Let’s face it, we have all felt shattered and war-torn at one point or another in our lives. The enemy never tires of creating chaos and attempting to devastate everything we hold dear. It is time for us to rise up and take a stand against the devil’s schemes (Ephesians 6:10-18). Today we begin Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer, a 7 week in-depth study designed to give us the strategy we need to face the onslaught of the enemy and secure our personal victory.
We’ll be using the Armor of God workbook (sometimes called member book) for this study. Each lesson should take about 30-45 minutes a day, five days a week. Video sessions are available for download from Lifeway.com however they are optional and not required for this online study. For this study you will also need a Bible, notebook and of course, something to write with. All of our sessions are online, so your computer or tablet will be an important tool as well. Although you can follow along with the small groups on your smart phone, I personally do not recommend it as the groups are fast paced and it can be difficult to keep up.
If you are new to Bible study and don’t own a Bible yet, you can create a FREE account at YouVersion.com and download the handy Bible app for your smart phone. Make sure that you take full advantage of the resources here at the Womens Bible Cafe™ such as ~ How to Shop for a Bible by subscribing (upper right hand corner) and receiving updates via your inbox.
Small groups are happening all the time at the Womens Bible Cafe™ Small Group on Facebook. If you are unable to participate with the group that you regularly attend, please feel free to join a different group for that week. Rest assured that we will be taking the journey together and each small group will be following the same lesson determined in the member book for that week. The the only exception for this study will be Thanksgiving. (Please note that there will be no groups on November 26-27 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday). Feel free to jump into another group that week so that you are not missing out on important faith and fellowship time. Here is the schedule for the Armor of God Small Groups.
We are thrilled that you will be joining us along with many other women from around the world who are passionate about studying God’s Word. Feel free to Connect with us on all social media by using the hashtags #StudyConnectGrow and #ArmorofGod .
I remember my first study with the Womens Bible Cafe™ . It was an amazing time of growth and fellowship for me as a #missionarymomma. Each week the Lord taught me new things as the foundations of my Christian walk grew stronger and deeper. The small group leaders were always available to help with the content and format of the studies and I have been blessed with precious new friendships from around the world as we have learned and grown in our walks together. So, are you ready for the adventure? Well, let’s GO!
Assignment For the Week
- Register for Armor of God if you have not already done so. This is the best way to ensure that you do not miss the on important updates each week.
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Pour out your heart to Him, be real. He longs to meet you right where you are at in your life right now. Write your declaration of faith for where you hope to see yourself at the end of these 7 weeks.
- Always take the time to pray before you begin your daily lessons. God longs to be with you and you are opening the door of faith through taking the time to ask Him for wisdom and guidance first.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. Arrive on time to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting.
- Begin reading Week One: Sizing Up The Enemy in your workbook
- Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide from our private Facebook group (look under files) or Lifeway website (Armor of God product family Resources)
- If you are planning on watching the videos, watch Session One, available through Lifeway (NOTE: these videos are not required for participation in the study)
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- What motivated you to join us for this study? (when you answer the question, put Q1 before your comment so we know you’re answering question one)
- On scale of 1-5 (1 feeling defeated and 5 feeling victorious) how well do you think you are handling the battles you are facing at the moment? (when you answer the question, put Q2 before your comment so we know you’re answering question two)
- How can our leaders and the other women in this small group support you on your spiritual journey? Do you need encouragement, accountability, Bible study tips, or something else? (when you answer the question, put Q3 before your comment so we know you’re answering question three)
- What will be your biggest challenge during the 7-weeks ahead? (when you answer the question, put Q4 before your comment so we know you’re answering question four)
We are so very excited about the journey we are about to take together. All of us as leaders are praying God’s richest blessings on you as you Study, Connect and Grow. Let the adventure begin!