missionaries and more! We’ve led more than 50 online Bible studies for women using workbooks from authors such as Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, Jennifer Rothschild, Henry & Richard Blackaby, Kay Warren, Nancy Leigh DeMoss and many more.
To God be the glory… His will be done.
How to Register for the Joseph Online Bible Study
- Post a comment below and answer this fun question: If you could invite one person from the Bible to dinner, which person would you choose and why? Use the comment box.
- Get a copy of the Joseph: The Journey to Forgiveness Participant Guide written by Melissa Spoelstra. You can find this on Kindle or paperback at Amazon. You’ll also find it at Abingdon Press or Christian bookstores. It’s not expensive…the price of three coffee drinks should cover it! Order it now so you don’t have to pay for faster shipping if you procrastinate.
- If this is your first online Bible study with us, be sure to read the Getting Started Page.
- Register to receive email updates here: http://www.womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter/
- The week of January 11, 2016 we’ll begin small group introductions and start reading the book. Login to Facebook then click “Join Group.” We meet here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
- Videos are fun for local home groups or church groups, and optional for online study. Joseph: The Journey to Forgiveness Leaders Kit for this study contains six video sessions, the Participant Book and Leaders Book. This kit is awesome and the price is 1/4 what I usually pay for a leaders kit from other publishers.
Resources for the Study
Joseph – Women’s Bible Study Book
Joseph – Women’s Bible Study Book (Kindle Version)
Joseph – Women’s Bible Study DVD Set (optional for our study)
Joseph – Women’s Bible Study Leader Guide (optional for our study)
Joseph – Women’s Bible Study Leader Kit (optional for our study)