We’ve just completed our fifth week of Believing God by Beth Moore, leaning that you can do all things through Christ. One verse that you’ll want to tuck into your heart is this:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NKJV
Walking through the Hebrews Hall of Faith reveals the extraordinary purpose of ordinary lives. All of these faithful men and women shattered unbelief and people-pleasing and instead looked for God to lead them. Moses, an ordinary man fueled by love for God, stepped out of his comfort zone into a calling and purpose. He didn’t deny his weakness or faults and instead trusted God to magnify Himself through this ordinary man. You can too!
Remember this: Hebrews 11:1-2 (Amplified) Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses]. For by this [kind of] faith the men of old gained [divine] approval.
Knowing you are a blessed child of God, remember to worship as a group and as an individual. Sometimes you’ll have arms raised at a church event while listening to music, and other times you’ll be alone on your knees with your heart praising God.
My worship is continuous so therefore it’s not a formal posture or event. Sometimes I will find myself crying joyful tears and other times I am sobbing as I feel what might grieve Jesus. I need a graphic shirt that says “Not hormonal, just Christian! He knows my heart and yours too!
In small groups this week you’ll share ideas for worship, discuss your hero from the Hall of Faith, and encourage each other to complete the remaining weeks of this online Bible study. Our leaders are praying for you by name and praising God when you share your heart with the women in your small group.
Stay the course…enjoy the study!
Assignment For the Week
- Calendar your study time and small group time. Use a reminder alarm on your cell phone.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. Arrive to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting.
- Read Week Six: Believing God’s Word is Alive and Active in You in your workbook
- Read Romans 4 at least two times this week, in a translation of your choice.
- If you are listening to the audio cd’s or watching the videos, watch Session Six, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- As we took a walk the last two weeks viewing the portraits in the corridor of the Hall of Faith in Hebrews 11:4-31, which hero of faith speaks to your heart most? Why?
- On page 97, Beth talks about the original word for “worship” which implies postures of either kneeling or being prostrate before God. It is also associated with blowing kisses toward a superior as an expression of affection, as well as awe. What are some of the ways you worship God? Have you ever had an experience that you knew could only be of God and caused you to be in awe of him? Describe that experience and how you were led to worship God.
- On page 110, Beth asked us to imagine standing next to God before our own personal Jerichos and leaning in closely so that we can see all the way down His outstretched arm until we gaze on the place where His index finger is pointing. What would God be pointing out to you as you hear Him say, “See, child? Would you please see this the way I do? Not through your eyes. Through eyes of faith!”
- Our responsibility is to be strong and courageous (Joshua 1:9). In what area of your life are you not feeling strong or courageous? Please explain.
- We’re 50% through our study with Beth Moore. What can you do personally to make sure that you finish all 10 weeks?