Welcome back to another inductive Bible Study at the Women’s Bible Cafe™. We are embarking on an exciting adventure in the study of the book of Acts, “The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You“ by Kay Arthur. It is a ten week in-depth Inductive Bible study, and many women will be joining us from all over the United States and abroad. My prayer is that this study will help you to understand not only what it means to “live by the Spirit” but to also “walk by the Spirit.” These invaluable truths will help you learn about the Holy Spirit of God and how to have a deeper relationship with Him.
If you are new to Inductive Bible Study, please take time to read the “How to Get Started…” on pages 5 through 11 in the study book prior to beginning the study. This will help you understand the Inductive study approach we will be using each week. Our first week you’ll begin reading Week One of “The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You,” which is divided into six daily lessons, and the seventh day is a day of reflection and review for what you studied during the week. Each day’s study time will take approximately 15 to 30 minutes. I urge you to set aside a quiet time of study with God free of distractions. I have found that if I make my appointment with God at the same time each day, I am better able to keep that time on a consistent basis. It also helps to have all your study materials in your special quiet time place, which will help you stay motivated: Your Bible, Bible study book, a notebook or journal, colored pens and pencils, highlighters, etc. You do not have to purchase an Inductive Study Bible for the purpose of this study. The Observation Worksheets on the book of Acts will be provided for you in the Inductive Studies chat room which you can download, printout and place in a 3-ring binder. Then you can decide after completing this study if you want to invest in an Inductive Study Bible for future Inductive Bible studies.
I also encourage you to participate in a small group to discuss the lessons you are learning each week. Sharing is voluntary, and we do not expect you to share anything that will cause harm to yourself or another person. We meet in a private Facebook group, or if you prefer, you may answer the discussion questions here on the website by posting a comment. This first week our small groups will meet for a time of introduction and fellowship, where you’ll meet your leaders and the other ladies in your group. Our entire ministry team will be praying for you.
Please note that the first week of study, the small groups are quite populated! Many women will visit the groups to “see what it’s about” and might visit more than one group during the week. The timeline will move VERY FAST during the first week and might challenge you or frustrate you. This only happens the first week….then the small groups adjust in size and the conversation is easier to follow. During the first small group meetings, you might need to refresh your computer screen F5 to keep up. You can always go back later and re-read the timeline for your small group or jot down the prayer requests. Mobile devices are not recommended, please use a computer to access the small groups if possible.
Assignment For the Week
- Make sure you registered for this online Bible study so that you receive email updates each week on Monday.
- Write a letter to God in your notebook or journal. Date your letter and tell God where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom to learn His truths.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. Arrive to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting.
- Begin reading Week One: Witnessing: God’s Plan–The Holy Spirit: God’s Provision in your workbook and follow the instructions. Write out your answers in a notebook or journal.
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- What is your motivation for this study? (when you answer the question, put Q1 before your comment so we know you’re answering question one)
- If you had the power to change one problem in the world today, what would that problem be? This study is designed to help us tap into the power of the Holy Spirit which will empower us to do amazing things even when we are feeling defeated and powerless regardless of where we are on our spiritual journey. (when you answer the question, put Q2 before your comment so we know you’re answering question two)
- How can our leaders and the other women in this small group support you on your spiritual journey? Do you need encouragement, accountability, Bible study tips, or something else? (when you answer the question, put Q3 before your comment so we know you’re answering question three)
- What will be your biggest challenge during the 10-weeks ahead? (when you answer the question, put Q4 before your comment so we know you’re answering question four)