Welcome Ladies, to another online Bible Study at the Women’s Bible Cafe™. This is an one of my favorite studies, Believing God by Beth Moore. It is a ten week in-depth study and we have many women from around the world participating in this online Bible study. Some of us are repeating the study because it’s just so good! My prayer is that you will have a deeper relationship with God through this life-changing study written by Beth Moore. May you identify hidden unbelief and obstacles to a deeper relationship with God. May you be a different woman ten weeks from now than the woman you are today, standing firm in the promises of God.
We’ll be using the Believing God workbook (sometimes called member book) for this study. Each lesson should take about 45 minutes a day, five days a week. I encourage you to pray before you begin each lesson, and only read one session per day. In the back of your workbook you will find nine Scripture Memory Cards, which are to be memorized on the corresponding week. You’ll also find the Five Statement Pledge of Faith. Video sessions are available for download from Lifeway.com, they are optional and not required for online study due to the cost. I use the audio CD’s for my studies, also available at Lifeway.
Create a daily appointment with God, and don’t let anything pull you away from intimacy with Him. A good plan is to read the same time each day, Monday through Friday, allowing the weekend to make up any lesson you missed during the week. Keep your study time simple and free from distractions. You may find that keeping everything you need in one place will help you stay motivated. I have a basket with my Bible, workbook, journal, pens, highlighters, reading glasses and post it notes. If you are new to Bible study and don’t own a Bible yet, then use one of the many online versions at FREE sites such as BibleGateway.com or YouVersion.com or you may want to read this article~ How to Shop for a Bible
Sharing is voluntary and we do not expect you to share anything that will cause harm to yourself or another person. You are invited to participate in small group discussion via Facebook, or here at the website. To participate in a discussion here on the website, you will answer the questions below by posting a comment. The first week our small groups will have introduction sessions, where you’ll meet your leaders, as well as the other women in your group.
Please note that the first week of study, the small groups are quite populated! Many women will visit the groups to “see what it’s about” and might visit more than one group during the week. The timeline will move VERY FAST during the first week and might challenge you or frustrate you. This only happens the first week….then the small groups adjust in size and the conversation is easier to follow. During the first small group meetings, you might need to refresh your computer screen F5 to keep up. You can always go back later and re-read the timeline for your small group or jot down the prayer requests. Mobile devices are not recommended, please use a computer to access the small groups if possible.
One week from today we will discuss WEEK ONE in the workbook.
Assignment For the Week
- Make sure you registered for this online Bible study so that you receive email updates each week on Monday.
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Put today’s date inside your book and tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during this study.
- Pray before you begin reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to wisdom.
- Select a small group day and time that fits your schedule. Arrive to the private Facebook group for the one hour meeting.
- Begin reading Week One: Believing God For Your Promised Land in your workbook
- Download the Answers to the Viewer Guide from our private Facebook group (look under files) or Lifeway website (look under Believing God Leaders Kit Resources)
- If you are listening to the audio cd’s or watching the videos, watch Session One, available through Lifeway (not required for participation in the study)
Discussion Questions- Answer in your small group or post a comment below
- What is your motivation for this study? (when you answer the question, put Q1 before your comment so we know you’re answering question one)
- If you compare your current spiritual health to a cup of coffee, would you describe it as strong, medium, or mild? This is a study designed to strengthen our belief, regardless of where we are on the spiritual journey. (when you answer the question, put Q2 before your comment so we know you’re answering question two)
- How can our leaders and the other women in this small group support you on your spiritual journey? Do you need encouragement, accountability, Bible study tips, or something else? (when you answer the question, put Q3 before your comment so we know you’re answering question three)
- What will be your biggest challenge during the 10-weeks ahead? (when you answer the question, put Q4 before your comment so we know you’re answering question four)