Peace. The one thing we all want and yet so very often it seems just beyond our reach. Life hits us in waves while we try to catch our breath as they crash in upon us. There are those moments when we can sit and linger and enjoy the view before us, but more often than not we are struggling to find a bit of peace in the midst of the mess. We set aside the important in order to take care of the urgent that demands our attention. Treading on dangerous ground, we need equipment that will protect and guide us along the way.
This week in our study of the Armor of God, we learned about the importance of the Shoes of Peace. God never intended for us to feel crippled by chaos. He fits us with just what we need to navigate the storms of life in confident peace. He not provides peace, God IS our peace.
Anywhere peace is lacking, the enemy is at work. Priscilla Shirer
Assignment For the Week
- Create a Peace Prayer Strategy Card and display it where you will read it daily. Make this prayer a declaration of your intent to find peace in God on a daily basis. Write steps you can take to guard your heart in this.
- Make sure you attend a small group this week.
- Read Week Five: The Shield of Faith in your member book.
- If you are watching the videos, watch Session Five available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- Please share a truth that was either new or challenging for you this week.
- Why DO we wear shoes and why do you think the Apostle Paul attached the characteristic of peace to them?
- Share a time where you felt crippled by chaos and how you managed to get through it?
- How have you experienced the peace of God in your life?
- Of the three pieces of armor we have studied thus far, which of those do you feel you need the most in your life at the moment? (Belt of Truth, Breastplate of Righteousness and Shoes of Peace)
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15